Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-07-2018, 14:39   #16
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi1111 View Post
Thanks for that :-) yes we've bought in the new phase the houses are fab aren't they just hope everything goes smoothly from here on in :-)
No problem, it will, the girl who you’ll be dealing with is Laurie , she’s real nice
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2018, 23:40   #17
Aaron15

Just wondering has anyone got home insurance yet? If so who have you gone with, and at what stage?
26-07-2018, 15:23   #18
judarvin

I got the home insurance with the bank, the only thing that delayed it a bit was to get the valuation report done. I was not sure about the stage I should do it so waited until snag completed and all that but you can probably do it earlier. 
But what delayed me the most was the life insurance, I had it all prepared months ago but since the house was not ready it expired. So I had to fill in health forms again and waited a few more days to have it reviewed and policy created.
27-07-2018, 10:29   #19
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by judarvin View Post
I got the home insurance with the bank, the only thing that delayed it a bit was to get the valuation report done. I was not sure about the stage I should do it so waited until snag completed and all that but you can probably do it earlier. 
But what delayed me the most was the life insurance, I had it all prepared months ago but since the house was not ready it expired. So I had to fill in health forms again and waited a few more days to have it reviewed and policy created.

We wore thinking of going with the bank as well , BOI, just to make things run smoothly , don’t know to get life assurance or mortgage protection tho, so many things to tie up before moving , seems like a never ending process
29-07-2018, 23:23   #20
Aaron15

Not long now we hope, this was how it looked today
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 62692F6C-ED94-49FF-8FCB-8A7F30FD0CBB.jpeg (282.5 KB, 107 views)
Advertisement
29-07-2018, 23:37   #21
line_of_fire

Hey neighbours. I have bought there too. Hoping to get contracts signed this week. Need to start moving on life and house insurance i guess!!!
29-07-2018, 23:41   #22
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by line_of_fire View Post
Hey neighbours. I have bought there too. Hoping to get contracts signed this week. Need to start moving on life and house insurance i guess!!!
Congratulations, hope everything runs as smoothly as possible for you , are you from the area yourself?
29-07-2018, 23:47   #23
line_of_fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
Congratulations, hope everything runs as smoothly as possible for you , are you from the area yourself?
Im from the far side of clane but a kildare girl. Work in naas but price of houses there are riduculous. Really liked these houses and estate seems lovely. I know electrications are going into mine tomorrow as i was in touch for few extra bits. All very real.
30-07-2018, 00:00   #24
Aaron15

Quote:
Im from the far side of clane but a kildare girl. Work in naas but price of houses there are riduculous. Really liked these houses and estate seems lovely. I know electrications are going into mine tomorrow as i was in touch for few extra bits. All very real.
Not too far from Naas, yeah the houses are really nice, 3 floors as well, which is a nice little bonus, they they say when yours would be finished?
Advertisement
30-07-2018, 00:04   #25
line_of_fire

Quote:
Not too far from Naas, yeah the houses are really nice, 3 floors as well, which is a nice little bonus, they they say when yours would be finished?
I have taken one without attic conversion as buying in my own so need to keep cost down. Hopefully do it myself down the line but floors and furniture will be first 😂😂. Haven't got a date yet but hoping Nov, What bout you? Any date?
30-07-2018, 08:55   #26
line_of_fire

Also just heads up. I was told when viewed old show house that there would be no chimney or false chimney breast in sitting room but builder has since changed his mind. False chimney breast is now going in as standard in new phase so if you dont want it get in touch with builder
30-07-2018, 10:41   #27
Aaron15

Quote:
I have taken one without attic conversion as buying in my own so need to keep cost down. Hopefully do it myself down the line but floors and furniture will be first 😂😂. Haven't got a date yet but hoping Nov, What bout you? Any date?
We bought in the previous phase, so ours should be ready in the next 4-5 weeks hopefully. Your attic is semi converted tho isn’t it? It has a stairs up to it and a door leading in? , yeah we had the breast walk put in, looks weird having a flat wall I think lol
30-07-2018, 10:44   #28
line_of_fire

Quote:
We bought in the previous phase, so ours should be ready in the next 4-5 weeks hopefully. Your attic is semi converted tho isn’t it? It has a stairs up to it and a door leading in? , yeah we had the breast walk put in, looks weird having a flat wall I think lol

Nope i opted for the one without the stairs cos it was 6k more expensive and had already gone up between phases so cant afford it at the min. Oh i want the flat wall more space but thats the beauty of having the option. everyone wins.
30-07-2018, 11:06   #29
Aaron15

Quote:
Nope i opted for the one without the stairs cos it was 6k more expensive and had already gone up between phases so cant afford it at the min. Oh i want the flat wall more space but thats the beauty of having the option. everyone wins.
Oh really, we didn’t have the option for the stairs, it was standard, that’s it, there’s a lot of options, if you’ve any questions about anything you’re unsure of don’t hesitate to ask, I’m sure one of us in here can help
30-07-2018, 11:13   #30
line_of_fire

Quote:
Oh really, we didn’t have the option for the stairs, it was standard, that’s it, there’s a lot of options, if you’ve any questions about anything you’re unsure of don’t hesitate to ask, I’m sure one of us in here can help
Im raging i missed out on previous phase as now the houses have increased in price and not turn key finish but such is life. Still a lot cheaper than in naas. My house will basically just be shell with kitchen and wardrobes when i get it and will just tip away at it room by room

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion