Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Eimers8718 wrote: »
    How did people find the electricity and gas set up process? We have been told to get the accounts set up and connected. Gas is being done this week. They couldn’t do the electricity as the wiring cert hadnt been issued.

In relation to the snag list - were the repairs carried out quickly??

We are still hoping to get in in December!!

Yeah electricity and gas was pretty straight forward for us, although we did end up changing provider. In regards to snags, they wore done in about 2 weeks. If they’re asking for your accounts to be set up they sound as if they’re on track to be honest, don’t want to get your hopes up tho lol, but the houses are looking good .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Eimers8718

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Yeah electricity and gas was pretty straight forward for us, although we did end up changing provider. In regards to snags, they wore done in about 2 weeks. If they’re asking for your accounts to be set up they sound as if they’re on track to be honest, don’t want to get your hopes up tho lol, but the houses are looking good .

Thats great thanks. I’ll get on to the ESB again this week.
    Yeh I’m trying not to get my hopes up too much but fingers crossed.

Houses coming along very well

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Houses coming along very well

Looking so well cant wait to get in !!!! Thanks for the pic havent been over ina while hope yous are settling in well ðŸ˜

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Looking so well cant wait to get in !!!! Thanks for the pic havent been over ina while hope yous are settling in well ðŸ˜

Have yous yous been given any updates on houses?

• Advertisement

Have yous yous been given any updates on houses?

Still December is what weve been told Kitchen is going in 21st November so im assuming most things are done at that stage ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

Got the keys finally, very happy with the finished product and how the snags have been handled I must say! You guys houses are looking good, December might be a stretch but hopefully!! N

Still December is what weve been told Kitchen is going in 21st November so im assuming most things are done at that stage ??

Yeah it moves quick enough after the kitchen is in.

nails91 wrote: »
    Got the keys finally, very happy with the finished product and how the snags have been handled I must say! You guys houses are looking good, December might be a stretch but hopefully!! N

Brilliant thats great news very positive !!! Just wondering would a kingsize bed fit in the master ok ??? Also is anyone getting the likes of a woodburning stove or anything put in??

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Brilliant thats great news very positive !!! Just wondering would a kingsize bed fit in the master ok ??? Also is anyone getting the likes of a woodburning stove or anything put in??

Woodburning stove? Check out the roofs again, there is no chimney

Best bet would be a Dimplex Oakhurst Optimyst for a realistic stove look

• Advertisement

jodaw wrote: »
    Woodburning stove? Check out the roofs again, there is no chimney

Best bet would be a Dimplex Oakhurst Optimyst for a realistic stove look

I know there is no chimney was looking for an alternative . I will check them out Thank you

I’ve a king size bed, and it fits just fine, was a bit skeptical while putting it together, but it fits fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

nails91 wrote: »

I'm still hoping for December as mine won't be tiled Laurie has assured me it will be done by then. Kitchen went in last week. Did you have many snags? Were they quick to sort? Also can you pm me who you got to snag if you don't mind?

I’ve a king size bed, and it fits just fine, was a bit skeptical while putting it together, but it fits fine.

Yeah i wasnt sure myself nice one kingsize it is !!

Yeah i wasnt sure myself nice one kingsize it is !!

Yeah, I actually think the front bedroom is bigger, but then again that doesn’t have an en suite

Yeah, I actually think the front bedroom is bigger, but then again that doesn’t have an en suite

From the pics i thought that aswell it def looks bigger its a fine size !!

Would anyone who has moved in be able to tell me the window size of the sitting room window, master bedroom and patio doors. Looking for curtains/curtain poles and struggling to work out the size from the plans. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ali2212

Hi so we've put our booking deposit down on one of the houses and signing contracts this week , won't be ready till March though :( just wondering how much flooring set people back as unsure wether to go for the turn key package or not??? Would people also recommend any specific brand of appliance or store they have dealt with .. thanks ðŸ˜

Would anyone who has moved in be able to tell me the window size of the sitting room window, master bedroom and patio doors. Looking for curtains/curtain poles and struggling to work out the size from the plans. Thanks

We asked Laurie for these. And she said all the houses would be different.. don't know how that works thou surely all the windows would be the same size. Maybe give her a ring and ask to ask the builder measure it.. x

Yeah apparently they're all slightly different, I haven't even got a measuring tape to measure my own, I've got my blinds but yet to put up curtain polls.

Ali2212 wrote: »
    Hi so we've put our booking deposit down on one of the houses and signing contracts this week , won't be ready till March though :( just wondering how much flooring set people back as unsure wether to go for the turn key package or not??? Would people also recommend any specific brand of appliance or store they have dealt with .. thanks ðŸ˜

Can't really give an opinion on flooring, the phase I bought came with the turn key package, have to say tho very impressed , I'd say it might work out cheaper in the long run. As for appliances, I got all my own out of my job. You can get them all from cash and carry, I think for everything minus the washing machine and dryer it cost on and around €3000

• Advertisement

For anyone that is already in,,,, where have you put your tv in the sitting room. We have a 55inch and I really don't want to put it on the wall but worried it won't fit to the side of the "chimney" breast..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Hey guys I am due to snag in next two weeks. Any advice or anything in particular I need to be extra vigilant about. I'm not snagging myself have a top guy doing it but still any advice be great

For anyone that is already in,,,, where have you put your tv in the sitting room. We have a 55inch and I really don't want to put it on the wall but worried it won't fit to the side of the "chimney" breast..

I've put mine on the wall, it's a 55 as well. If you wore to have a 55 on the floor I'd imagine that would take up a lot of space.

Hey guys I am due to snag in next two weeks. Any advice or anything in particular I need to be extra vigilant about. I'm not snagging myself have a top guy doing it but still any advice be great

Nothing really specific, maybe around light switches and sockets, and in and around the smoke alarms.

I've put mine on the wall, it's a 55 as well. If you wore to have a 55 on the floor I'd imagine that would take up a lot of space.

Nothing really specific, maybe around light switches and sockets, and in and around the smoke alarms.

Hi All!! What internet and TV providers have people gone with?

Hi All!! What internet and TV providers have people gone with?

Sky tv, no broadband yet, apparently the fiber lines are getting updated. Having a nightmare trying to get it sorted.

Sky tv, no broadband yet, apparently the fiber lines are getting updated. Having a nightmare trying to get it sorted.
    Thanks. Still no broadband...thats ridiculous.

Thanks. Still no broadband...thats ridiculous.

You can say that again, it's an awful pain having no broadband

You can say that again, it's an awful pain having no broadband

I rather have broadband than the TV!! Are they actually working on getting it up and running or just ignoring you??

• Advertisement

I rather have broadband than the TV!! Are they actually working on getting it up and running or just ignoring you??

Well apparently KN networks have been updating the lines the last 2 weeks, and when I got on touch with eir my address doesn't come up on the system, so they've to set up something called an ard key, whether that is should only take a day or two, but I'm waiting 3 weeks on them to get back to me. So I just gave up to be honest

Advertisement