Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

ureds wrote: »
    More controversy with Mayo ladies tonight.Following the agm and a new Executive elected which included some of those who walked out last year a number of the new executives have resigned as they won't work with the ones who resigned last year and the senior manager has also resigned.

How can they meet and walk out. Isn't covid regs putting an end to meeting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭muddle84

spakman wrote: »
    His current gf/partner was a member of backroom team under Holmes & Connelly AFAIK.
    He seems to have taken her grievance as a personal crusade but very few people are listening anymore :D

What was her role in the backroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tml73

Logistics, I think. One of the areas the players had a gripe with.

She is doing a great job on the podcast in fairness.

Anywho..... i don't think this has been shared here yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_National_Football_League_(Ireland)

We are in Division 2 North which is Mayo, Meath, Down and Westmeath.

Fixtures:

27-02-20211 Mayo v Meath Castlebar
    27-02-20211 Down v Westmeath Newry
    Round 2
    08-03-20212 Westmeath v Mayo Mullingar
    08-03-20212 Meath v Down Navan
    Round 3
    14-03-20213 Mayo v Down Castlebar
    15-03-2021 Meath v Westmeath Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

muddle84 wrote: »

Fixtures:

Round 2
    Round 3

2 out of 3 in CBar
    We will be relegated again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

There's an article in the independent saying national leagues could be scrapped for this year due to Covid and tighter budgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

More than likely no leagues this year anyway. Everything is gonna be pushed back till later in the year again. Can see them flipping to IC being held in Autumn again this year with the hopes that crowds will be allowed in form by then. Doesn't seem to be any Govt funding coming the way of the GAA this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

How can they meet and walk out. Isn't covid regs putting an end to meeting up?

It was online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

More than likely no leagues this year anyway. Everything is gonna be pushed back till later in the year again. Can see them flipping to IC being held in Autumn again this year with the hopes that crowds will be allowed in form by then. Doesn't seem to be any Govt funding coming the way of the GAA this year.

If that is the case, they will need crowds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

Can we have less of the personal and idle gossip style posts....I heard....Afaik....Apparently etc please.

Thank you.

Edit, just to add.....its normally not a good idea to quote or reply to a Mod Note, move on please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I wonder will the non televised (and as we are in Div 2, can't see all our games being shown if any at all) NFL games be streamed anywhere? Id have no issue paying a few euro for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mod Edit

I wonder will the non televised (and as we are in Div 2, can't see all our games being shown if any at all) NFL games be streamed anywhere? Id have no issue paying a few euro for them

Same as that, i wouldn't mind paying at all as long as i get to see the games.

Did Anybody listen to Paul Galvin's interview on the Examiner Podcast, he touched on the lack of coverage for the lower divisions and how interesting the games are in the league at that level.

Same as that, i wouldn't mind paying at all as long as i get to see the games.

Did Anybody listen to Paul Galvin's interview on the Examiner Podcast, he touched on the lack of coverage for the lower divisions and how interesting the games are in the league at that level.

So interesting that he walked out on Wexford mid-season. I know he moved to Mayo but still it was bad form to just walk out on them.

So interesting that he walked out on Wexford mid-season. I know he moved to Mayo but still it was bad form to just walk out on them.

He does talk to it, COVID was the main driver according to himself and where he now lives. From what he says, but for COVID he would be still there.

In saying that i don't think his comments on the Cómhra Lé Tómas podcast helped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

He does talk to it, COVID was the main driver according to himself and where he now lives. From what he says, but for COVID he would be still there.

In saying that i don't think his comments on the Cómhra Lé Tómas podcast helped either.

What did he say there?

I found the section on what he thought about Mayo interesting. Reckons the fans are OTT, a pitch invasion after losing a league game in Castlebar. He said losing a league game at home was sacrilege and couldn't believe that certain players were signing autographs after losing

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

What did he say there?

I found the section on what he thought about Mayo interesting. Reckons the fans are OTT, a pitch invasion after losing a league game in Castlebar. He said losing a league game at home was sacrilege and couldn't believe that certain players were signing autographs after losing

I’d put him in the same managerial group as Roy Keane . Good footballer but maybe not management type .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭PressRun

Yes, they should just keep walking past the children and disappear down the tunnel without speaking to any of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fixtures:

Round 2
    Round 3
    Is there any source for those fixtures bar Wikipedia? Can't see anything about who who's home or away on the GAA website.

What did he say there?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/gaa/paul-galvin-wexford-player-walk-off-panel-440372
    That covers what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but its very easy to figure out who he is singling out there. To me talking about those sort of things in the public domain shouldn't be done. Should be kept in the dressing room, i can't see how it would do team morale any good at all.

On the comments about the Mayo fans. I don't think anyone from his background could ever relate to the mentality of a Mayo fan. To him the Mayo team haven't got over the line and that has to be the sole and main focus of everything they do. For the fans we've never experienced that win and this team has got us closer and given us days like no other so they are heroes to us and in turn our children.

I always like to hear his thoughts and analysis on the game. I think he makes a great pundit. Who knows with the management side of it. He did say he originally only wanted to play a part in a set up as opposed to being number one. Based in Mayo now so it would be interesting to see does he get involved in one of the senior clubs

• Advertisement

Is there any source for those fixtures bar Wikipedia? Can't see anything about who who's home or away on the GAA website.

That's the only source i could find i'm afraid. I included the link so everyone would know its Wikipedia!

PressRun wrote: »
    Yes, they should just keep walking past the children and disappear down the tunnel without speaking to any of them.

if they did that then the likes of Brolly would have their next article. Mayo prima-donnas walk past their adoring fans. They think they are above everyone in their sponsored cars and all the rest. You get the gist of where they would be going with it. Of course they would leave out the fact that the likes of Kerry, Dublin, Kilkenny, Galway and many other have players with sponsored cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Where is Galvin living now?

Apparently there were trials last week, Colm Reape wasn't invited, Orme was. It would seem strange not to have Reape involved

Alan Molloy, trained Knockmore this year, is to be involved with the Mayo U-20 set-up under Maurice Sheridan. Good appointment if what I hear about Molloy is correct, he was meant to have a big impact on the Knockmore set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Green&Red wrote: »
    Apparently there were trials last week, Colm Reape wasn't invited, Orme was. It would seem strange not to have Reape involved

Alan Molloy, trained Knockmore this year, is to be involved with the Mayo U-20 set-up under Maurice Sheridan. Good appointment if what I hear about Molloy is correct, he was meant to have a big impact on the Knockmore set-up

Surprised re Reape.

Heard same.

Will be appointed tonight.

Peadar Gardiner involved too.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Surprised re Reape.

Heard same.

Will be appointed tonight.

Peadar Gardiner involved too.

Frank Irwin was invited to the senior trials

Anyone hear what goalkeepers attended?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Green&Red wrote: »
    Frank Irwin was invited to the senior trials

Great news.

Anybody know what the story is with Ethan Henry?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FYI a Feedback Thread has been opened.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058149601

Please read the Opening Post before posting.

Any opinions or thoughts in general are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PressRun wrote: »
    And is now using the national media to tease out grievances that have precisely nothing to do with football and everything to do with his own personal life. He burned plenty of bridges in other counties too over the years. The man brings trouble everywhere he goes.

Its embarrassing at this stage and the man now has the planning permission in Mayo sorted out by Paddy Bradley so will be living here and will be settling here. How he can s9t9e on his own doorstep is mind boggling!!

I see Joe Canning took the same stance on how players post their retirements on Twitter features Tom Parsons twitter post, yet ignoring his own county mans retirement the previous week via twitter.
    Its sad tbh the obsession with the Mayo team and players.

The LGFA is an odd one with a whole new board in and the chairperson gone so I wonder if those former members "won" the power struggle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement