Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raheny 5 mile Jan 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

donal7 wrote: »
    Yes - no problem. I'll be doing the same :)

Thanks a million Donal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    The start is tight enough so you'ld need you wits about you. Not been able to hear whats going on around you, if you're listening to music, mightn't be the wisest thing in my, very humble, opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

4 stars (good)
    Looks like it will be dry on Sunday but giving a serious bit of wind. Not sure how the directon of it will affect running?

Sunday, 27/01/2013 Time Forecast Temp. Precipitation Wind
    00:00–06:00 11° 2.4 – 4.2 mm Strong breeze, 13 m/s from southwest
    06:00–12:00 7° 0.1 – 1.0 mm Strong breeze, 14 m/s from west-southwest
    12:00–18:00 6° 0.1 – 0.7 mm Near gale, 15 m/s from west-southwest
    18:00–00:00 6° 0.1 – 0.4 mm Strong breeze, 14 m/s from southwest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

4 stars (good)
    Bet that "Near Gale" will be blowing up the Howth Road! Always blows that way, regardless of wind direction...

Will probably effect mile .8 to 1.6, (Howth Rd) and also the last half mile on all Saints..

Gale usually means Bye Bye PB?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    The race will still be packed that early though, there'll be plenty of shelter behind other runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

4 stars (good)
    RayCun wrote: »
    The race will still be packed that early though, there'll be plenty of shelter behind other runners.

Are you giving it a go yourself Ray ?

4 stars (good)
    Yep, going for the sub 30. First road race since September :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

Which church carpark do we use, Church of Our Lady Mother of Divine Grace or All Saints Church? Thanks, looking forward to it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭TrevorC

3 stars (average)
    Just registered for this.

Hope the weather is reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

4 stars (good)
    Anyone else have trouble registering with a laser card? My friend was trying to register and it was looking for either an Issue No or Issue Date, neither of which was on the laser card. I had to register her with my Mastercard in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

4 stars (good)
    GKiraly wrote: »
    Which church carpark do we use, Church of Our Lady Mother of Divine Grace or All Saints Church? Thanks, looking forward to it :p

Church of Our Lady Mother of Divine Grace

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Think Fionnuala Britton running tomorrow!! Should be some good racing...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Do we just turn up tomorrow and collect our number? I thought in previous years you had to bring a signed form but I don't seem to have got one.

4 stars (good)
    Caprica wrote: »
    Do we just turn up tomorrow and collect our number? I thought in previous years you had to bring a signed form but I don't seem to have got one.

Earlier in this thread it was posted that you should be able to collect your number up to 14:30. Last year, I turned up at the school, gave my name and was given my number & chip. I wasn't asked to show/provide anything. It would help if you were able to quote your number (circulated by e-mail earlier this week).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

3 stars (average)
    TarfHead wrote: »
    Earlier in this thread it was posted that you should be able to collect your number up to 14:30. Last year, I turned up at the school, gave my name and was given my number & chip. I wasn't asked to show/provide anything. It would help if you were able to quote your number (circulated by e-mail earlier this week).

I got that e-mail from onlinesupport@active.com during the week. It said to check attached PDF for race number but there was no PDF. Didn't really give it too much thought though. Anybody else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

I got that e-mail from onlinesupport@active.com during the week. It said to check attached PDF for race number but there was no PDF. Didn't really give it too much thought though. Anybody else have this issue?

I got the same email with no PDF attached. I didn't give it much thought either but that was probably cos I'm injured and cant run tomorrow:(

I'm sure if you turn up with a print out of the mail, that'd be fine, maybe not leave it til 2.30 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

4 stars (good)
    Same here, no PDF. I'm sure it'll be fine.........hopefully!

4 stars (good)
    I got the pdf but there's another runner with the same name as me so it doesn't do me any good
    http://www.activeglobal.com/images/uploads/FileLib/186492_0124122821.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

4 stars (good)
    Cheers Ray, much appreciate you posting the PDF. Big help!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I think its a case of clicking on the link rather than anything being attached.

numbers arent exactly sequential but it looks like approx 2000 running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Best of luck to all Running tomorrow

Was thinking about jogging this before xmas but fell badly sick before the new year.

Next year i will be there running and i will pop down later today

Have a good one guys and watch the weather its going to be nasty

4 stars (good)
    Entries Now Closed. Record Field of 2,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Cold windy wet...this will require some HTFU!!

4 stars (good)
    Second time running this event. Still believe it's the one that others should aspire to. Even the 'weather gods' smiled on us today ;) !

Managed to run this year's a whole minute quicker than my first time out last year, despite having a total 'mare in the last mile.

Thank you Raheny Shamrocks, and all who made today possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

4 stars (good)
    Well, I had a great day at the office. Would have been happy with anything under 40 minutes but ended up coming home in 35.08. Splits were

1. 7.10
    2. 7.17
    3. 7.06
    4 6.49
    5. 6.36
    6. 0.08

I had taken some painkillers and strapped up the knee, will probably pay for that later, but I reckon it will be worth it for the confidence this race has given me. Ran the last two mils flat out, sprint finish, it felt amazing, and got a few cheers of encouragement from a couple of runners as I passed them, thanks to those guys.

Great race, great goodie bag. Will be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TarfHead wrote: »
    Even the 'weather gods' smiled on us today ;) !

Were we in the same race:confused: :confused :D

Found the wind a killer today tough day out there alot slower than I expected (28.39) but seemed to be around alot of the people I would usually be in a race so I cant complain. Satisfied with the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

4 stars (good)
    ecoli wrote: »

Were we in the same race:confused: :confused :D
    In fairness we were lucky that the sun came out and there was a gap in the rain....but yes the wind was a beatch but seemed to be with us most of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

3 stars (average)
    The little plaque is brilliant. Lovely touch. Going straight up on the mantle piece. Last time I got one of those I was nine.

4 stars (good)
    fletch wrote: »
    yes the wind was a beatch but seemed to be with us most of the way

:eek::eek::eek:
    definitely a different race to the rest of us :pac:
    Still always a good race in Raheny, and I'm not going to complain too much about the conditions :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement