Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Layoulk

Hello,
    We just put down a deposit on a Heron house so I just want to ask the people that already moved in.
    Can you please let me know how much difference there was between the "promised" completion date and the actual move in?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Does anyone know when the next phase of three beds are for sale? No reply from the sherry Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have just put down the deposit to purchase the heron in the new phase and I have some questions.

1. Has any one found a good solicitor who does not cost a fortune?

2. To any one who has sanded and varnished the floorboards, How are the noise levels?

3. Has anyone managed to get some of the radiators moved?

4. Are the management fee's payable on a monthly basis, we live in Ashtown and they are,

5. Is the bins store big enough to hold a push bike?

6. Did the builder charge to move the island a few inches closer to the back door?

Thanks in advance for your responses

1. We used <mod snip: recommendations by pm only> solicitors, We were more than happy, well worth the money, couple of houses in our phase got delayed because solicitor screwed up, so sometimes it is worth paying the money

2.We sanded and varnished the floors, we are happy with the noise level, a little bit louder than carpets but looks cool and we did it our selves....cost was next to nothing

3. Yeah give ballymore a shout, we moved couple of rads

4. first year has to be paid upfront before you collect the keys

5. not sure, bathroom downstairs is though

6. they did it for one of the houses. you have to ask them to do early though

also if you ask early for few extra quid you can:
    1)get a the water tap in your back garden
    2)upgrade to induction hub in the kitchen....we got a standard one....

hope this helps

Were you happy with the quality of their work? Could you PM me their details please.

there is a couple of options for 700 quid, depends if you want monitoring or not, if you want monitoring securigard seem to be the best option, if you dont want monitoring then 247 alarms will do decent job for you

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

con1982 -
    3 weeks ago when the current houses were sold out, SherryFitz said more 3-bed houses will be released in Spring 2017.
    SherryFitz only knows the exact release dates and exact houses when the developer tells them and in last 2 releases they were only able to announce mid-week for Saturday sale and confirm the exact houses on Friday/the day of the sale.
    The best way is to email them to register your interest, so they include you in the email announcing the houses release. Just ensure to keep an eye on your spam box, some people missed the release dates as the email ended up in spams.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

3 weeks ago when the current houses were sold out
    Out of curiosity, sunshine135, was there a queue at the last phase sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

andreionut wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, sunshine135, was there a queue at the last phase sale?

There was a queue enough to snap all 3-bed houses before SherryFitz opened for sale. People who came after were put on waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

maciektok wrote: »
    1. We used <mod snip: recommendations by pm only> solicitors, We were more than happy, well worth the money, couple of houses in our phase got delayed because solicitor screwed up, so sometimes it is worth paying the money

2.We sanded and varnished the floors, we are happy with the noise level, a little bit louder than carpets but looks cool and we did it our selves....cost was next to nothing

3. Yeah give ballymore a shout, we moved couple of rads

4. first year has to be paid upfront before you collect the keys

5. not sure, bathroom downstairs is though

6. they did it for one of the houses. you have to ask them to do early though

also if you ask early for few extra quid you can:
    1)get a the water tap in your back garden
    2)upgrade to induction hub in the kitchen....we got a standard one....

hope this helps

Any chance of some pictures around the downstairs kitchen, living room floors etc... You can PM if you prefer but no worries if you cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Matpuk4321

This was I think around 1979

cronos wrote: »
    Any chance of some pictures around the downstairs kitchen, living room floors etc... You can PM if you prefer but no worries if you cant.

Downstairs is all concrete. You've wooden stairs and floors in all the bedrooms and landing. If you want I'll pm the pics. Also we knocked down the wall between kitchen and living room

• Advertisement

Downstairs is all concrete. You've wooden stairs and floors in all the bedrooms and landing. If you want I'll pm the pics. Also we knocked down the wall between kitchen and living room

Pictures of both would be fantastic, feel free to PM whenever suits. Thank you. I've been toying with the idea of making it open plan downstairs, curious what it would look like. Also curious after you put in all that work sanding and varnishing what the end product looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

maciektok,

Could you PM me pictures of your floors, We are going to sand and varnish ours.

Thanks in advance.

Will do lads. Give us couple of days. We sanded the floor and then Varnished it with a varnish that's stained with white paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

What was the starting price for a three bed in the most recent tranche? Four beds are from 390k. They are far too big (160m2) !!!

con1982 wrote: »
    What was the starting price for a three bed in the most recent tranche? Four beds are from 390k. They are far too big (160m2) !!!

Think they were 330k. Believe they are all sold. Probably talking a year before you could get in the door of one.

I've purchased one of the big ones. They are a lovely house if it's what your in the market for. :)

If anyone's got a shower hose in their house I'd be interested to hear some feedback on how it's working out. Was it worth the money? A picture would also be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

We moved into one of the phelan park houses last week.

Just wondering has anyone else on the row tried to get broadband yet?

I had a provider out and they said there is a problem on Eir side as they own the line.

Eir have since told them the issue won't be resolved until 23rd October

It's a connection they need to fix or set up outside the house

• Registered Users Posts: 10 noriordan78

If there is any chance of sending me pictures of floors too I'd appreciate it. Due to move into Royal Canal Avenue on November 4 and still trying to figure out what to do re flooring. Thanks

I asked about upgrading the house with better cable and RJ45 sockets,

I asked for CAT 6 cable in the entire house and i was quoted 160 for it,

I have asked for 6 Port face plate and RJ45 CAT 6 sockets in the utility room and 1 CAT 6 Socket in every room, He did not have an exact price, rough quote was 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

I have asked for 6 Port face plate and RJ45 CAT 6 sockets in the utility room and 1 CAT 6 Socket in every room, He did not have an exact price, rough quote was 160.
    I don't know much about these but is 5e as standard not enough? I was thinking of upgrading but what I was told is 5e can support up to 1000 mbps. I will only have a few tv boxes and laptops connected. Do you think it's worth 160 to upgrade? Thanks

Also, we are just trying to sign our contracts atm but can only get a loan offer from ulster bank for 6 months. This doesn't cover May 2017 when our phase is due to be completed. If anyone has any guidance on same it would be much appreciated as I guess others in the same boat!

Best of luck to all moving in. Hopefully join you next year!

• Advertisement

sdhway wrote: »

I don't know much about these but is 5e as standard not enough? I was thinking of upgrading but what I was told is 5e can support up to 1000 mbps. I will only have a few tv boxes and laptops connected. Do you think it's worth 160 to upgrade? Thanks

Also, we are just trying to sign our contracts atm but can only get a loan offer from ulster bank for 6 months. This doesn't cover May 2017 when our phase is due to be completed. If anyone has any guidance on same it would be much appreciated as I guess others in the same boat!

Best of luck to all moving in. Hopefully join you next year!
    I like to future proof, In 5+ years CAT 6 will be what is needed. Way easier to do it now then after the house is built. In relation to loan offers, Most banks only offer 6 months, Then they ask for you to show more payslips and or do salary cert again.

I am quite confused on what color the houses are painted, In a previous post some one said they were a light yellow. Sherry Fitz have said gray, I asked ballymore who said white and the above property that is for rent is Gray. Any feedback from people who have moved in would be great. I will not be happy if it is yellow or beige..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

I like to future proof, In 5+ years CAT 6 will be what is needed. Way easier to do it now then after the house is built. In relation to loan offers, Most banks only offer 6 months, Then they ask for you to show more payslips and or do salary cert again.

You're right to get cat 6 if you can. 160 sounds steep for the difference though, cat 6 isn't much more expensive than cat 5e. Having said that cat 5e is doing everything I need it to do right now.

The rj45 faceplates you can do yourself for much cheaper, if you have the time and inclination.

For wall colour we had a choice of white or grey, we chose grey and they painted it white... but they repainted it when we asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Magnolia and gray were what we were offered. We went with magnolia, which is a pale yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I am quite confused on what color the houses are painted, In a previous post some one said they were a light yellow. Sherry Fitz have said gray, I asked ballymore who said white and the above property that is for rent is Gray. Any feedback from people who have moved in would be great. I will not be happy if it is yellow or beige..

My wife is always complaining that I only see in four colors. To me, the walls looked light yellow. In any case, Sherry Fitz said that we'd get a choice between that and gray, like in the show houses. We were never told to make a choice, and when we received the house it was that light yellow color. Sherry Fitz said that they dropped the other option, and Ballymore warned us that having them repainted to gray would be fairly expensive (given that they quoted us 5k for the media wall in the small family room, I was inclined to believe that it would cost us an arm and a leg). We were here recommended an independent contractor who is repainting the house to gray right now.

Will do lads. Give us couple of days. We sanded the floor and then Varnished it with a varnish that's stained with white paint.

Sorry to ask. Just very curious about the pics :) Any luck? No rush, as I say just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Regarding contract signing. Are people aware that contracts exclude the standard law society loan offer clause? This means that if your circumstances change (illness, injury, house devalues etc.) leading to you being unable to get the mortgage at any time between the bank's first and second valuation, you are still liable for payment of the full amount. Even though you or your partner are unable to get a mortgage, they will still pursue you. Have people just signed and taken such a risk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sdhway wrote: »
    Regarding contract signing. Are people aware that contracts exclude the standard law society loan offer clause? This means that if your circumstances change (illness, injury, house devalues etc.) leading to you being unable to get the mortgage at any time between the bank's first and second valuation, you are still liable for payment of the full amount. Even though you or your partner are unable to get a mortgage, they will still pursue you. Have people just signed and taken such a risk?

Was that not always there?
    This was always specified to us and we bought in 2006 and 2015.
    Once you sign contracts, you are technically liable for the full balance and deposit lost.

Not many builders persued it during the boom as if you backed out late on, they could sell it for more the next day.

Advertisement