Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May I make a suggestion?

• 06-05-2019 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I feel it would be helpful to lock threads after a certain period of time.

Lets say it's no longer current or its clear and argument is just going around and around with no conclusion and nothing further can be learnt.

With the exception with maybe game threads or music threads and a few others if you were to lock all threads after a certain time it would also stop threads that are years old being bumped up.

It seems to be clear on some forums nothing current or new is being added to a topic its just arguing. Particularly on some topics that people are just hard headed about. I think it gets to a point where it's just done.

I feel it makes the forums stale and less enjoyable.

Could it not be standard to close threads after a while unless there are objections to doing so for that thread?

You could make a standard rule you closed all threads after 30 days unless there are requests for an extension.

I think the forums would be more interesting and active. Plus no more five year old thread bumps.

You can make whatever forums or threads for games or whatever exempt.

Thank you.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Your account is three days old, therefore you are lacking credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread for now as you unfortunately do not meet the criteria required to post in Feedback. From the charter
    To post in Feedback, you must have 100 posts on the site and have been a registered member for at least 3 months

Happy to return this thread once you’ve met the qualifying criteria.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement