Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

How intriguing. Were you naked in the snow downing vodka?

No, I got my hands on a postcard from Chernobyl...it was brought back from there by an aid driver..I took pics and posted them...it had been lying in an abandoned house for over 30 years...so that was most likely it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

New thread.

ThriftyUnimportantKite-size_restricted.gif

Nice smell of beef in the oven here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Agh I've to rake out and empty the fire ashes. I need my own ppe for this disgusting job.
    What's everyone else actually doing to pass the time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »
    Ooohhh new thread :)

That creature seems...... Familiar...... Somehow...... Has Auto borked the thread already? :p

Pic of that card from Chernobyl, Russian ex told me it was a happy Xmas postcard from 1982

• Advertisement

Agh I've to rake out and empty the fire ashes. I need my own ppe for this disgusting job.

Cooking, TV (both movies and news), internet, working on family projects
    sleeping and repeat. Not the best of routines, but at least it's a routine. Need more walks though. Mental health is good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Pic of that card from Chernobyl, Russian ex told me it was a happy Xmas postcard from 1982

Wow that is so interesting.

I am reading some, walking some, cooking and eating. Oh and learning French.

Widders I meant to reply to you yesterday when you said the ash from your fire gets everywhere and you have to sweep the room down every couple of days, in your hair etc.

You're quite right that is worrying. You need to get the stove looked at. Ash shouldn't be escaping like that. Is it just ash or smoke? Obviously goes without saying smoke is a huge concern but so is ash. The ash embers produce CO too. I remember a news story a couple of years ago about someone who would drop the ash into a bucket at the back door and when it was full empty it. It was producing lethal amounts of CO in the house. Maybe you won't be able to get anyone to look at it now but be very careful. Maybe leave a window open a small bit or something. And regardless of all that, after coming through Covid-19, definitely not a good time for you to be inhaling such things. Take care of yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, I'm cleansed, exfoliated and moisturised with expensive French skincare products and am now resplendent in my black attire. I shall now spend the rest of the day looming about mysteriously while attending to my various tasks. Now to medicate a pensioner and then a cat in the most broodily sophisticated manner possible.

• Advertisement

Kathleen, are you using an online resource to learn French? Would love to brush up and improve my very limited French.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside having a Sunday afternoon beer, it's feicking lovely as usually not able to partake of a Sunday due to early morning work commute on a Monday, no more of that on the horizon for a few weeks it seems.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Kathleen, are you using an online resource to learn French? Would love to brush up and improve my very limited French.

Just Duolingo. Brush up and we can help each other improve.
    I have learned so much. I can say
    I am a man. I am Mexican
    have a dog. I eat apples. The dog eats the croissant.
    RAGING I can't fly to France to say all that.

Still stuck to the couch. I have eaten two slices of buttery toast, two slices of last nights pizza, the rest of the choice balls, drank two cups of coffee. I was far from scrawny to begin with but that gap will be getting wider and wider thanks to Covid 19 the fecker.

GoneHome wrote: »
    Fireside having a Sunday afternoon beer, it's feicking lovely as usually not able to partake of a Sunday due to early morning work commute on a Monday, no more of that on the horizon for a few weeks it seems.

I miss my early Sunday evening pints. Supping a bottle of Canadian here waiting on the roast spuds to finish.

Just Duolingo. Brush up and we can help each other improve.
    I have learned so much. I can say
    I am a man. I am Mexican
    have a dog. I eat apples. The dog eats the croissant.
    RAGING I can't fly to France to say all that.

I'd like to meet this Mexican, dog owning apple cruncher who feeds his pooch croissants? Is he single?

I feel the touch of a headache coming on. Hopefully it's just too much screen time. Hope it's not the virus. I would hate to die before I write my kiss and tell memoirs.

the rest of the choice balls, /quote]

Ooooh Matron!

I'd like to meet this Mexican, dog owning apple cruncher who feeds his pooch croissants? Is he single?

:D
    He is single but he is lying about being male, Mexican and owning a croissant guzzling dog.

But hey. I do eat apples.

Still stuck to the couch. I have eaten two slices of buttery toast, two slices of last nights pizza, the rest of the choice balls, drank two cups of coffee. I was far from scrawny to begin with but that gap will be getting wider and wider thanks to Covid 19 the fecker.

Could be worse,I know someone who is still in bed but has made 5 trips to the kitchen, coffee made on each trip accompanied twice by apple tart, twice by a single Malted Milk biccie and once by a handful of Smarties from one of the big tube.🙄

• Advertisement

Could be worse,I know someone who is still in bed but has made 5 trips to the kitchen, coffee made on each trip accompanied twice by apple tart, twice by a single Malted Milk biccie and once by a handful of Smarties from one of the big tube.🙄

An actual duvet day then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I miss my early Sunday evening pints.

During the Summer hurling season I'd book the odd Monday off so I'd have no commute and nothing better than heading to the local to watch a hurling match, downing a few pints and enjoying the craic, home for dinner by 8, great day out. Hopefully we'll have that again once all this passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cooking, TV (both movies and news), internet, working on family projects
    sleeping and repeat. Not the best of routines, but at least it's a routine. Need more walks though. Mental health is good so far.

Im doing all but the tv, but thatd spend a good amount of ths extra time if only I could enjoy it. I cannot sit and watch it alone, and its hard to find anything I like. The old Irish clip you posted looked interesting but again I couldnt sit and watch.
    I'd like to improve my excruciating French (pronounciation is abysmal) but same problem as tv watching.
    Widders I meant to reply to you yesterday when you said the ash from your fire gets everywhere and you have to sweep the room down every couple of days, in your hair etc.

You're quite right that is worrying. You need to get the stove looked at. Ash shouldn't be escaping like that. Is it just ash or smoke? Obviously goes without saying smoke is a huge concern but so is ash. The ash embers produce CO too. I remember a news story a couple of years ago about someone who would drop the ash into a bucket at the back door and when it was full empty it. It was producing lethal amounts of CO in the house. Maybe you won't be able to get anyone to look at it now but be very careful. Maybe leave a window open a small bit or something. And regardless of all that, after coming through Covid-19, definitely not a good time for you to be inhaling such things. Take care of yourself!

Thanks. Cant work out if its purely from when logs are topped up and the embers and ash are disturbed, plus the emptying process every day...or if its leaking out invisibly all the time. I added new glass ropeto seal the glass inthe doors a while back. One side broke recently but the ash everywhere has been a problem for a long time before that.
    Well, I'm cleansed, exfoliated and moisturised with expensive French skincare products and am now resplendent in my black attire. I shall now spend the rest of the day looming about mysteriously while attending to my various tasks. Now to medicate a pensioner and then a cat in the most broodily sophisticated manner possible.
    :D I've gone the other way, my tastes have gradually un-gothed. Still think black is elegant, though.

An actual duvet day then.

Exactly but I'm kicking myself as I was really good all week, did loads of walking and wasn't too bad food wise and feel I've undone all the effort. I'll start again tomorrow lol.

On the plus side the rain is torrential here at the moment and I'm all cuddled up,its lovely.

Wow that is so interesting.

In so far as I'd like to know what happened to the family & Galina who sent it...will probably never know

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Exactly but I'm kicking myself as I was really good all week, did loads of walking and wasn't too bad food wise and feel I've undone all the effort. I'll start again tomorrow lol.

On the plus side the rain is torrential here at the moment and I'm all cuddled up,its lovely.

Cuddled up with who :eek:

Seph has been quiet ;)

In so far as I'd like to know what happened to the family & Galina who sent it...will probably never know

Exactly. Was the house just abandoned then?

Exactly. Was the house just abandoned then?

Yep... abandoned...trees growing thru it.. furniture, crockery etc all there...I guess they picked their suitcases up and just left

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Doing a bit of catch up on office stuff. Take my head off worrying about stuff. Going to make a nice dinner. Lots of fresh veg, potatoes and fish. And maybe a couple of glasses of red - havent had red in years.

I have really appreciated having the radio on in the background the last few weeks.

Just one thing though.

Like a Young Winowna Ryder......I want this to be blasted into orbit and then some so it never returns.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brought a rotisserie so might just have a chicken sandwich for dinner.

I'm trying to better my programming and problem solving skills computer-work-smiley-emoticon.gif as well as watching cat videos from Japan :3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement