Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Still playing

• 25-07-2016 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Loaded up Skyrim couple if nights ago, nearly forgot how good a game it is. Downloaded some MOD mission packs and with the graphical updates, it is still an amazing game.

Still playing my main original character and I'm thinking I might finally be ready (after five years) to pick a side in the civil war.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's one game I can go back to over and over and over again. When you've finally finished the Civil War there's a mod you can download called Civil War Repairs, which fixes the damage done to any cities you've had to do battle in. They never get fixed in the game, they all seem content to live in piles of rubble for an indefinite period of time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

There is a total conversion set to be released in the next couple of weeks. It looks promising.

It's called Enderal. Taken four years to make, fully voiced. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..been faffing about recently playing it with an oculus rift and a foot pedal controller i knocked up..so most mods removed bar skyui and a few controller ones..anyway after the intro and dragon attack I discovered that you can go with the Imperial captain instead of the stormcloak ..totally different path out of the dungeons and caves ( I think its totally different but they may meet up towards the end of the cave) .Completely suprised me+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is working through the series, kinda...
    He started with Skyrim
    Played a bit of Oblivion
    The moved onto Fallout 4 and now Fallout 3...

I'm trying to shunt him back to Oblivion because that was my favourite tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

took it up again with that new mod, quickly grew tired of it and re-jigged all my mods and have since been playing again from the start. I think i've done more this time than ever before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Found a list of hidden Boss's in the vanilla game that you can track down once you hit level 80. No fast travel or waypoints to them, Just clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New game, woke up as a Necromancers thrall. Quick look about, find an axe so off with his head. Then a lot of running away very fast avoiding everything until eventually reaching safety in Riften!

It's scary as hell being in the wilds at level 1! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

New game, woke up as a Necromancers thrall. Quick look about, find an axe so off with his head. Then a lot of running away very fast avoiding everything until eventually reaching safety in Riften!

It's scary as hell being in the wilds at level 1! :)

Lol!

And yes, it is scary - especially without Hadvar or Ralof there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I have Skyrim remastered for the PS4 preordered and can't wait to start playing next Friday. Great game but too ambitious for the ps3 which kept lagging for me.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lag was one of the main reasons I switched from the PS3 to the PC. Also the ability to use console commands to fix buggy quests, and also mods. Forgot Remastered was coming out so soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

next weekend :) Should be fun

Advertisement