Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not on today's schedule.

You'll have to put your life in your hands with Mayo GAA TV!:D

TBF the stream was excellent for the Ballina Knockmore game.

Thats becuase it was free, normal pay service this evening so who knows what it will be like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

Just looking for opinions on this.
    My sister and her husband have tickets for tomorrows big game,they are both huge Mayo fans and casual club fans (they are not club members)
    She is feeling a bit guilty as so many club die hards even some of the players families wont be there.Under normal circumstances they would attend every county final no matter who was playing.
    Im not sure how i feel about this,what do ye reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Its on mayogaatv so doubt either club would be streaming it

Breaffy streamed their county semi final.

HBC08 wrote: »
    My sister and her husband have tickets for tomorrows big game,they are both huge Mayo fans and casual club fans (they are not club members)
    She is feeling a bit guilty as so many club die hards even some of the players families wont be there.Under normal circumstances they would attend every county final no matter who was playing.

I won't ask how they got them.:)

Not sure what advice you're seeking?

TBH if they are feeling as conflicted as you are then perhaps it would be a nice gesture to offer the tickets up for a club members draw if so many club die hards are missing out.

They alone can make that call.

Gutted I can't head up myself but at least the game is on TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

If they can’t transfer them to someone else then they should certainly go, and make sure their tickets get used. Having the tickets and not using them would be a crime!.

• Advertisement

I won't ask how they got them.:)

Not sure what advice you're seeking?

TBH if they are feeling as conflicted as you are then perhaps it would be a nice gesture to offer the tickets up for a club members draw if so many club die hards are missing out.

They alone can make that call.

Gutted I can't head up myself but at least the game is on TG4.

Might be a few in the same position, they got them through Chairde Mhaigheo.
    Im not sure what to tell her (the husband doesnt care and is just excited to be going to a county final and supporting the club) Its a tough one as they do go to a few clubs games (and most county finals)but are not club die hards or members.

Blackjack wrote: »
    If they can’t transfer them to someone else then they should certainly go, and make sure their tickets get used. Having the tickets and not using them would be a crime!.

They can be transferred, she sent me a pic and there's no names on them.
    No question of them not being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Was it always 8 quid for the county finals?

I'll not have much faith in them to e honest after the last few games

They can be transferred, she sent me a pic and there's no names on them.
    No question of them not being used.

Ah look , if they have tickets and they want to go they should go and not feel bad about it. There’s always going to be someone who will miss out when a game is sold out but when attendances are restricted in the way they are there will be even more that are left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Breaffy streamed their county semi final.

That stream started due to Mayo GAA TV going offline. Wasn't up before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Might be a few in the same position, they got them through Chairde Mhaigheo.
    Im not sure what to tell her (the husband doesnt care and is just excited to be going to a county final and supporting the club) Its a tough one as they do go to a few clubs games (and most county finals)but are not club die hards or members.

I say advise her to definately go. And enjoy themselves. The COVID situation is completely unprecedented with the result that morals and ethics go out the window to some extent. They are fortunate to have got their hands on a couple of tickets.

Fair play to Balla, certainly deserved their win. Kiltimagh looked nothing like the team that put Hollymount/Carrowmore to the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Blackjack wrote: »
    Fair play to Balla, certainly deserved their win. Kiltimagh looked nothing like the team that put Hollymount/Carrowmore to the sword.

A great day for the parish....1-8 to 0-7 is what I'm hearing as the final score(?)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    A great day for the parish....1-8 to 0-7 is what I'm hearing as the final score(?)

Yeah. Kiltimagh only ever got to within a point of Balla after Balla got the goal early on. Loads of wides too but realistically a lot of them looked to be hit and hope shots. Balla certainly looked the fitter of the 2 teams. Kiltimagh looked out on their feet 10-15 minutes before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Well done Balla, back to where we belong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is this hurling stuff going into extra time?

On TG4 youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Are they going to show the whole game deferred on proper TV? My brother wanted it recorded...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

PARlance wrote: »
    On TG4 youtube
    Shows the first half but for some reason not showing the second half !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

PARlance wrote: »
    Is this hurling stuff going into extra time?

That "hurling stuff" was brilliant - way ahead of a football match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,438 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

blinding wrote: »
    Shows the first half but for some reason not showing the second half !:eek:

Its on TG4 now. Was on YouTube as the hurling went to extra time.

Out with a whimper!

Big county players dominated and a management team that has failed to show any justification for the expenses they've been creaming over the past 5 years.

Fair play to Knockmore, the hungrier and better team who deserved it based on today and what went before. They'll be around for years to come.

Congratulations to Knockmore and commiserations to Breaffy.

When the pressure came on Knockmore turned the screw.

Peter Naughton is inter county standard without doubt.

MOTM display from Darren Mc Hale.

This Knockmore team will be around for a number of years.

Unfortunately Breaffy are far too reliant on the O Sheas and a few others.Lacking in depth.

Decent display by Matthew Ruane but not enough clutch moments.

Conor O Shea is one of the players of championship,much like Aidan he didn't deserve to be on the losing side but c'est la vie.

All that separated the sides that solitary free missed by Tommy O Reilly and Matthew Ruane's opportunity.

2 guilt edged chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

Mid West could do with throwing a shot of oil on the hinges of that door!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hard luck Parlance, I thought at HT it was over for us, ye looked dominant and Ruane was playing great stuff. That missed free was vital. I know it’s not fair to pick out one player but Hennelly really let us off the hook today at a stage where we were struggling to get possession, those two balls out over the sideline just gave us the momentum to get ahead.

Darren McHale my MOTM, those couple of points after HT were brilliant. Our tackling was top class as well, thought David McHale had a great game on O’Shea. Langan made a difference when he came on too, really threw himself around the place.

Orme and Naughton are two outstanding forwards, both county standard IMO

Great to be back at the top, I was involved in 96 & 97, you think at time that it’ll always be like that. As a club the expectation was that we’d win every 3/4 years. Hopefully that kinda arrogance comes back, it helped us beat Charlestown in ‘92 and Kiltimagh in ‘97

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The 3 lads on mid west talking over each other was annoying as hell.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hard luck Parlance, I thought at HT it was over for us, ye looked dominant and Ruane was playing great stuff. That missed free was vital. I know it’s not fair to pick out one player but Hennelly really let us off the hook today at a stage where we were struggling to get possession, those two balls out over the sideline just gave us the momentum to get ahead.

Darren McHale my MOTM, those couple of points after HT were brilliant. Our tackling was top class as well, thought David McHale had a great game on O’Shea. Langan made a difference when he came on too, really threw himself around the place.

Orme and Naughton are two outstanding forwards, both county standard IMO

Great to be back at the top, I was involved in 96 & 97, you think at time that it’ll always be like that. As a club the expectation was that we’d win every 3/4 years. Hopefully that kinda arrogance comes back, it helped us beat Charlestown in ‘92 and Kiltimagh in ‘97

Congrats Green&Red.

There'll be some celebrations in the parish of the backs.

Orme is definitely county standard too. Unfair to single lads out but Connell Dempsey is another unsung hero.The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

The Mc Hales and the Rutledges..

I was perplexed that Breaffy were favourites to win on the basis of what had passed previously in the championship.

This Knockmore team has oodles of talent and has the potential to dominate for several years.They play a lovely brand of football.

Really feel for Breaffy and by extension Parlance.

That quest for their first county title goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Agreed on the style of football, they move it so quickly, lots of foot passes and yet still have the double sweeper

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Unfortunately Breaffy are far too reliant on the O Sheas and a few others.Lacking in depth.

Surely inevitable for a club of their size? Will they even be a senior team post the O'Shea era?

• Advertisement

Surely inevitable for a club of their size? Will they even be a senior team post the O'Shea era?

Might be a bit early to be thinking about that. Aidan is just gone 30, Robbie 30, Conor 26, Matthew Ruane 22/23... there's still a few years there at Club level. I can't see Seamus going for much longer though, his body has been put through a lot at 34.

While it's a small village, the numbers are there to ensure a fairly decent flow into the future. 430 odd students in the national school makes it the second biggest in the County afaik, a couple of other smaller national schools on the Ballyheane side also feeding into the club... there are about 40 boys at U6's for e.g. That has been the case for some time now so I think the Club is in a strong enough standing.

Certainly unrecognisable from when I played underage where you could be playing up 2 or 3 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement