Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Wkahmed wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that. I know it must be frustrating to wait this long. Have the developers given a new move in date?

Very frustrating, nope, no move in date, we wore originally told in around July August, so I’m hoping it will be this month sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wkahmed

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Very frustrating, nope, no move in date, we wore originally told in around July August, so I’m hoping it will be this month sometime

Fingers crossed!

I am a Dubliner as well and was also hoping to get insights on travelling to work. What do you plan to use as your mode of transport? I read previously in the forun that it takes in excess of an hour and a half to travel to city centre!

Fingers crossed!

I am a Dubliner as well and was also hoping to get insights on travelling to work. What do you plan to use as your mode of transport? I read previously in the forun that it takes in excess of an hour and a half to travel to city centre!

I will be using the train, it’s less than 1km from the house, and it takes 40-45 mins to Dublin’s city Centre, so convenient

Nonoyes wrote: »
    hi, to all buying in this estate, please be warned that the new part is not cabled for fibre broadband, and there is no plan in place for it to be done as its a big job. Also please be warned of multiple plumbing issues in the first part of the new phase which include bathrooms needing re-tiling due to leaks and in another house the hot water tank/cylinder burst withing a couple of months....

Hi, how do you know all this information, and what do mean by “new part”

jodaw wrote: »
    Olgrange has been there almost 15 years and there were some uncompleted homes it the estate. When prices start going back up these homes were completed and i think some new homes built.

They have continued pushing prices up and the Glades are a new phases of the development.

I am not sure who the developer is but i would imagine the existing developer is not the original developer, which may affect build quality. It would be pretty big if they do not have fast infrastructure in place. The rest of the site was sold off and this is where the glades is being developed. When the original eircom infrastructure they would not have put in lines where the glades is, since it would have been waste ground at that time

The developer of Brocan and Ferns Bridge has been in the area a long time and continued through the bust.

Who is maintaining the grass, landscapes and lighting in oldgrange?

I cannot see any reference to high speed internet in the adverts for the home but i can see one glaring error. It says these are Natural Gas heated?

Brocan have a costly heat pump system costing the guts of 10K included. I cannot see how the oldgrange homes are Natural Gas, more like LPG which is costly to run if true.

No it’s not the original developer. In the advertisement for the house I bought it says the house is fitted for highspeed internet , and they will be ran from natural gas, brocan wood has heated floors, but no radiators down stairs, only upstairs. In regards to who’s maintaining the area I don’t know, I would presume it’s the council , although not really sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Hi guys,

Haven't been here in a while just caught up on all your posts now. Meeting Laurie this evening to discuss kitchen so that will be interesting. I see some were asking about couches, I actually got the double doors removed from kitchen to sitting room so plan on putting a corner couch in there. No idea when I will be in by but hoping it will be December for draw down of mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

At a guess i would say LPG and not Natural Gas. There are very few homes if any connected to Natural Gas in Monasterevin. So the would mean a bulk gas tank is filled by Calor Gas and then distributed to the homes.

It is about x2 times the cost of Natural Gas.

If they have LPG and they are advertising Natural Gas then it is false advertising on behalf of the agent. LPG would affect my own choice on purchasing and house or not so if may affect future values of these homes.

No it’s not the original developer. In the advertisement for the house I bought it says the house is fitted for highspeed internet , and they will be ran from natural gas, brocan wood has heated floors, but no radiators down stairs, only upstairs. In regards to who’s maintaining the area I don’t know, I would presume it’s the council , although not really sure.

Yes brocan has underfloor heating combined with and hitachi heat pump system downstairs, which frees up wall space

versus oldgrange

LPG? and rads with is bog basic and costly to run

I would not think the council are maintaining the estate so that would mean management fees to be paid in future, but i am sure this would be disclosed if purchasing there?

Hi guys,

Haven't been here in a while just caught up on all your posts now. Meeting Laurie this evening to discuss kitchen so that will be interesting. I see some were asking about couches, I actually got the double doors removed from kitchen to sitting room so plan on putting a corner couch in there. No idea when I will be in by but hoping it will be December for draw down of mortgage.

How did you get on today? I bet you picked the shaker grey kitchen, I think 90% have lol, yeah we’d have loving an L sofa but opted for a big spongey 2 seater and 3 seater, our funds are ready to go, just waiting on them to finish snags, bummer

jodaw wrote: »
    At a guess i would say LPG and not Natural Gas. There are very few homes if any connected to Natural Gas in Monasterevin. So the would mean a bulk gas tank is filled by Calor Gas and then distributed to the homes.

It is about x2 times the cost of Natural Gas.

If they have LPG and they are advertising Natural Gas then it is false advertising on behalf of the
    agent. LPG would affect my own choice on purchasing and house or not so if may affect future values of these homes.

They told us natural gas, repeatedly, if it’s not natural gas it’s false advertising and I certainly won’t be the only one who’s not happy, but that’s what we’re told so who are we to argue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Aaron15 wrote:
    How did you get on today? I bet you picked the shaker grey kitchen, I think 90% have lol, yeah we’d have loving an L sofa but opted for a big spongey 2 seater and 3 seater, our funds are ready to go, just waiting on them to finish snags, bummer

Ha ha yep shaker grey for the win!!! It will be December before I am in which gives me more time to get more saving together. Did ye guys make any changes to the kitchen. Giving me options is dangerous!!

Ha ha yep shaker grey for the win!!! It will be December before I am in which gives me more time to get more saving together. Did ye guys make any changes to the kitchen. Giving me options is dangerous!!

It’s a nice colour and style , no we didnt, we wore pretty happy with the kitchen as standard, i see a few people got islands in the kitchen, it’s an extra cost but it’s nice, yeah we’re still saving, every penny counts

They told us natural gas, repeatedly, if it’s not natural gas it’s false advertising and I certainly won’t be the only one who’s not happy, but that’s what we’re told so who are we to argue

I am not sure the agent knows what is natural gas and what is LPG, or thinks the are one in the same. I have for certain seen him advertise another property as Natural Gas that is 100% LPG

There are very few (if any) homes in Monasterevin with natural gas. I know there is a pipeline in or close to town but i am not sure if there are any residential connections to it.

I would bring it up with the agent to be 100% sure and would be pissed if he is lying

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

It’s a nice colour and style , no we didnt, we wore pretty happy with the kitchen as standard, i see a few people got islands in the kitchen, it’s an extra cost but it’s nice, yeah we’re still saving, every penny counts

Oh delighted others are doing this, I wanna get an island wasn't sure how that would go down.

I'm between the integrated fridge and getting a freestanding one and just having a framed slot for it included.

Couch wise I have a 3 seater from my old flat and I'll see once I'm in how that looks. I will be very sparse on the furniture for a long, few hand me downs be grand!!

Grali87 wrote: »
    Oh delighted others are doing this, I wanna get an island wasn't sure how that would go down.

I'm between the integrated fridge and getting a freestanding one and just having a framed slot for it included.

Couch wise I have a 3 seater from my old flat and I'll see once I'm in how that looks. I will be very sparse on the furniture for a long, few hand me downs be grand!!

We opted for intergrated fridge, I’m sure if you ask they’ll do your island for you, it will probably be an added cost tho, but no harm asking

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Was on to the Roads Department the Glades is not on the list of estates to be taken in control of by the council was told it can be a lengthy process. So not sure why they are saying the delays are down to the council

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Was on to the Roads Department the Glades is not on the list of estates to be taken in control of by the council was told it can be a lengthy process. So not sure why they are saying the delays are down to the council

Do they not have to sign off on the houses? The council I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'm over in Hopkins Haven.

I d'ont think its down to the council, the developer has to meet certain conditions.

It is a lengthy process. The developer went bust. We had to put in a petition signed by a certain percentage of the households. The drains backed up. It was bloody serious. But the council fair play came and sorted it out. After that they laid down new tarmac.

That council guy Mark Wall (from Labour) is a good guy. Keep in touch with him.

ebbsy wrote: »
    I'm over in Hopkins Haven.

I d'ont think its down to the council, the developer has to meet certain conditions.

It is a lengthy process. The developer went bust. We had to put in a petition signed by a certain percentage of the households. The drains backed up. It was bloody serious. But the council fair play came and sorted it out. After that they laid down new tarmac.

That council guy Mark Wall (from Labour) is a good guy. Keep in touch with him.

Sorry, I’m lost as to what’s going on here

Sorry, I’m lost as to what’s going on here

Hopkins Haven is an estate in Monasterevin that was taken over by the council.

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    Hopkins Haven is an estate in Monasterevin that was taken over by the council.

Ohhh I get what you’re saying now, sorry, I had a bit of a brain fart

The local authority will complete an inspection of estate including road surfaces , lighting , footpaths , drains , septic works etc.

If all is not in order the local authority will not take over the estate.

Do they not have to sign off on the houses? The council I mean

Ive no idea i didnt think so once planning conditions were met and seen as its a private estate and the council havent took charge of it yet . Dont understand it it must be very frustrating for everyone who should be in by now

Ive no idea i didnt think so once planning conditions were met and seen as its a private estate and the council havent took charge of it yet . Dont understand it it must be very frustrating for everyone who should be in by now

Yeah it is, we should be in by now, can’t see what the hold up is at all.

Change of topic, wanted to know what type of house people have bought? Is it the 3 bed, 4 bed or the 4 bed extension?

Change of topic, wanted to know what type of house people have bought? Is it the 3 bed, 4 bed or the 4 bed extension?

We bought a 3 bed with a semi converted attic

We bought a 3 bed with a semi converted attic

Semi converted?

We bought a 3 bed with attic we can convert. Took a drive over there still no road in

Semi converted?

Yeah, so there’s a stairs up, and a door, it’s just not a “habitable room”

• Advertisement

We bought a 3 bed with attic we can convert. Took a drive over there still no road in

Yeah was talking to Laurie on Friday, she said she will find out more on when the road will be done tmrw, i think maybe that’s the hold up for everyone

Advertisement