Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-09-2018, 07:58   #61
Wkahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
We paid a 5000 euro booking deposit , bank transfer.

Contracts were signed within 21 days ( for the white goods) don’t know if this is still the case

We still haven’t got our keys, we’re waiting about 8 months and counting.

There’s a crèche on the actual site, there’s a primary school in the area and they’re building a new secondary school
Sorry to hear about that. I know it must be frustrating to wait this long. Have the developers given a new move in date?
Advertisement
03-09-2018, 08:12   #62
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkahmed View Post
Sorry to hear about that. I know it must be frustrating to wait this long. Have the developers given a new move in date?

Very frustrating, nope, no move in date, we wore originally told in around July August, so I’m hoping it will be this month sometime
03-09-2018, 20:40   #63
Wkahmed

Quote:
Very frustrating, nope, no move in date, we wore originally told in around July August, so I’m hoping it will be this month sometime
Fingers crossed!

I am a Dubliner as well and was also hoping to get insights on travelling to work. What do you plan to use as your mode of transport? I read previously in the forun that it takes in excess of an hour and a half to travel to city centre!
03-09-2018, 20:55   #64
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkahmed View Post
Fingers crossed!

I am a Dubliner as well and was also hoping to get insights on travelling to work. What do you plan to use as your mode of transport? I read previously in the forun that it takes in excess of an hour and a half to travel to city centre!
I will be using the train, it’s less than 1km from the house, and it takes 40-45 mins to Dublin’s city Centre, so convenient
04-09-2018, 10:29   #65
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoyes View Post
hi, to all buying in this estate, please be warned that the new part is not cabled for fibre broadband, and there is no plan in place for it to be done as its a big job. Also please be warned of multiple plumbing issues in the first part of the new phase which include bathrooms needing re-tiling due to leaks and in another house the hot water tank/cylinder burst withing a couple of months....
Hi, how do you know all this information, and what do mean by “new part”
Advertisement
04-09-2018, 13:35   #66
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodaw View Post
Olgrange has been there almost 15 years and there were some uncompleted homes it the estate. When prices start going back up these homes were completed and i think some new homes built.

They have continued pushing prices up and the Glades are a new phases of the development.

I am not sure who the developer is but i would imagine the existing developer is not the original developer, which may affect build quality. It would be pretty big if they do not have fast infrastructure in place. The rest of the site was sold off and this is where the glades is being developed. When the original eircom infrastructure they would not have put in lines where the glades is, since it would have been waste ground at that time

The developer of Brocan and Ferns Bridge has been in the area a long time and continued through the bust.

Who is maintaining the grass, landscapes and lighting in oldgrange?

I cannot see any reference to high speed internet in the adverts for the home but i can see one glaring error. It says these are Natural Gas heated?

Brocan have a costly heat pump system costing the guts of 10K included. I cannot see how the oldgrange homes are Natural Gas, more like LPG which is costly to run if true.
No it’s not the original developer. In the advertisement for the house I bought it says the house is fitted for highspeed internet , and they will be ran from natural gas, brocan wood has heated floors, but no radiators down stairs, only upstairs. In regards to who’s maintaining the area I don’t know, I would presume it’s the council , although not really sure.
04-09-2018, 13:48   #67
line_of_fire

Hi guys,

Haven't been here in a while just caught up on all your posts now. Meeting Laurie this evening to discuss kitchen so that will be interesting. I see some were asking about couches, I actually got the double doors removed from kitchen to sitting room so plan on putting a corner couch in there. No idea when I will be in by but hoping it will be December for draw down of mortgage.
04-09-2018, 13:52   #68
jodaw

At a guess i would say LPG and not Natural Gas. There are very few homes if any connected to Natural Gas in Monasterevin. So the would mean a bulk gas tank is filled by Calor Gas and then distributed to the homes.

It is about x2 times the cost of Natural Gas.

If they have LPG and they are advertising Natural Gas then it is false advertising on behalf of the agent. LPG would affect my own choice on purchasing and house or not so if may affect future values of these homes.
04-09-2018, 13:58   #69
jodaw

Quote:
No it’s not the original developer. In the advertisement for the house I bought it says the house is fitted for highspeed internet , and they will be ran from natural gas, brocan wood has heated floors, but no radiators down stairs, only upstairs. In regards to who’s maintaining the area I don’t know, I would presume it’s the council , although not really sure.
Yes brocan has underfloor heating combined with and hitachi heat pump system downstairs, which frees up wall space

versus oldgrange

LPG? and rads with is bog basic and costly to run

I would not think the council are maintaining the estate so that would mean management fees to be paid in future, but i am sure this would be disclosed if purchasing there?

Last edited by jodaw; 04-09-2018 at 14:02.
Advertisement
04-09-2018, 18:40   #70
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by line_of_fire View Post
Hi guys,

Haven't been here in a while just caught up on all your posts now. Meeting Laurie this evening to discuss kitchen so that will be interesting. I see some were asking about couches, I actually got the double doors removed from kitchen to sitting room so plan on putting a corner couch in there. No idea when I will be in by but hoping it will be December for draw down of mortgage.
How did you get on today? I bet you picked the shaker grey kitchen, I think 90% have lol, yeah we’d have loving an L sofa but opted for a big spongey 2 seater and 3 seater, our funds are ready to go, just waiting on them to finish snags, bummer
04-09-2018, 18:41   #71
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodaw View Post
At a guess i would say LPG and not Natural Gas. There are very few homes if any connected to Natural Gas in Monasterevin. So the would mean a bulk gas tank is filled by Calor Gas and then distributed to the homes.

It is about x2 times the cost of Natural Gas.

If they have LPG and they are advertising Natural Gas then it is false advertising on behalf of the
agent. LPG would affect my own choice on purchasing and house or not so if may affect future values of these homes.
They told us natural gas, repeatedly, if it’s not natural gas it’s false advertising and I certainly won’t be the only one who’s not happy, but that’s what we’re told so who are we to argue
04-09-2018, 19:58   #72
line_of_fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15
How did you get on today? I bet you picked the shaker grey kitchen, I think 90% have lol, yeah we’d have loving an L sofa but opted for a big spongey 2 seater and 3 seater, our funds are ready to go, just waiting on them to finish snags, bummer
Ha ha yep shaker grey for the win!!! It will be December before I am in which gives me more time to get more saving together. Did ye guys make any changes to the kitchen. Giving me options is dangerous!!
04-09-2018, 20:07   #73
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by line_of_fire View Post
Ha ha yep shaker grey for the win!!! It will be December before I am in which gives me more time to get more saving together. Did ye guys make any changes to the kitchen. Giving me options is dangerous!!
It’s a nice colour and style , no we didnt, we wore pretty happy with the kitchen as standard, i see a few people got islands in the kitchen, it’s an extra cost but it’s nice, yeah we’re still saving, every penny counts
04-09-2018, 20:32   #74
jodaw

Quote:
They told us natural gas, repeatedly, if it’s not natural gas it’s false advertising and I certainly won’t be the only one who’s not happy, but that’s what we’re told so who are we to argue
I am not sure the agent knows what is natural gas and what is LPG, or thinks the are one in the same. I have for certain seen him advertise another property as Natural Gas that is 100% LPG

There are very few (if any) homes in Monasterevin with natural gas. I know there is a pipeline in or close to town but i am not sure if there are any residential connections to it.

I would bring it up with the agent to be 100% sure and would be pissed if he is lying
Thanks from:
04-09-2018, 21:04   #75
Grali87

Quote:
It’s a nice colour and style , no we didnt, we wore pretty happy with the kitchen as standard, i see a few people got islands in the kitchen, it’s an extra cost but it’s nice, yeah we’re still saving, every penny counts
Oh delighted others are doing this, I wanna get an island wasn't sure how that would go down.

I'm between the integrated fridge and getting a freestanding one and just having a framed slot for it included.

Couch wise I have a 3 seater from my old flat and I'll see once I'm in how that looks. I will be very sparse on the furniture for a long, few hand me downs be grand!!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion