Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Ive ordered another pair, the gold ones. Hopefully work out for me. I loved them apart from the dropouts which were too frequent.

These arrived today. Had a quick go of them(in work). As before, I just love the fit of these. They sit into my ear really easily and make a good seal out of the box. The gold come with different size tips but the ones they come with are fine for me. They sound great with the bass and highs slightly forward without being out of control.

My one doubt is still whether they will have drop outs like before, something I will only find out with longer listening. I really hope they dont as I love everything else about them. The battery life is incredible with 14 hours now the stated play time and a total of 39 hours with the case!

I pray they dont have dropouts. Id nearly be embarrassed to contact their customer service again about it and ask for a refund( and return postage refund which cost €14 last time and which I had to claim separately for and fight for a bit)

Heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ordered another set of i5's on 21/8 for Mrs O, arrived today. Very quick service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

These arrived today. Had a quick go of them(in work). As before, I just love the fit of these. They sit into my ear really easily and make a good seal out of the box. The gold come with different size tips but the ones they come with are fine for me. They sound great with the bass and highs slightly forward without being out of control.

My one doubt is still whether they will have drop outs like before, something I will only find out with longer listening. I really hope they dont as I love everything else about them. The battery life is incredible with 14 hours now the stated play time and a total of 39 hours with the case!

I pray they dont have dropouts. Id nearly be embarrassed to contact their customer service again about it and ask for a refund( and return postage refund which cost €14 last time and which I had to claim separately for and fight for a bit)

Heres hoping.

I can't believe they made an issue out of the cost of return, that's bad form. They sent me a prepaid label when I sent the first pair back.

Fingers crossed you don't get the same issues as last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

Suckit wrote: »

Product no longer available from that particular seller.

But a pack of them arrived this morning.

Probably not suitable for most compact TWS charging cases as the buds won't fit in charging case with them on.

Anyone have a link to version with a smaller or tiny footprint, less than 11mm wide (outer measurement).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Ben Done wrote: »
    Sorry guys, have only read back a few pages.

Just wondering if there's any consensus on the best wireless earbuds under €50?

I saw the TISO i5s recommended earlier, but just wondering if an extra 25 quid or so would get a better set?

Edit: feck it, decided to look on Amazon.. ended up getting these on a lightning deal - came to £25

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PJVHZL8

IPX7 waterproof, and 4000mah charge case - seem well reviewed - will update after trying them..

Just to update.
    Tried these and found them very uncomfortable - will return, and have ordered a set of the i5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got my i5's the other day. The case is so dinky. About the size of a slightly squashed golf ball. Doesn't seem to be any difference in the actual earphones though. That stereo effect is still popping in and out. Would love to know if there's a setting to lock it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

I got Xiaomi Air Dots - bought 2 pairs.

I working grand but the other one the left one just isn't even switching on - no lights or anything.

Anyone have issues like this with them?

Thanks

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    I got Xiaomi Air Dots - bought 2 pairs.

I working grand but the other one the left one just isn't even switching on - no lights or anything.

Anyone have issues like this with them?

Redmi Airdots or Mi Airdots?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

The TaoTronics Soundsurge60 arrived today. The ANC is good but not spectacular but the fit is comfortable though it does get hot after an hour or so. Still very much like them for the price. Paid £37 earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Got my i5's the other day. The case is so dinky. About the size of a slightly squashed golf ball. Doesn't seem to be any difference in the actual earphones though. That stereo effect is still popping in and out. Would love to know if there's a setting to lock it in.

I have the i4’s and have had no issue at all. Fantastic earphones.

I was thinkin of getting a set of i5’s next.

Are they’d as good or have issues/problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Long time lurker on this thread. Thought I'd give my experience.

From reading people's reviews here, I pulled the trigger on the the i5's a while back from AliExpress.

They came promptly, well packaged and the charging case looked decent. Then I open the charging case and was disappointed to see one of the earbuds was clearly deformed from manufacture.

I tried the only working earbud to get a feel of the product. I was impressed with the quality.

Opened a dispute on AliExpress and AliExpress agreed to give me a full refund and keep the product.

I have since reordered the i5's again. Hopefully the next set will be fully functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have the i4’s and have had no issue at all. Fantastic earphones.

I was thinkin of getting a set of i5’s next.

Are they’d as good or have issues/problems?
    It’s not really an issue. The sound is great for the money but every now and then a kinda super stereo sound kicks in that gives it a bigger sound. I was just love to be able to flick between the 2. It’s just random at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

On the Taotronics BH-060.

I use Viper4Android to set my sound processing Prefs and have always found it to be a great way of enhancing the performance.

I decided during the week to get in touch with the developer on his telegram and get a .DDC file for those headphones.

The purpose of the .DDC is to give a software/processing fix that gives near reference baseline for speaker/headphone performance.

It cost €3 but the difference in audio performance and clarity is startling.

Totally cleans up and enhances the mid range and really enhances the headphone performance.

AFAIK Viper and by extension the .DDC files will only work on rooted devices but I'm happier than ever with my BH -060's now

Cheers for that. Ive ordered another pair, the gold ones. Hopefully work out for me. I loved them apart from the dropouts which were too frequent.

Took these for their first real test today. Went for a 40 minute walk and had at least 4 dropouts. 😩

I’ve sent Creative an email. Really disappointed as I love the fit and the sound. I’ll go through their check list first to see if it can be resolved but I’d imagine these will be going back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Took these for their first real test today. Went for a 40 minute walk and had at least 4 dropouts. 😩

I’ve sent Creative an email. Really disappointed as I love the fit and the sound. I’ll go through their check list first to see if it can be resolved but I’d imagine these will be going back again.

Sorry to hear that. What phone are you using then with as a matter of interest? Still never had a single drop out with my Oneplus 6T and Gamin Vivoactive 3 Music watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Would love to be brave enough to try these bad boys!

https://youtu.be/jLkiBqE2bAQ

Really interesting design.

garion wrote: »
    Would love to be brave enough to try these bad boys!

https://youtu.be/jLkiBqE2bAQ

Really interesting design.

^^^ Human Headphones in case anyone else is wondering?

garion wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. What phone are you using then with as a matter of interest? Still never had a single drop out with my Oneplus 6T and Gamin Vivoactive 3 Music watch.

I'm using a OnePlus 6T also. Haven't tried them with anything else but the previous pair I had the same issues with I used with the OnePlus plus an iPad with similar issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ Human Headphones in case anyone else is wondering?

Possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. Woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Amazon.de deal of the day on Taotronics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Was looking at the taotronics earbuds on amazon..... Struggling to find anyone delivering to Ireland. Is there a reason for this particularly, or has anyone else seen this?
    (Not pushed about fannying around with parcel motel or any of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Was looking at the taotronics earbuds on amazon..... Struggling to find anyone delivering to Ireland. Is there a reason for this particularly, or has anyone else seen this?
    (Not pushed about fannying around with parcel motel or any of that)

I got a pair shipped of these recently (assuming you're talking about the Bluetooth wired ones) and I've prime delivered with no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Beats X gone back to Amazon with a faulty power button.
    Wired EarPods lost.
    Xiaomi Airdots taking a month to get here.
    Anyone have cheap B&M recommendation? Lightning or Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It’s not really an issue. The sound is great for the money but every now and then a kinda super stereo sound kicks in that gives it a bigger sound. I was just love to be able to flick between the 2. It’s just random at the moment.

i got my i5s yesterday.... first impressions are great for the money, although for some reason when i connect it to my mac the sound distorts... need to figure out why

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Beats X gone back to Amazon with a faulty power button.
    Wired EarPods lost.
    Xiaomi Airdots taking a month to get here.
    Anyone have cheap B&M recommendation? Lightning or Bluetooth.

I'm in a similar position.
    My JBL Reflect Mini 2's stopped working.
    I bought a pair of the creative outlier one plus but they keep falling out of my ear (never really had this problem before with earphones) The remote control piece is quite heavy which doesnt help so in the process of returning them..
    Awaiting delivery of Airdots aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

corkie wrote: »
    Redmi Airdots or Mi Airdots?

Sorry just seeing your post now - Redmi Air dots - I got them working now though - love them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ImARebel wrote: »
    I got a pair shipped of these recently (assuming you're talking about the Bluetooth wired ones) and I've prime delivered with no issue

No, was why 'true wireless' buds I was looking at. I ordered one of the other sets, BT/wired, but very hard to get the fully wireless buds shipped here for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Ordered i5's in July. Arrived in country on 12th Aug and the local post office on 19th Aug. Still no sign of them so I raised a report with AE who said sit tight it's still under delivery time.

Any suggestions what to do from here? Don't imagine the post office still have them a month on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Ordered i5's in July. Arrived in country on 12th Aug and the local post office on 19th Aug. Still no sign of them so I raised a report with AE who said sit tight it's still under delivery time.

Any suggestions what to do from here? Don't imagine the post office still have them a month on?

I've had some Chinese stuff that was handed over to AnPost on the 27/7 and was delivered on Friday.
    Not a lot you can do in any case other than wait until its outside of Ali's delivery window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

banie01 wrote: »
    I've had some Chinese stuff that was handed over to AnPost on the 27/7 and was delivered on Friday.
    Not a lot you can do in any case other than wait until its outside of Ali's delivery window.

Ok thanks. What's it doing during that time does anyone know?

Advertisement