Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2019, 12:01   #721
barry1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by resident_1 View Post
86 underground car spaces for Shackleton Hall. More on street parking along the Crescent, including more visitor spots.

Visitor spots across the estate - yes there needs to be more. An over flow car park would be ideal. Paul/Barry do something proactive and approach the management company or residents committee?

Roughly a 12 - 15 minute walk to the 25a bus stop (Merrion Square) on the new road through the Paddocks. Probably closer than going to the village.

Hopefully as demand increases within the SDZ public transport will. Paul/Barry have you approached any local councillors or TD's with your concerns? At least the foundations are in place with the train and bus. Regarding the train, I know 3 neighbours that use it daily. It is a busy line at peak time. It was full leaving Heuston around 1640 last week.

The mentality to try drag your own estate down on a public forum based on some concerns is beyond me. Barry stated every tenant relying on part V will be on social welfare. More nonsense talk. Paul/Barry have you spoken to a credible source regarding how the Part V apartments will affect the value of your home?
86 car spaces for 60 families...you have said all that needs to be said. Most families have 2 cars these days and when their kids grow older you can add another car to that. Then you invite friends over...where are they to park??? You think 86 spaces and some on street spaces which will probably be used up by other visitors is enough. The place will be bedlam.

The residents in shackelton are lovely people but we shouldnt sit back and allow it to be destroyed by greedy developers who want to maximise profits. Look at any other settled estate in lucan, it has ample parking, roads big enough for 2 cars to pass, green spaces for kids to play, foothpaths that people can walk on as cars arent parked on them. Small kids should play on green areas very near their home, not on the road like it is now nor should they have to walk 5 minutes to this fantasic park that we are promised which hasnt even been started yet
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-02-2019, 10:36   #722
xalot

Have to come back on what a couple of other posters have said.

Firstly, the 25 is very infrequent (though apparently that will change in the coming months) and if you drive by you will see there is a bus stop area marked at the very entrance of the estate. I often walk down to the Mcdonalds or the Tesco flyover to get the express buses from Maynooth which fly in. The walk is 13 mins from well into the estate to the bus stop at a reasonable rate, which is fine by me as the buses are far more frequent. I'd rather walk the extra half an hour a day for a direct route then spend that time and more meandering through estates on a bus stopping every 2 minutes (25a/b for example).

Traffic in the immediate area is fine but once you get to Newcastle Road it's a disaster.

My son is in Adamstown Educate Together and it's fantastic, he's absolutely thriving there. I have no complaints at all nor have I heard anything negative from other parents in the area.

The estate is very quiet, newly part of a neighbourhood watch with very active residents. I'm very happy with our decision to move to the estate.

The social housing is a concern for me, of course it is but any new estate in this climate is going to have social housing. The best way to counteract any issues is to be very active and try nip them in the bud.

Who knows how long the park will take to happen, if it ever will but they're working on the external area to the front of the apartments now and I'm surprised at how big the green area will be is (half of which will be a playground according to the plans).
Thanks from:
18-02-2019, 14:34   #723
Tryingtobuy

Hi I was looking to buy a 4 bed in Shackleton last year for 380k. Saw at the weekend 4 bed now 395k. There aren’t any properties on the price registers for 380k. Anyone know what’s happening. How are they asking for more if not getting the price ? Do people haggle the price for new builds I assumed you took the price the developer is asking. Thanks
18-02-2019, 14:37   #724
RobbieTheRobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtobuy View Post
Hi I was looking to buy a 4 bed in Shackleton last year for 380k. Saw at the weekend 4 bed now 395k. There aren’t any properties on the price registers for 380k. Anyone know what’s happening. How are they asking for more if not getting the price ? Do people haggle the price for new builds I assumed you took the price the developer is asking. Thanks
https://www.propertypriceregister.ie...ge/ppr-home-en
If the property is a new property, the price shown should be exclusive of VAT at 13.5%.
Thanks from:
18-02-2019, 15:02   #725
xalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtobuy View Post
There are 33 properties listed as sold for over 380k there (some as 379,999 but we wont argue over that). Not sure if they're inclusive or exclusive of VAT. They're getting the asking price.
Advertisement
19-02-2019, 21:55   #726
Daisy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman2010 View Post
I have to say the recent posts above are very worrying! I’m honest I also thought that Resident_1 sounded like a cairns brouchure...

Does the 25a bus go from Lucan village? Seems shocking that there is no regular bus service from the new estate yet. Once an hour is not regular enough.

I myself was hoping to get public transport into town for work. My plan was to get a train into Pearse station.. Be interested to hear how people are managing to get into town via public transport on a daily basis.

Anyways as of now I’ve only paid a deposit! Plenty of thinking to do...
Currently I'm getting the train to Connolly for work. They run fairly regular from Adamstown but getting a seat can be difficult. Bus isn't really an option at the moment. Aside from that I love my house and the estate and I think things will only get better as the development grows, I would expect to see more amenities like a local shop in a year or two.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion