Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ian OB wrote: »
    Just out of idle curiosity, is it considered bad form to take such a watch & fire a quartz movement into it so that you end up with an old looking watch that has some character to it on your wrist but actually tells the time?
    It's considered a bit bad form alright. I suppose it depends on the donor watch. Something with a known name and repairable movement not so good, something fairly off the radar and cheap no so much an issue. That said if you buy a watch it's yours to do with it as you like. You can run into problems with the original hands as quartz movements don't have as much torque to drive heavier hands more likely seen on mechanical watches. If the watch originally had a date that's an even bigger issue as the date window on the quartz movement won't line up with the vintage dial.

I would say the biggest(no pun) problem with vintage watches is their size. They are smaller, often much smaller than modern watches. One might look great in a photo, but when you put it on your wrist will probably be too small.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

WTB Tudor BB58 deployant buckle (18mm) with or without 20mm strap. Anything considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

david wrote: »
    WTB Tudor BB58 deployant buckle (18mm) with or without 20mm strap. Anything considered!

I'm still waiting on the Tudor Nato for mine. I'll give you a shout when it arrives to see if you're still interested. Is yours black or blue?

Sound! I’ve the black - what strap do you have? Can I ask did you order the nato through the AD?

Looking at a fitted rubber band to switch it up for the Summer. I understand the Vanguard one works with the standards clasp you get with the tan leather strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Rolex Root beer https://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-gmt-master-ii-root-beer/23727424

Priced well, Full set.

Another watch has made itself known to me and I am going to liquidate this one. Viewing highly recommended this is a watch needs to be seen

• Advertisement

Fitz II wrote: »
    Rolex Root beer https://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-gmt-master-ii-root-beer/23727424

Priced well, Full set.

Another watch has made itself known to me and I am going to liquidate this one. Viewing highly recommended this is a watch need to be seen

Beautiful - I think this is my favourite modern Rolex by a fair margin. Do you deal in kidneys or just dental implants? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a Tudor NATO that's looking for a home if Tudor straps are the flavour of the day?
    I picked it up here and it's only been on my watch once.

https://redd.it/mlfh9f

Obviously it will be offered here for what I paid ;)
    €100 in really great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,769 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Rootbeer is the nicest and most manly of all the GMT II imho. This watch is on the way up. GLWS.

unkel wrote: »
    Rootbeer is the nicest and most manly of all the GMT II imho. This watch is on the way up. GLWS.

If I get stuck with it for a while it surely wont be the worst thing in the world, nicest GMT i have owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I had this sold on adverts but the buyer backed out. I’m putting a price or 300 euro on it which seems like good value considering what’s included.

Offering my Seiko SKX007 mod for sale. Watch on crafter blue black strap. Mint condition.

Mod list
    Nh36 regulated movement
    Signed seiko crown
    Brushed chapter ring
    Coin edged bezel
    Batman sapphire lumed bezel insert
    Mercedes style hands
    Sapphire blue tint Crystal

Strap code skx007 bracelet along with original seiko jubilee included in sale. All works carried out by watchmaker.

Original parts all included

7478-AF4-A-4-FEF-4-CB3-AC34-59-FBBF6-B69-FF.jpg
    BAE181-F2-2739-4-A9-B-A1-A8-99-FB7-CEDF23-E.jpg
    505325-BA-7998-40-A8-9-B38-914-B5-C850377.jpg
    D7-D2-CB6-D-E98-E-42-A1-A966-AFB617763-B93.jpg
    349-A4-B12-497-E-4-C69-867-B-EBF16-BBF5142.jpg
    C48695-CD-52-BC-4-A7-B-BB35-9-A59-B379-A9-F5.jpg
    9-F6-E64-FE-D571-411-C-8-FA9-D20-DBD660-E16.jpg
    D5480-F24-B3-C4-4-BDF-A5-C2-C59-C5-C4-B7-DAC.jpg
    CD4-F0175-B31-C-48-A8-80-F0-733-E0-F198-F2-F.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

My Breitling Avenger II Seawolf for sale

https://www.adverts.ie/23752808

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

Hasn’t been worn so far in 2021 so that tells me it’s probably an idea to move it on. Steinhart Ocean One Legacy Gnomon limited edition.

Has the display case back. Full set with box and paperwork, additional brown leather strap included.

Will put it up on adverts for around the €600 mark but a better price if anyone here has any interest. Drop me a PM

0-F323594-FF8-E-4555-A666-3-B27-A5400-F96.jpg

89-E1-B448-9311-46-F1-9-C46-923-E57-A9-C763.jpg

Nobody for my beautiful diver?

Linky

Already about 35% cheaper than the cheapest one on chrono and discount for anyone in here. PM me if you don't want to bid on adverts and you can discreetly come view and try on the watch. No obligation at all to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Big thanks to Mr Micks Address of the forum, we did a quick deal on that Seiko Mod of his, appreciated the deal. Lovely mod job.
    Its going onwards as a present to a lad who
    actually dives :-) so it'll be working for a living.

I've seen micks_address' Seiko mod in the flesh and it was striking. Brilliant job, stands out. Although Mick was very modest about it. Best of luck to you TedR, you got a lot of watch for your money.

Now for me. I got a Panerai PAM00196. Bought off a friend who needed some cash. Have had an interest in Panerais for quite some time, but once I put this one on my wrist, I was sold. Panerais are perfect for me, I love them.

So here's to the point: I want another Panerai. But not a chrono. Preferably one as plain as possible, even a two hander. Must have super lume though but I don't mind if it's auto or hand winding. Post here or PM me if you are interested.

I've seen micks_address' Seiko mod in the flesh and it was striking. Brilliant job, stands out. Although Mick was very modest about it. Best of luck to you TedR, you got a lot of watch for your money.

Now for me. I got a Panerai PAM00196. Bought off a friend who needed some cash. Have had an interest in Panerais for quite some time, but once I put this one on my wrist, I was sold. Panerais are perfect for me, I love them.

So here's to the point: I want another Panerai. But not a chrono. Preferably one as plain as possible, even a two hander. Must have super lume though but I don't mind if it's auto or hand winding. Post here or PM me if you are interested.

Thanks unkel I’ve been thinking about the seamaster 300 and if you do ever sell you might give me a shout back. I kinda miss it as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I actually bought Micks Seiko mod as a gift but Im not sure I can give it away :-) thx again for the purchase.
    It is indeed lovely.
    Ive become fascinated with the whole Seiko modding thing now too, another watch related black hole to fall into!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd go for a 3 hander, I think it's a bit of a waste to have a mechanical watch without a second hand. But I'd definitely go for a sandwich dial either way; it adds a lovely depth. I settled on a 111 as I thought it was the best combo of features for the money. Edit: the modified Unitas movement will also probably be easier to get serviced.

I know a guy with a fake that he is adamant is the genuine article who'll let it go for 6k ;) :pac:

I'd agree with Eoin the 111 is the mutts nuts tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thinking about selling my Seamaster Aqua Terra 'Skyfall' and testing the waters here.

Bought as a full package (box, papers, extra links) from a boardsie in very good condition and then had it fully serviced in December with LWC/Omega. Meaning it's now is in excellent condition and has 1.5 years warranty.

Chrono wants me to put it up there for €3,599.00. I know I'm not going to get that here, but I'd be willing to shave some off that for an uncomplicated 'boardsie' sale.

Any interest send me a PM.

• Advertisement

Class watch. You won't be getting that but you should easily get more than you paid for it last year.

Class watch. You won't be getting that but you should easily get more than you paid for it last year.

Thank you. Its the most beautiful watch but I'm not really wearing it and probably wont ever on an every day basis. More a watch for an occasion.
    Not trying to flip for profit but hoping to get what I paid plus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

I don’t think 3.5 is expensive? I sold cheap and you added a service. I would take it back only I got rid of all the straps.

Mock address sold his one recently to CT and that was loose with no service. Can’t recall price but a search might bring it up.

893bet wrote: »
    I don’t think 3.5 is expensive. I sold cheap and you added a service.

Between the service and shipping for the service and some straps I tried and some tools I had to get for the bracelet I wouldnt get much change out of 3,500 if any. I guess its sort of a hobby.

Between the service and shipping for the service and some straps I tried and some tools I had to get I wouldnt get much change out of 3,500 if any.

Yeah I’d say you’d do well to get far north of 3k here for it. Mine was bit less but without cards

Yeah I’d say you’d do well to get far north of 3k here for it. Mine was bit less but without cards

But what if the buyer has "CASH TONIGHT" surely you will take 1k.... :rolleyes:

Fitz II wrote: »
    But what if the buyer has "CASH TONIGHT" surely you will take 1k.... :rolleyes:

Well in that case?
    Thats a watch I can afford tonight, so dibs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I can't afford it but for cash tonight il go 1k plus £1, I'm like arsenal activating Luis Suarez release clause

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thinking about selling my Seamaster Aqua Terra 'Skyfall' and testing the waters here.

Bought as a full package (box, papers, extra links) from a boardsie in very good condition and then had it fully serviced in December with LWC/Omega. Meaning it's now is in excellent condition and has 1.5 years warranty.

Chrono wants me to put it up there for €3,599.00. I know I'm not going to get that here, but I'd be willing to shave some off that for an uncomplicated 'boardsie' sale.

Any interest send me a PM.
    893bet wrote: »
    I don’t think 3.5 is expensive? I sold cheap and you added a service. I would take it back only I got rid of all the straps.

Mock address sold his one recently to CT and that was loose with no service. Can’t recall price but a search might bring it up.
    Between the service and shipping for the service and some straps I tried and some tools I had to get for the bracelet I wouldnt get much change out of 3,500 if any. I guess its sort of a hobby.

Sorry to jump in here but I have to, that Omega is a work of art, it's beautiful, you might ask how I know, well I bought another piece of art from 893bet in the past and the prick* had the cheek to bring the Omega with him to see if I'd be interested in it as he had it for sale at the time, I had expressed interest in it and he was in the process of buying history rather than art.

At the time I gave serious consideration to divorce vs. the Omega, and I mean serious consideration, looking back I think the only reason I didn't get it is cause my daughter said "daddy why do you need so many watches?"

*when I say prick I mean absolute gentleman but don't tell him I said that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I'm not selling mine, love it more now than when I bought it.

Advertisement