Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone receive or expecting a raise this year?

• 16-03-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm curious with all that's been going on if engineers have been receiving pay increases. I'm in the construction industry and even with sites being closed, I don't see much of a let up in workload. Despite this, I haven't received a pay review in 2 years i.e. last year's was skipped.

What's the general feeling in engineering at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ingeneer

I'm on the design side of things, got a 3% raise and 3% bonus at Christmas, so 6% over normal salary so not too bad but not life changing either. Best to look around and get an interview to see if you are getting below market rate.

My company is busy, and I know previous companies I've worked for are very busy too. See a lot of job advertisements also. No sign of a slowdown from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭kirving

We've seen big turnover this year as people have moved to medical companies who pay far better. The company will have to offer decent raises to retain staff.

Advertisement