Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPad 2

• 05-12-2019 7:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an iPad 2, good few years old at this stage. Mainly the kids that use it. I notice some apps are not working properly on it lately. It has iOS 9.3.5 and no option to further update it.

I know ios 13 is out now.

In regard to ipad2, is 9.3.5 the highest I can go? and essentially Apple want me to buy a new device.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi

I have an iPad 2, good few years old at this stage. Mainly the kids that use it. I notice some apps are not working properly on it lately. It has iOS 9.3.5 and no option to further update it.

I know ios 13 is out now.

In regard to ipad2, is 9.3.5 the highest I can go? and essentially Apple want me to buy a new device.

9.3.5 is what’s supported by the older iPad alright.
    You are not forced to buy a new iPad.

My children still use an iPad mini first gen and an iPad with 30 pin connector.
    All the required apps still work that they use.

What apps are not working for you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

kceire wrote: »
    9.3.5 is what’s supported by the older iPad alright.
    You are not forced to buy a new iPad.

My children still use an iPad mini first gen and an iPad with 30 pin connector.
    All the required apps still work that they use.

What apps are not working for you?

thanks.
    they downloaded some minecraft game thingy and another game and tehy dont work , just siot there, the keyboard is also weird, broke in 2 halves off to each side, works just weirdly split in half

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

It’s a 9 year old computer, hardly apples fault if it struggles to run the latest and greatest apps. We have an old iPad 3 and it still works perfectly for YouTube, Netflix and general browsing.

For the keyboard, you should be able to drag the two halves back together and they will snap into place

It’s a 9 year old computer, hardly apples fault if it struggles to run the latest and greatest apps. We have an old iPad 3 and it still works perfectly for YouTube, Netflix and general browsing.

For the keyboard, you should be able to drag the two halves back together and they will snap into place

Fair enough. Thanks, that keyboard trick worked.

thanks.
    they downloaded some minecraft game thingy and another game and tehy dont work , just siot there, the keyboard is also weird, broke in 2 halves off to each side, works just weirdly split in half

App Store
    They probably deleted the old app and tried to download the current version from the App Store.
    Go into their account on the App Store, go to downloads and you can download the compatible version for your software. My 8 year old is the same for Minecraft ;)

The Keyboard Split
    That's a setting change that I guarantee your kids done themselves. You can go back into keyboard settings and turn the full keyboard back on.

• Advertisement

App Store
    They probably deleted the old app and tried to download the current version from the App Store.
    Go into their account on the App Store, go to downloads and you can download the compatible version for your software. My 8 year old is the same for Minecraft ;)

The Keyboard Split
    That's a setting change that I guarantee your kids done themselves. You can go back into keyboard settings and turn the full keyboard back on.

Sorted the keyboard thing. Just needed to ‘snap’ the 2 sides together.

The App Store thing. What do you mean by the account on the App Store?

I’ve gone to App Store > found the app > click on it (not open it) > where to after this?

Searched around but could not find ‘downloads’

Sorted the keyboard thing. Just needed to ‘snap’ the 2 sides together.

The App Store thing. What do you mean by the account on the App Store?

I’ve gone to App Store > found the app > click on it (not open it) > where to after this?

Searched around but could not find ‘downloads’

App Store
    click on profile in top right corner
    Purchased/not on this iPhone/Device

You can then download the latest version for the device. I have to do it regularily for my son who has an iPad Mini 1.

App Store
    click on profile in top right corner
    Purchased/not on this iPhone/Device

You can then download the latest version for the device. I have to do it regularily for my son who has an iPad Mini 1.

Thanks. I must be on a different setup to you.
    I’m on iPad and go to App Store and don’t see any ‘profile’

But I don’t get what your saying. I have an old version iPad and iOS so the latest version will not work. I am looking for an older version of the software. I think that’s what your trying to get me to do. Find an older version of the software that works with my old iPad. But I can’t find the way to do it and I don’t see a “download” or “profile” in App Store.

But I don’t get what your saying. I have an old version iPad and iOS so the latest version will not work. I am looking for an older version of the software. I think that’s what your trying to get me to do. Find an older version of the software that works with my old iPad. But I can’t find the way to do it and I don’t see a “download” or “profile” in App Store.

Bump.

No, nothing to do with the iOS or software.
    In the App Store, there are older versions of the app that work with the older iPads.

Open App Store
    In Top right corner there should be a circle profile picture, press that.

Maybe list the apps that are not working fkr you and I’ll try them on our old iPad mini 1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement