Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-02-2019, 00:38   #2296
Maxed-irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJFT View Post
Hi. I need a bit of help. Myself & husband applying for HTB. We're just waiting on Form 12/P21 to be processed for 2018 which they said they'll have done by next week.

When this is done will I then be confirmed as having membership confirmation? When i log in i get a message that my husband is 'awaiting membership confirmation' and when he logs in he gets the same message about me...

I just want to get this moving and its fustrating. Thanks for any help..
I rang revenue and the lady that helped me on the phone sent an email and by the end of the day I was approved
Advertisement
11-02-2019, 18:54   #2297
New_home_2018

Myself and my partner have put a booking deposit on a house. We are getting a gift from his parents. Our solicitor says that for me to avoid a tax bill the title should be in his name as we are not married. The bank are changing the title deeds to my partner and my name will remain on the mortgage itself.

1)should we put both our names on the help to buy application or just my partners?
2)10% is due next week. We have paid the booking deposit. Do we need the help to buy next week or can we provide it when the contracts close? We have sufficient cash available now to cover the 10%

Thanks
11-02-2019, 19:08   #2298
GingerLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_home_2018 View Post
Myself and my partner have put a booking deposit on a house. We are getting a gift from his parents. Our solicitor says that for me to avoid a tax bill the title should be in his name as we are not married. The bank are changing the title deeds to my partner and my name will remain on the mortgage itself.

1)should we put both our names on the help to buy application or just my partners?
2)10% is due next week. We have paid the booking deposit. Do we need the help to buy next week or can we provide it when the contracts close? We have sufficient cash available now to cover the 10%

Thanks
You can use the HTB for paying the balance, if you don't need it at contracts signing then it's easier to leave it until closing.

I've no idea about the gift though, is he able to buy the house by himself? Full deposit, HTB and mortgage approval? If not then you have to have a joint application.
11-02-2019, 19:11   #2299
New_home_2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerLily View Post
You can use the HTB for paying the balance, if you don't need it at contracts signing then it's easier to leave it until closing.

I've no idea about the gift though, is he able to buy the house by himself? Full deposit, HTB and mortgage approval? If not then you have to have a joint application.

Thanks. No he can't buy it by himself. Will there be any issues with the revenue as his name will be the one on the title and not both names? Or are they just concerned with the mortgage approval?
11-02-2019, 19:14   #2300
GingerLily

Quote:
Thanks. No he can't buy it by himself. Will there be any issues with the revenue as his name will be the one on the title and not both names? Or are they just concerned with the mortgage approval?
If he can't buy it by himself then how is the title going to be in his only name?

Are you planning on being on the mortgage?
Advertisement
11-02-2019, 19:18   #2301
New_home_2018

Quote:
If he can't buy it by himself then how is the title going to be in his only name?

Are you planning on being on the mortgage?
Yes. Apparently it's quite common with unmarried couples. It'll change to my name on the title when we're married

Last edited by New_home_2018; 11-02-2019 at 19:20. Reason: New info
11-02-2019, 19:21   #2302
GingerLily

Quote:
l
Yes. Apparently it's quite common with unmarried couples. It'll change to my name on the title when we're married
You are going to be on the mortgage but not on the title?

I think you need independent legal advice
11-02-2019, 19:23   #2303
New_home_2018

Quote:

Yes. This is what we were told by our solicitor. Just until we're married
11-02-2019, 19:24   #2304
GingerLily

Quote:
Quote:

Yes. This is what we were told by our solicitor. Just until we're married
Talk to another solicitor, independently, this doesn't sound right
Advertisement
12-02-2019, 10:22   #2305
andydurnin

Hi. Dose anyone have a number for revenue for Help to Buy as I am in the middle of my application and the builders company said they only got half the money. Dose anyone know why this has happened?
13-02-2019, 16:59   #2306
axlmac

Hi all. Thanks for all the tips so far. I submitted my application ~1.5 weeks ago. Both my partner and I are showing as 'Under Review' ... 'Awaiting partner confirmation of group'. We've both confirmed the group - and having called Revenue - were told we were in a queue until we're processed (although they didn't specify how long it would take)

Just wondering if anyone else has a view of how long it took them? Conscious time of year, volume of applications in system may have an impact.

Thanks in advance.
13-02-2019, 21:49   #2307
simons104

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlmac View Post
Hi all. Thanks for all the tips so far. I submitted my application ~1.5 weeks ago. Both my partner and I are showing as 'Under Review' ... 'Awaiting partner confirmation of group'. We've both confirmed the group - and having called Revenue - were told we were in a queue until we're processed (although they didn't specify how long it would take)

Just wondering if anyone else has a view of how long it took them? Conscious time of year, volume of applications in system may have an impact.

Thanks in advance.
About 3 days though was in October
Thanks from:
14-02-2019, 09:47   #2308
swarmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlmac View Post

Thanks in advance.
The current wait is 4 - 6 weeks. I have the same showing up on mine and my partners. They were able to tell me my 2018 year was under review because my employer had not filed their P35 return with revenue. They have until the 23rd of Feb to do this so will have an impact on the time of turnaround if not filed.
Thanks from:
14-02-2019, 12:37   #2309
axlmac

Thanks Swarmberg. When did you submit and who gave you the rough timeline?

Sounds like Revenue have at least done an initial review of your application which is good news. When I called they said I was just in a queue and she couldn't tell me more - which is fair enough. However my concern was that they weren't too prescriptive re duration to get reviewed / processed. Anyone else had to delay going to full loan offer because of this?
14-02-2019, 17:04   #2310
masterboy123

I have HTB scheme approved for 20k, but this will expire in March 2019.

It looks like we will get signed contracts after expiry of HTB. There is no option to extend it through the online revenue account.

Does anyone know how long does it take to re-apply once it expires?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion