Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Back in work. Joy to the world! Said no one ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Another 14 hour day yesterday but the skies were clear and blue, we actually had a hitchhiker who wanted to come with us. These guys look cute but they consume their own body weight daily, so when there are millions of them, they decimate farmland. Right now they are a huge problem in east Africa, and are jumping across the Red Sea to Arabia.

515195.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I’m amazed that ireland is hot enough to cause heat stroke to dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Started my diet today. Onwards and upwards to infinity and beyond! Looking forward to being healthier again. I'll probably crash in a couple of days once I run out of my gorge reserves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think my wife has fallen in love with Yerman from Normal People.
    I need to get down to argos and pick myself up a cheap man's necklace. That will win her back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

kowloon wrote: »
    Have quite the headache at the moment. I'd almost consider less caffeine, but... no.

I thought caffeine was good for headaches. I know after a lumbar puncture they say you should drink caffeine drinks to help with headache.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at home, marking student class assignments. Oh joy of joys!! :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside at home, marking student class assignments. Oh joy of joys!! :rolleyes::pac:

Snap! I made the mistake of trying to quantify everything I have to mark this month, and between undergrad and postgrad essays and undergrad dissertations I have close to 300,000 words to get through. If you hear about a murder rampage in the South East in the next few weeks you know who's responsible...

On the plus side I just had my last online class of the term (attendance: 10%), so I am currently sitting with a bowl of ice cream to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    On the plus side I just had my last online class of the term (attendance: 10%), so I am currently sitting with a bowl of ice cream to celebrate.

How difficult is it to attend an online class?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How difficult is it to attend an online class?!

Can be with schools and crèches/ baby sitter all off
    But 10% sounds very low

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Groggy, it's kind of a nice place to be all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fireside, smiling. Watching two kittens play fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I spent all day in my home office/work station/tech desk/edit suite. It was all of these things in a box room.:eek: Cleaned out unnecessary crap and personal stuff like pics and silly ornaments. I did a kind of feng shui thing on it. It's now just a production space and a very spacious one too. Actually very nice to sit in. All I need now is some work to do in it.:o I also reorganised gear and flight cases and I'm now reformatting hard drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

cj maxx wrote: »
    Can be with schools and crèches/ baby sitter all off
    But 10% sounds very low

These are third level/university 1st years, zero mature students, so I think/hope children are a problem for very few! Their contact hours were reduced from 4 hours to 50 mins hours a week, so I dunno...

I have given up on everything and am going to go explore the woods with the dog. Not a bad evening here at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Another package arrived today :)

Sun is trying to break through the clouds here :)

Fireside, smiling. Watching two kittens play fighting.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Cleaning up my desktops on work screens and personal screens. What a rivetting time I'm having. What day is it? It's Thursday isn't it? Okay to have a beer. Got some bottles of Molson today after finding just one last night. The Tech desk will be referred to from here on in as the Production Space.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Pics or it didn't happen.

Im not that grumpy.

Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Spent alot of the day in the home office but got a rake of work done so tomorrow should be just a check in day. Currently couchside, fire lighting, looking out at the miserable weather, bit of reading for an hour or two and an early night I think.

Im not that grumpy.

Haha!

Show me the kitties gawdamit! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Exciting evening of ironing begins....

Sardonicat wrote: »

Pics or it didn’t happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Autosport wrote: »
    Pics or it didn’t happen :D
    I wish it didn't have to happen :(

This is for you Sar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi di hi , tis a cool evening , well I'm cold anyway !
    Have a lovely evening you nice people:)

Kitchenside. Very cold here too Mam. Damp cold. Fires might be lit cold.

For some reason my neighbours picked this evening to have a BBQ and make a tonne of noise, can't even be annoyed because 1. they're really really nice and 2. not a peep out of them the entire lockdown. I need call in and show them how its supposed to be done :p

Time for some jameson and coke

Because,fcuk it,why not

One of my cats has arrived in smelling of muck spreading. She's clean, but I think her coat has absorbed the smell. No lap time for her this evening.

One of my cats has arrived in smelling of muck spreading. She's clean, but I think her coat has absorbed the smell. No lap time for her this evening.

The oul muck spreading is a feckin smelly affair. Started here on yesterday morning and only eased up this morning. Luckily the weather was crap. You wouldn't sit out the back garden in it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »

I hope you're ironing your bedding. :cool:

What a damp squib of a day, I want the sun back please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement