Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huge savings on HP printer at Argos!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 louloubelle

And here was me thinking I was on to a good thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Well, there's a lot more to be saved than on Amazon.uk. :)

RRP: £39.99
    Price: £39.95 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
    You Save: £0.04

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Deskjet-3050-All-in-One-Printer/dp/B0043XYYGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299597712&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

whichever ejit working in marketing in argos that advertised this, should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elite_Etnisa

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    whichever ejit working in marketing in argos that advertised this, should be shot.

that ejit is called computer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

None in Sligo :)

Probably a run on Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

It's €49.99 (possibly down from €50) in Easons - where I bought one recently. Not a bad printer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

While printers are being discussed, whats the cheapest way of bulk printing from computer. Are laser printer cheap these days and how much to print an A4 sheet in b&w

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

AhrSkidar wrote: »
    It's €49.99 (possibly down from €50) in Easons - where I bought one recently. Not a bad printer

I paid the same in Tesco about 3 weeks ago, so far no issues with quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have one my self great printer but does anyone know where I can get a plug for it because my cat distorted it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

While printers are being discussed, whats the cheapest way of bulk printing from computer. Are laser printer cheap these days and how much to print an A4 sheet in b&w
    laser is way cheaper then inkjet

look up prices of consumables, toner can vary from a tenner to two hundred (HP photoconductor etc - but can be cheap on ebay ) check also cost of drum if doing a lot ( 100,000's ) of pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

hmmmz, cost of ink \/
    http://www.hpshop.ie/products.asp?partno=CH561EE
    http://www.hpshop.ie/products.asp?partno=CH562EE%23ABE

Not great, but I suppose it could be worse, lol. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Guys, HP printer are decent and all, but the cost of the ink is a SHAM!

So, I got a good combi scanner/printer off ebay for €55 incl p&p

Its a Brother one. I searched by model because the ink carts are £1 EACH! :D

Moral of the story: Research ink prices then shop by brand/model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Have it from the horses mouth (cartridge refill places) is to get an old HP or Canon laser and refill your toner cartridge.

There are some pretty good prices on Samsung lasers new (cheapest colour laser I've seen) but they aren't refillable yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I was going to buy this printer when Tesco put them on sale for €49.99 at the start of the month. However, with a bit of research I ended up buying the Epson SX515w from Argos, down from €129.99 to €74.99.

I estimated my running costs for both manufacturer and 3rd party inks and in both cases the HP worked more expensive, unless you're planning on printing less than a few hundred pages over it's lifetime. If this is the case, it's cheaper to use an Internet café anyway :)

Advertisement