Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tinder for Boreds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

A nice idea. On paper :pac:
    Remember a good few years ago there used to be threads where people would post pictures of themselves? ...

Not in after hours. But other forums. Any woman who posted one of herself would get about 50 thanks. If a guy did the same what, 5 thanks? :pac:

So yeah. If boards had a dating forum it would be no different than dating websites or even tinder. A good 50 to 1 men to women ratio haha.

But you could call the forum sausage fest as it would be an apt name. Lol.

She was just gawjus & he just a fugly ncnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

KiKi III wrote: »
    And I understand why a fella might be jealous of that (although I think it's an exaggeration to say I could sleep with any guy in a given bar, but good chance I could find a guy to sleep with if that was my goal).

What guys don't tend to see is how soul-crushing it is when men approach you again and again for sex but want nothing more. I don't go to bars a lot so most of my experience is from the apps and so many guys will suggest sex in an opening message or within the first three messages.

It makes you feel like your only value to men lies in your genitals and you'll never find someone who wants more than that. I've had to work hard (with the aid of a highly qualified professional) to disabuse myself of such notions.

Yea okay , but on the flip side of that, you will always end up talking to the loud mouth, brash, over confident, cocky user type guys, who prop up the bar, while ignoring any decent guy who is sitting quietly in the corner of that same pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Speaking on behalf of everyone, we require an explanation of how this photo came to be in your possession in the first place.

You think he’s gona answer that? He’s gone.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    You think he’s gona answer that? He’s gone.

Prob should've switched accounts there lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Yea okay , but on the flip side of that, you will always end up talking to the loud mouth, brash, over confident, cocky user type guys, who prop up the bar, while ignoring any decent guy who is sitting quietly in the corner of that same pub.

Hmmm I don't know enough about this scenario to comment. I don't drink so my time spent on the pub scene is limited, and when I am out it's usually to catch up with friends and not on the pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Prob should've switched accounts there lad

Fúck are you on about

Look; anyone wants this It’s up for offer that’s all I am saying. It’s still in my photos despite blocking the cùnt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm game, but fair warning: there WILL be ratio issues.

sharing is caring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Even that's not true. I bet you could sleep with any guy 18-30

Actually not true. I have not been with that many men at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Even that's not true. I bet you could sleep with any guy 18-30

Ok sorry just saw the word COULD now. Read it earlier as WOULD. Sorry bit sensitive today.

I was going to start a new thread for this but let's just keep it going here: What's the number one tip you would give members of the opposite sex who struggle with dating?

And let's try to keep it fairly positive?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

I was going to start a new thread for this but let's just keep it going here: What's the number one tip you would give members of the opposite sex who struggle with dating?

show up

thats it. nature will take care of rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Don't date. Just be sociable and meet people in real life.

If people suddently stop replying,maybe they are busy etc and no need to block em.after few hours

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Don't date. Just be sociable and meet people in real life.

I actually think this is very good advice. Hopefully it's possible to implement it some time later this year :(

Lettuce welcome Kiki the red, self-appointed moderator of this thread.

Advice to those struggling? Don't be hard on yourself. You only live once - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Get out of your comfort zone.

Mine: If you don't immediately pester me to have sex with you, there's a much higher chance I'll end up having sex with you.

One I heard the other day on a podcast "Date your peers. You get to define who your peers are however you want.”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mine...
    My tip is all ya need ;)

Lettuce welcome Kiki the red, self-appointed moderator of this thread.

You’re always so quick to assume the worst of me Bertie. It’s just a suggestion to try and keep things positive as I know those of us who struggle with dating can end up tending towards cynicism.

How do you know what she'll 'always' do. Unless you're talking about women in general and this is one of those 'oh poor me, women ALWAYS talk to the horrible user guys and ignore me!'. Right, the decent guy in the corner..making sweeping judgements about all women and feeling sorry for himself. How about this.. if you're hiding in the corner sulking, maybe you only have yourself to blame for not being noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

As for the real advice.

Learn to be comfortable in your own skin. If you can't be comfortable with yourself, it's going to be hard for anyone else to be either.

• Advertisement

How do you know what she'll 'always' do. Unless you're talking about women in general and this is one of those 'oh poor me, women ALWAYS talk to the horrible user guys and ignore me!'. Right, the decent guy in the corner..making sweeping judgements about all women and feeling sorry for himself. How about this.. if you're hiding in the corner sulking, maybe you only have yourself to blame for not being noticed.

Those guys are glossy magazines with colourful covers and the promise of a fun time

And I'm a book judged by it's cover, my pages left unturned. But a book if pages were turned you'd want to continue to read it.

But the throw away magazine is what girls go for.

Those guys are glossy magazines with colourful covers and the promise of a fun time

And I'm a book judged by it's cover, my pages left unturned. But a book if pages were turned you'd want to continue to read it.

How has your experience of online dating been by comparison?

Aye but who wants to be bored outta their tree on a night out,by someone who envisages themselves aa a book

The few times a year,that i would go out,its mainly for laugh with me matez and catch up and enjoyable buzz....not gonna entertain some sour puss of a young wan,who thinks she above having a laugh/joke

(dont actually do whole dating thing myself either tbf-effort of it)

Ya gotta let loose at some stage kid

He's back again with his sweeping statements. Face it Toby, your attitude is the problem. That's your 'cover', that's what you're putting out there. You're talking about women like we have one f*cking mind. You're saying we're not capable of seeing past the outer layer of anyone. Could you be more patronising? I think you'll find that all sorts of different women are attracted to all sorts of different men and if you're not managing to get any it's a reflection on you, not ALL women.

You sound like a child to be honest. This sort of poor me attitude shines brighter than any 'glossy magazine cover' and most women will see through you very quickly. Keep telling yourself your the good guy but your coming across right now like anything but.

He's back again with his sweeping statements. Face it Toby, your attitude is the problem. That's your 'cover', that's what you're putting out there. You're talking about women like we have one f*cking mind. You're saying we're not capable of seeing past the outer layer of anyone. Could you be more patronising? I think you'll find that all sorts of different women are attracted to all sorts of different men and if you're not managing to get any it's a reflection on you, not ALL women.

You sound like a child to be honest. This sort of poor me attitude shines brighter than any 'glossy magazine cover' and most women will see through you very quickly. Keep telling yourself your the good guy but your coming across right now like anything but.

I think this is a pretty harsh response.

I’ve had a similar experience the other way around. It’s not universally true that men prefer slim, conventionally attractive women, but it’s true a lot of the time m.

How has your experience of online dating been by comparison?

Not done it. Only site I was ever on was POF, and once you add a few filters you'd only come up with a few results, it's why on there I always ended up talking to women from the States, or Australia, or Uk so on. That site is ajoke in that you'll only be on it for 3 months and then you cant log in any more. Everyone says the same, accounts are deleted ongoing, and you can't sign up another.
    I don't use a smartphone, so I don't use dating apps.

Im a bit pished....but this seems harsh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Don't take yourself seriously. Go out enjoy yourself and if you meet someone, isn't that a bonus.

Not done it. Only site I was ever on was POF, and once you add a few filters you'd only come up with a few results, it's why on there I always ended up talking to women from the States, or Australia, or Uk so on. That site is ajoke in that you'll only be on it for 3 months and then you cant log in any more. Everyone says the same, accounts are deleted ongoing, and you can't sign up another.
    I don't use a smartphone, so I don't use dating apps.

Hmmm. This does make it seem like you’re limiting your possibilities. A friend of mine met her partner through Elite Singles and keeps going on at me to try it. I haven’t done it yet but I’m considering it and maybe you should too - they have a desktop site. Their selling point is that they lean toward an older and more well-educated demographic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you an introvert? It's harder for introverted men because the funny, outgoing ones are more noticeable. Group activities to expand your circle might be a better option if you're up for it.

Advertisement