Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It will be interesting to see how this works. For example with Nowtv you can have 4 devices on the one account just like what Disney is advertising but the catch is if you use your phone for Now TV and Chromecast to tv it actually counts the phone as one device and the Chromecast as the second device. You'd easily use 4 devices with just two people.

The main thing people need to remember with this is it's completely different from the Spotify set up.

I'm going to split it with my brother €30 quid each and it should work out ideal for us with kids. Splitting with people you don't know could potentially get messy. Like if someone puts it on the their TV and smartphone then that's 2 of the 4 devices gone. You'd need to agree that you only use one device.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Can use on up to 10 devices per account in USA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

jkbah wrote: »
    Can use on up to 10 devices per account in USA

It's the same for UK/Ireland 10 devices registered on your account applies to downloads on mobile devices but you can only have 4 streams running same time which means actual limit of 4 different devices in use same time when streaming

You can add 7 profiles to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Jofspring wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how this works. For example with Nowtv you can have 4 devices on the one account just like what Disney is advertising but the catch is if you use your phone for Now TV and Chromecast to tv it actually counts the phone as one device and the Chromecast as the second device. You'd easily use 4 devices with just two people.

The main thing people need to remember with this is it's completely different from the Spotify set up.

I'm going to split it with my brother €30 quid each and it should work out ideal for us with kids. Splitting with people you don't know could potentially get messy. Like if someone puts it on the their TV and smartphone then that's 2 of the 4 devices gone. You'd need to agree that you only use one device.
    Seems like an easy compromise for 15 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Seems like an easy compromise for 15 euro

It can definitely work just as long as everyone is aware of it going into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 dj_louth

I would be interested in Disney plus family plan and pay by revolut pm me if anyone has a place

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Looking for a spot
    Will pay via revolut
    Please dm
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Looking for a spot also
    Will pay via revolut or PayPal
    Will be installed on one device only
    I run a Spotify family here and am a part of a YouTube one, other lads can vouch for me!
    Please contact by PM
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Are there Android or iOS apps available for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

RonanC wrote: »

Nope

• Advertisement

RonanC wrote: »

App will be available March 24th for UK/Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

paulboland wrote: »
    App will be available March 24th for UK/Ireland

Thought they'd roll it out early, with some sort of preview loop running.

Signed up for the year earlier, and all I got was an email!
    Gimme something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Soarer wrote: »

Gimme something!!!

Are you charged from now?

You can only stream to 4 devices same time if some of you not aware

You can have upto 7 profiles on an account
    But not all 7 persons can stream same time

Those planning on setting up sharing login detaila to an account you need to remember the limit of 4 devices streaming same time

You can have multiple differennt devices registered but only 4 can be streaming same time.

In terms of downloading content for offline viewing max number of devices registered on a account is 10 this applies to downloaded content only

Ush1 wrote: »
    Are you charged from now?
    Yes payment is taken straight away when you sign up for Annual option of €59.99
    It will auto renew on March 24th 2021 at €69.99

If you sign up before March 24th the contract is for 1 year
    March 24th 2020 to March 23rd 2021

Access to services though wont start until March 24th as in you wont be able to login and use Disney + until March 24th launch day

Gimme something!!!

Disney + Launches on March 24th in UK/Ireland
    You will be able to login in and access Disney + content from March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

paulboland wrote: »
    Disney + Launches on March 24th in UK/Ireland
    You will be able to login in and access Disney + content from March 24th

Yeah, I know.

But....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone have any family spots? I'd like to join. Can pay by Paypal as gift or Revolute.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

I'd love a spot too if anyone had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

^
    Here's a spot, for anybody looking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Spot available , payment by revolut only

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Spot available , payment by revolut only

im interested i will pm you now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

My question is will we get the same amount of content as the US Disney or will be be restricted like Netflix.

Another 3 sports available, brother set up an account after i told him about the deal .

PM me , accpecting revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Another 3 sports available, brother set up an account after i told him about the deal .

PM me , accpecting revolt.

Be careful with this user I'm on his Spotify family and have been removed twice the first time he added me back as it was a mistake he said and just been removed again with nearly 8 weeks of a subscription left and already paid for

Edit: refund received for the reminder of the time but I'd not recommend this user as I'd prefer to still have it for the next few weeks

jonon9 wrote: »
    My question is will we get the same amount of content as the US Disney or will be be restricted like Netflix.

Wondering this too. I want to subscribe but they’re very sketchy on details still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Wondering this too. I want to subscribe but they’re very sketchy on details still.

This is why I would be very wary of joining a family group of this kind, the chances of being scammed out of your money is high.

NOT SAYING THIS USER IS...BUT 👀👀👀👀

campo wrote: »
    This is why I would be very wary of joining a family group of this kind, the chances of being scammed out of your money is high.

NOT SAYING THIS USER IS...BUT 👀👀👀👀

I wouldn’t entertain this family scam thing for any service with people I don’t know at all. Full price for a service is still better value than quarter price for nothing.

Conchurl wrote: »
    Be careful with this user I'm on his Spotify family and have been removed twice the first time he added me back as it was a mistake he said and just been removed again with nearly 8 weeks of a subscription left and already paid for

I removed you because I'm going on holiday and dont want the hassle of looking for someone while I'm away or comeback . I'll also refunding you the difference but you didn't mention that.

• Advertisement

I removed you because I'm going on holiday and dont want the hassle of looking for someone while I'm away or comeback . I'll also refunding you the difference but you didn't mention that.

If you’re just removing people when it suits your convenience then it would say even more that you should be avoided wouldn’t it?

What if this person wanted to keep the subscription rather than the refund? Did they get the option?

Advertisement