Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The judgement is not being appealed. The 3 defendants will now face a civil suit. The civil suit will hit their pockets hard

I'd say them pockets are deep.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How can one of them be found guilty for 2offences and still get a suspended sentence.
    Scandalous result!

Ah In fairness nobody would have gone to prison for this offence, unless they were already out on license. In the grand scheme we can’t imprison every scum bag that gets into a fight on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

salmocab wrote: »
    Ah In fairness nobody would have gone to prison for this offence, unless they were already out on license. In the grand scheme we can’t imprison every scum bag that gets into a fight on a Saturday night.

Imprison some percentage and the fight frequency should drop. And, make an example of these high-profile goons, that'll send a message.

Ireland is way too easygoing on its criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The judgement is not being appealed. The 3 defendants will now face a civil suit. The civil suit will hit their pockets hard

It was mentioned on Virgin Media news that the verdict was going to be appealed.

The newly elected councillor isn't going to step down from the policing committee either.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

seligehgit wrote: »
    It was mentioned on Virgin Media news that the verdict was going to be appealed.

The newly elected councillor isn't going to step down from the policing committee either.

Not arguing with you but on rte they reported the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

That's true but every scumbag isn't supposed to include Councillors who are on policing committees. If Kerry CoCo allow him to keep that position, it'll be an utter disgrace.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Imprison some percentage and the fight frequency should drop. And, make an example of these high-profile goons, that'll send a message.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dara-murphy-paid-10000-month-21028024

I wonder what this chaps opinion of the matter is?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jackie Jr has a fair thick looking head on him, he didn't seem to be too upset about having a conviction to his name now.

Hope the injured party will get some compensation for the assault he suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

A fair bit of in-breeding in that family by the looks of them

BarryD2 wrote: »
    That's true but every scumbag isn't supposed to include Councillors who are on policing committees. If Kerry CoCo allow him to keep that position, it'll be an utter disgrace.

No it shouldn’t include them as I’d expect better of public representatives, however a court can’t start treating people differently because of who they are. The council certainly shouldn’t have him on the committee but I’ve no doubt that they all just fall into line with the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

A fair bit of in-breeding in that family by the looks of them

yeah, sure it would have kept the price of dating down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Was Wharton's chipper being banished out the road to Templenoe anything as a result of this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/man-given-suspended-sentence-for-racially-abusing-and-attacking-taxi-driver-1.4107205

Good day for suspended sentences for the Kingdom brethren. Lets hope their lenient sentences will change their ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The most shocking consequence of the whole incident is the that the visiting injured party's relations according to the Virgin Media report no longer feel comfortable in the locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

seligehgit wrote: »
    The most shocking consequence of the whole incident is the that the visiting injured party's relations according to the Virgin Media report no longer feel comfortable in the locality.

what a greek tragedy!

BarryD2 wrote: »

Cue self-pitying rant from Mikey:

"Listen to me now a minute, 'tis the meeja looking down on rural Ireland. And Shane Ross trying to put us out of business..."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any chance the cctv footage will be made public?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Igotadose wrote: »

Surely everyone should be equal before the law? Cuts both ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I see the two got away with it, probably cheered on by the locals

So it’s ok in Kerry now to beat up tourist, 3 v 1 the chickens, lie in court, perjure yourself on the stand, and walk out if court

Probably out on campaign trail tomorrow and everyone slapping them on the back

fryup wrote: »
    any chance the cctv footage will be made public?

Don’t worry the Garda will have made sure daddy will have all copies of tgat

• Advertisement

3 v 1.... other scumbags do it when they see this scumbags get away with it

It sends a message to everyone else....they did it, the court said it, they came up with a bunch of lies and get a mini slap on wrist....absolute joke....judges are f**king useless in this country

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    3 v 1.... other scumbags do it when they see this scumbags get away with it

It sends a message to everyone else....they did it, the court said it, they came up with a bunch of lies and get a mini slap on wrist....absolute joke....judges are f**king useless in this country

Look I’m not standing up for them as it’s obvious to me that are contemptible human beings but what’s happened here is really people want a different outcome based on who they are, a lot of the same people are effectively thinking they got away with it based on who they are. They didn’t get away with it and got what any other scum bags fighting in a Saturday night would have got.

Look I’m not standing up for them as it’s obvious to me that are contemptible human beings but what’s happened here is really people want a different outcome based on who they are, a lot of the same people are effectively thinking they got away with it based on who they are. They didn’t get away with it and got what any other scum bags fighting in a Saturday night would have got.

Most scum admit it so they get a reduced sentence, these scum lied at every point in this case and show no remorse, people saying they want to appeal

That sort of scum should be thrown in jail....

Yes I agree if they done it, admit it and offer something in remorse then no jail, would even question court time if first offence

But this is different so the scum should be in jail....says a lot for the parents by the time this is the children they bring up....I never agree with the “ahh the parents are lovely” crap....They even used the excuse of “who they are” for why they are scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

It wasn't licked off a stone

The screwing of the GAA club was done when underage so would have had to be done through parents btw (I'd imagine). Even if they didn't have to consent to anything, I know myself that if I tried to pull and stunt like that when I was that age I'd have be beat out of the place.

Is there a back story, has there been some trouble between these guys in the past,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

They broke this guy's nose, among other facial injuries, went back for seconds, expressed no remorse, lied about in statements and in court, from what I read, plead not guilty, despite incontrovertible CCTV evidence, are appealing (on what grounds, I dunno) and the councillor has no Intention of resigning and intends to keep his job on the policing committee (according to the solicitor).

And these were lads who were given everything in life (private boarding school costing thousands a year etc etc, for all the good it did).

Brass neck sense of entitlement does not begin to describe these two ****heads.

And they'll go back to work and be elected like they were the ones desperately wronged.

Something very off about all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Plastik wrote: »
    Was Wharton's chipper being banished out the road to Templenoe anything as a result of this case?

Nope

There's no clocking out procedures but none of the papers have alleged that he was basically just 'tapping the fob'.

Deputy Murphy appears to have achieved some kind of scientific breakthrough regarding one of time travel, bilocation or going faster than light!

It appears the former Deputy is in line for another windfall from the public purse in addition to the half a million he is already entitled to for doing nothing.

This lad is tearing the hole out of it altogether. Fine Gael have no shame, no morals and no ethics.

None.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/dara-murphy-eligible-for-24k-council-gratuity-969488.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

They broke this guy's nose, among other facial injuries, went back for seconds, expressed no remorse, lied about in statements and in court, from what I read, plead not guilty, despite incontrovertible CCTV evidence, are appealing (on what grounds, I dunno) and the councillor has no Intention of resigning and intends to keep his job on the policing committee (according to the solicitor).

And these were lads who were given everything in life (private boarding school costing thousands a year etc etc, for all the good it did).

Brass neck sense of entitlement does not begin to describe these two ****heads.

And they'll go back to work and be elected like they were the ones desperately wronged.

Something very off about all that.

and you can be sure they will continue to top the poll in whatever 'election' they enter thanks to good people of South Kerry- mucksavages.

• Advertisement

and you can be sure they will continue to top the poll in whatever 'election' they enter thanks to good people of South Kerry- mucksavages.

Neither of the two of them ever ran for election in south Kerry.

Advertisement