Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

tototoe wrote: »
    Kind of worked. Can't find what's pushing it out, if I reseat the tray it stays closed for a while, then pops again. Thanks though, it's slightly better, and spotless.

There could be a stray bean somewhere. They get wedged in sometimes. Check the tray, grinds box thing and in behind the infuser. Maybe get the hoover at it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I am in Cork city and the water is softer than Kittensoft. West Cork is the same.

Thanks, when I initially tested it a couple of years ago it was soft where I was too. I've moved since so am curious to know if that's changed. Using the machine waaaaaay more lately too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

This morning the coffee maker diffuser mechanism seems to be locked down lower than usual on the bottom.

Woke up click the make coffee button and it made a mad racket and when I opened it up the diffuser unit, (the thing with the left and right side PUSH buttons) was sitting low in the machine. It occasional goes back up.

Any ideas ? Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

sunny2004 wrote: »
    This morning the coffee maker diffuser mechanism seems to be locked down lower than usual on the bottom.

Woke up click the make coffee button and it made a mad racket and when I opened it up the diffuser unit, (the thing with the left and right side PUSH buttons) was sitting low in the machine. It occasional goes back up.

Any ideas ? Please help

Power it off woth the button on the front, the diffuser should go back to its proper position. You should then be able to the the diffuser out, do this and then put it back in and power on the machine again. While you have the diffuer out, give the inside if the machine a bit of a clean as the coffee grains are inclined to get everywhere and build up over time. Have you applied any lubricant to the diffuser? There is a youtube video for basic care in which they do this as part of regular maintenance.

I use an old toothbrush to clean the inside and give it a vacumn every so often. Saying that, I'm having issues with mine too lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Power it off woth the button on the front, the diffuser should go back to its proper position. You should then be able to the the diffuser out, do this and then put it back in and power on the machine again. While you have the diffuer out, give the inside if the machine a bit of a clean as the coffee grains are inclined to get everywhere and build up over time. Have you applied any lubricant to the diffuser? There is a youtube video for basic care in which they do this as part of regular maintenance.

I use an old toothbrush to clean the inside and give it a vacumn every so often. Saying that, I'm having issues with mine too lately.

Thanks for the reply, I often take the diffuser out and clean it regularly and generally clean the inside. When I fully power down and machine and its fully off the diffuser is now sitting at the bottom, oddly enough in this NEW lower position it can come out. As for lubrication I have never done it to the machine.

• Advertisement

Lately, the grounds container on my machine always comes on when i turn on my machine. This is fixed by pulling out the drip tray and cleaning out along where the back of the drip tray meets the back the of the plastic enclosure on the inside of the machine. There must be a sensor of some sort at the back of the enclosure, wiping away the few coffee grains which are there will turn the ligh that has come on to turn off.

The underlying issue as far as i can tell issue is that a lot of the used coffee grains are not making it into the used coffee container, they tend to fall into the base of the inside of the machine. I suspect that something is not lined up correctly but have no idea what or how this has happened.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to fix it?

TIA

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I often take the diffuser out and clean it regularly and generally clean the inside. When I fully power down and machine is fully off the diffuser is now sting at the bottom, oddly enough in this NEW lower position it can come out. As for lubrication I have never done it to the machine.

The 'pull out diffuser' position is quite low alright when machine is off, i think that is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I think one of those little USB vacuum cleaners for a keyboard would be handy to get the offending grounds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

I think i will buy this next week. If anyone comes across it cheaper please post where. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

McSween wrote: »
    I think i will buy this next week. If anyone comes across it cheaper please post where. Thanks

Price in amazon for the 4200 is £298,which is high enough. It comes down to 215 at times

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/product/B001EOMZ5E?context=search

• Advertisement

Price in amazon for the 4200 is £298,which is high enough. It comes down to 215 at times

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/product/B001EOMZ5E?context=search

Thanks. I might wait going on those Lower prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭highdef

For about 60 euro more, why not get this.... https://www.did.ie/delonghi-dinamica-bean-to-cup-coffee-maker-white-ecam350-35-w-ecam350-35-w-prdb? I bought this a few months ago and it's a fine machine. Makes fantastic coffee and the touch screen is so handy. Plus it looks great and it doesn't have any ugly knobs or dials.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Mine started misfiring too.
    Noticed coffee coming out gradually slower out of spouts over the las while.
    Then after descaling it it's not coming out at all.
    You can here pump/buzzing coming on but really quietly/struggling and then no water sign coming on.
    Cleaned it thoroughly and no result.
    Any clues please

Bykobap wrote: »
    Mine started misfiring too.
    Noticed coffee coming out gradually slower out of spouts over the las while.
    Then after descaling it it's not coming out at all.
    You can here pump/buzzing coming on but really quietly/struggling and then no water sign coming on.
    Cleaned it thoroughly and no result.
    Any clues please

Have you descaled it regularly? I saw issues with a gaggia classic before where it hadn’t been descaled in 2 years and when it was finally descaled a chunk of scale came loose and caused a blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

My machine is needing to be descaled.
    Any recommendations on where to buy the descaler? (In bricks and mortar shops as I want to get it done today)

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Any recommendations on where to buy the descaler? (In bricks and mortar shops as I want to get it done today)

Harvey Norman stock the DeLonghi one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Anjunadeep wrote: »

Oust in Dunne’s or tesco. 3 sachets for around €2. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Aldi had Kilrock descaler sachets in a couple of weeks ago. I bought them for the washing machine and dishwasher but it says on the box they're suitable for coffee machines too. There might still be some left, they're not a thing that sells out ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

stimpson wrote: »
    Have you descaled it regularly? I saw issues with a gaggia classic before where it hadn’t been descaled in 2 years and when it was finally descaled a chunk of scale came loose and caused a blockage.

It was descaled regularly. With various descalers.

Took the machine apart and the problem was inside orange housing tube which inserts into the infuser once the infuser is lifted to the very top of the machine.

Inside this orange housing are two 8mm thick plastic pipes and through one of these hot water is pumped into infuser for brewing process.
    This is where limescale blocked the passage of water.

Problem is whenever you perform descaling process it never reaches these components of the machine because all of descaling solution comes out of steam spout which means it's bypassing essential components that obviously need to be descaled.

The thing is 99% of water i use with this machine is bottled, i don't know why i thought it should be limescale free.

Now looking for some food grade lubricant/grease for infuser and O rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

I read somewhere on the internet that the fresher beans should not be used in a Bean2Cup machine. ie. the shiny happy looking freshly roasted beans and its best to avoid them in a b2c machine.

Can anyone tell me if this is a fact or can i go ahead with the more premium offerings from some of the roasters in Ireland?

Or should i stick with the like of Lavazza and bean2cup varieties?

• Advertisement

£279.99 on amazon. What are the chances of Black Friday bringing this lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

£279.99 on amazon. What are the chances of Black Friday bringing this lower?

It dropped to £209 last year around this time I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It dropped to £209 last year around this time I believe

There will possibly be 20% off warehouse returns so if in stock could be significantly less

sweetie wrote: »
    There will possibly be 20% off warehouse returns so if in stock could be significantly less

I have mostly good experiences with warehouse but got a mixer last year and it was grubby. I am not sure what good or acceptable would be like for this machine. Ive watching for a while and will get one before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have mostly good experiences with warehouse but got a mixer last year and it was grubby. I am not sure what good or acceptable would be like for this machine. Ive watching for a while and will get one before christmas.

Stick with like new and you should be fine

Bought it for 249.99 new on amazon. It is at that price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Piddar

jayjbe wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Automatic-Coffee-Machine-ECAM22-110-B/dp/B00400OMU0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=magnifica+s&qid=1574239195&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-2

The later version is 289gbp, similar mechanisms in both but the later is cleaner (this model in my experience has a tendency to spill grinds internally) worth the extra 40gbp, ours is in daily use for cappuccinos and has been for 4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

jayjbe wrote: »

Thanks jayjbe. Just reserved. Great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

dball wrote: »
    I read somewhere on the internet that the fresher beans should not be used in a Bean2Cup machine. ie. the shiny happy looking freshly roasted beans and its best to avoid them in a b2c machine.

Can anyone tell me if this is a fact or can i go ahead with the more premium offerings from some of the roasters in Ireland?

Or should i stick with the like of Lavazza and bean2cup varieties?

I have the machine for over two years and mostly use these beans: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coffee-Masters-Super-Crema-Espresso/dp/B00PFQWBGA/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2/261-1819522-5193754?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00PFQWBGA&pd_rd_r=88f3a622-be72-496c-9196-c7bb562e270d&pd_rd_w=APiiQ&pd_rd_wg=JgjvT&pf_rd_p=91b19e2b-56e5-42ff-beaa-10f102e62129&pf_rd_r=C02HMVC7MRBKFA7G3DN5&psc=1&refRID=C02HMVC7MRBKFA7G3DN5

Failing that I use the Lavazza (red/silver bag).

The Coffee Masters beans are of the shiny type which you refer to above and I have used them for two years with no negative results.

Pop out the grinder using the red buttons once a month and let it sit in boiling water for 30 minutes of so.

It does the trick.

Advertisement