Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damp smell in seat

Options
  • 17-02-2019 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

The driver side rear passenger seat in my missus' car smells of damp. Pretty noticeable when you first get in the car but after a minute you wouldn't notice. We think it's from the time the window was partially open and it rained and it sat there for a couple of days. What's the best way to sort this smell out? Is there any products I can buy that can quickly remove the smell permanently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Anyone able to shed some light for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Is it the seat itself or the floor carpet?

Rent or borrow a decent carpet / upholstery cleaner.
    Or
    Get the car valeted professionally.

Keep an eye on it afterwards to make sure there isn't a leak somewhere.

Run the car with the heat up full blast afterwards and the windows open a notch.

Would it be dog related given your username?

https://youtu.be/Y2yiBJSlnuw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

It's hard to determine exactly what it is but I think it's the rear passenger seat.

Gave it a good clean with proper stuff at the weekend and aired it out with the heat blasting for a couple of hours and it has definitely helped although it's still in the air a little bit.

If it comes back I have to assume there's a leak from underneath somewhere as the car was stationary the entire weekend.

Not dog related at all....in fact I don't own any pets despite my username!

Advertisement