Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-02-2019, 10:45   #16
keeffo2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerLily View Post
Are you the owner?
yeah, he hasnt been in that long yet, it just seems very odd to pay a deposit and rent and then only stay one night. He said he is staying in his girlfriends
Advertisement
11-02-2019, 11:02   #17
Bandana boy

Sounds like the perfect tenant !

I would not worry to much yet 3 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of developing a new routine .
I suspect that over time he will fall into a routine that uses the house a bit more .
11-02-2019, 11:06   #18
mikemac2

Seeing as it’s near impossible to line up moving out date to move in date there will often be 1-2 weeks paying rent on 2 places. I’ve had a landlady asking me why I was never around and was I cancelling the move, well I was paid up in the old place and in no rush

I think next month he’ll be around more often when things are more settled and he gets into a routine

Until then you have the dream lodger
11-02-2019, 11:10   #19
keeffo2005

Thanks for the replies

Maybe i am getting a bit anxious as to why he hasn't properly moved in. Could be totally genuine.

I'll see whats it like in a month or 2 whether or not i should be worried.
Thanks from:
12-02-2019, 00:26   #20
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeffo2005 View Post
So recently a new housemate moved in. In the house about 3 weeks and has only slept there once. He has other things going on and see his kids regular enough. Strange thing is, he took a week to move his stuff, comes and goes for about 5 mins and only slept in the house once. He says he stays mainly with his girlfriend, would anyone else find this strange? No food or shower items in the house.
Has a new place, has stuff in new place. Is slowly adding stuff to new place so the girlfriend doesn't see sudden change in the amount of stuff he has in the house.

I'm thinking that he's planning on splitting up with his girlfriend?
Advertisement
14-02-2019, 22:06   #21
AndrewJRenko

I still remember the plastic bag scene vividly.
Thanks from:
15-02-2019, 00:52   #22
Klonker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeffo2005
Thats what i am thinking, i am charging 550 plus gas and electricity, so it could work out at close to 600 a month

You're going to charge him €50 a month for gas and electricity and he's hardly been in the place?!
15-02-2019, 01:04   #23

He’s probably going to bump you off and assume your identity. You heard it here first!:-)
Thanks from:
15-02-2019, 07:12   #24
mad m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonker View Post
You're going to charge him €50 a month for gas and electricity and he's hardly been in the place?!
If you never use gas there is still a standing charge on meter. It’s new tenants problem if he doesn’t use it. I’m sure it was agreed before hand.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-02-2019, 08:28   #25
L1011

Standing charge is about 7 a month, for the entire house though
Thanks from:
15-02-2019, 08:31   #26
Att vara en hest

it was the same last time I moved, I still had my old place and a lot of food there.. Rather than moving everything over right away I moved some stuff and then stayed in my old apartment until I had finished all the food (there was a 3 week period where I had access to both my new and old place) and then moved.

My new flat mate did react similar to you and asked why I was never around and why I hadn't brought any food yet.

Don't worry about it, as long as s/he pays and doesn't do anything illegal I don't see why you should care. Renting a room/apartment does not mean you must live there, my friend has a house in the country side but also rents a room in city center.. He's rarely there but sometimes if he's working late he will stay the night, I imagine his flat mates might be confused about this as well if he didn't explain it to them (and why would he have to?)
15-02-2019, 09:37   #27
cruizer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Standing charge is about 7 a month, for the entire house though
Doesn't really matter if it was agreed before hand though that the bills would be that.
Whatever about electricity the apartment still costs the same to heat with one or two people so op shouldn't be out of pocket just because the tenant doesn't want to use that heated space.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion