Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much I could ask for a rarely used pair of Sony WF-1000X wireless buds?

I bought them from Sony as refurb about 18 months ago but I'd say I have put less than 10hrs use on them.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32945669829.html
    https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%201092134.html
    https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/c/phones-accessories/s/sony-wf-1000x

Might be worth putting them up for €80 and accepting offers. Two very low asking prices on Shpock there, and two average asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

What's the quality of phone calls like, looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones that have a good quality mic and mainly ones that could still have decent quality when outside in the elements when talking?

Pretty good. I've asked a few people for feedback during calls and everyone has said the quality is good, basically the same as if I was talking to them via a phone. I could hear everyone very well too. Can activate ambient sound feature during calls so you can hear yourself speak (basically to stop yourself from speaking too loudly)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I got the Creative Outlier One V2 on recommendation here, thanks. Quite happy with them. I've connected them to my phone no bother, but I can't seem to get them going on my Windows 7 PC. I've paired them successfully to the PC and they're showing up in Bluetooth devices. But they're not showing up under playback devices, so I can't select them, can anyone help please? See attachment.

I've show disabled and show disconnect devices selected too, and still not showing up.

[Edit] I think it's my Bluetooth drivers not letting a Bluetooth headset act as a playback device. Nothing to do with these particular headphones, no worries.

Blade wrote: »
    I got the Creative Outlier One V2 on recommendation here, thanks. Quite happy with them. I've connected them to my phone no bother, but I can't seem to get them going on my Windows 7 PC. I've paired them successfully to the PC and they're showing up in Bluetooth devices. But they're not showing up under playback devices, so I can't select them, can anyone help please? See attachment.

I've show disabled and show disconnect devices selected too, and still not showing up.
    How did you pair them? From when they were powered off?
    Did you hold the main button until it was flashing red/pink/blue/red/pink/blue etc. and then back to windows to pair it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Sent you PM Suckit, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm in the market for a set of Bluetooth earphone or headphones.

Currently have Mobi Mountains Cool Cans that I got free from Vodafone about 3nor 4 years ago, noticing the battery doesn't last as long lately, will keep them for the gym but want to get something for running (1/2/3 hrs continuous)

Bought a pair of over the ear hooked wireless earphones off Amazon but just created a returns. Disconnected twice on run today and not great quality. They were 25 pound half price.

I also have iw12 fake airpods, grand for gym and walks but wouldn't trust them running. Also not a fan of standard Apple style earphones as they fall out easily compared to others.

I had Huawei sports buds (the ones with the wire behind the neck) up on til last week and I found the battery life and music quality brilliant. The wire itself kept pulling against my neck and every few mins running an earbud would fall out. Annoying.

As you can see im very picky :D willing to try in ear completely wireless or light wireless headphones. The cheaper the better (that's probably my reason for not finding a decent pair atm in fairness!!) but willing to spend for the right pair.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

rizzee wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a set of Bluetooth earphone or headphones.

Currently have Mobi Mountains Cool Cans that I got free from Vodafone about 3nor 4 years ago, noticing the battery doesn't last as long lately, will keep them for the gym but want to get something for running (1/2/3 hrs continuous)

Bought a pair of over the ear hooked wireless earphones off Amazon but just created a returns. Disconnected twice on run today and not great quality. They were 25 pound half price.

I also have iw12 fake airpods, grand for gym and walks but wouldn't trust them running. Also not a fan of standard Apple style earphones as they fall out easily compared to others.

I had Huawei sports buds (the ones with the wire behind the neck) up on til last week and I found the battery life and music quality brilliant. The wire itself kept pulling against my neck and every few mins running an earbud would fall out. Annoying.

As you can see im very picky :D willing to try in ear completely wireless or light wireless headphones. The cheaper the better (that's probably my reason for not finding a decent pair atm in fairness!!) but willing to spend for the right pair.

Thanks.

Samsung buds down to €119 in most places.

For the cheaper option, like a few people with these and they say they're very good given their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

JCDUB wrote: »
    I bought these and received them last week. Anker Soundcore Q20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X5WB31T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't fault them so far. Nice and comfortable, good sound, fairly decent noise cancellation, although this was not a priority for me and I don't really have anything to compare them to. Battery life so far excellent.

I think only silver available, I would have preferred black but makes no odds really.

Also they are bigger than other over-ear types I've seen. Again a very minor issue really.

Also bought these for running. Anker Soundbuds Slim.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N8RYGC4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had terrible trouble with earphones staying in while walking/cycling/running. These were no different at first but I've been playing around with different ear hook sizes (there are three) and the actual little bud bit that goes in your ear hole (also three) and they're much better now, staying in place for the duration of a 35 minute run.

You just have to work out whatever works for your ears.

Sound is a bit tinny compared to the ones above but that's to be expected, comparing in-ear with over-ear noise cancelling. Battery good so far too.

Overall I'd recommend them for active use. Sound connoisseurs probably wouldn't find them all that appealing. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Happy listening, and thanks for advice here!

bought a pair of the Anker Soundcore Q20s..... have to say they are very good value for money... recommeded!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

How bad could these Tiso i6's be for $17?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

54and56 wrote: »

They are ok for the price of it. Dont expect anything fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

https://9to5google.com/2020/05/06/huawei-freebuds-3i/

Apple copy but better priced than apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What are the best sounding Airpod Pro clones on Ali express or similar?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

coldfire1x wrote: »
    They are ok for the price of it. Dont expect anything fancy.

The Tiso i4 /i5/i6 have been a regular appearance on this thread. I have the i4 which has push button and I find them comfy and the sound is decent, not amazing. Odd drop in connection in the left ear.

The i6 is touch sensitive button and closed case which is an improvement, and I believe the connection is more stable, however odd person has complained about pairing issues, but majority are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The Tiso i4 /i5/i6 have been a regular appearance on this thread. I have the i4 which has push button and I find them comfy and the sound is decent, not amazing. Odd drop in connection in the left ear.

The i6 is touch sensitive button and closed case which is an improvement, and I believe the connection is more stable, however odd person has complained about pairing issues, but majority are happy.

I have the i4 and i5. Both are very good earphones for the money. Pairing is a pain in the arse but once you figure out the pattern it’s grand.

If I needed another set of Bluetooth earphones I’d buy these again or the i6 without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

i have tiso i5's and i6's . the battery doesn't last very long (about 2 hrs) compared to the i6's (close to 6). Not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Galaxy Buds plus in white on sale on Amazon for £119. £126 for black version.

Great price for recently released buds. I'm tempted even though I own some other brands.

Edit: works out at a little over £122 when adjusted for Irish vat. Think I’ll pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

54and56 wrote: »

Big delays reported on shipping from China!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

prodsc wrote: »
    Big delays reported on shipping from China!!

Someone's always reporting that, my china orders always take an age and it's more of a report when they arrive quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

adox wrote: »

Great price for recently released buds. I'm tempted even though I own some other brands.

Edit: works out at a little over £122 when adjusted for Irish vat. Think I’ll pull the trigger.

I had bought the black ones the previous day for 130, the white ones at the time where 140 saw this the following day at 120 so cancelled my order and bought these... Refund went into account straight away usually takes a week or so.. These ones are also sold by amazon so should have no issues returning if you have issues or you don't like them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How do you find the 1:1 AirPod copies on Alliexpress?! Looking for ones that have the AirPod box too...anyone recommend some listings? Thanks

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    How do you find the 1:1 AirPod copies on Alliexpress?! Looking for ones that have the AirPod box too...anyone recommend some listings? Thanks
    Search for the i500 with the H1 chip AP2/AP3
    Even just searching the H1 chip should show some results. Try DHGate, Aliexpress and Amazon, ebay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

adox wrote: »

11 days later and my buds are due to arrive tomorrow..............but they haven't even been shipped ..

Other parcels I've ordered after this have arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

I've the Tiso i5 and lost the manual. I've somehow managed to unpair the earbuds so only one works at a time. Any idea how I reset them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

How to reset! 'Tiso i5' because instructions are not clear.
    • Put both in the charger.
    • Take out the right and put to your ear, press button and listen till it turns off.
    • Take out the left and do the same.
    • Now press the button on them both at the same time, until the light turns darker/brighter red. Both should now be off.
    • Turn them both back on at the one at a time. And one should stop flashing. What ever is flashing is the master.
    • They should be flashing, click one of them whichever you want as master.
    • And re-pair to phone,as resetting may mess with phone settings.
    Edit: - Make sure BT is off on your phone/device so not to interfere with process.
    smndly wrote: »
    I've the Tiso i5 and lost the manual. I've somehow managed to unpair the earbuds so only one works at a time. Any idea how I reset them?

Old post but the process should be the same. I lost my left i5 bud at Christmas.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Suckit wrote: »
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32945669829.html
    https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%201092134.html
    https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/c/phones-accessories/s/sony-wf-1000x

Might be worth putting them up for €80 and accepting offers. Two very low asking prices on Shpock there, and two average asking.

I had a set and prices them at €100. Couldn't shift them. I used them once. Kept dropping the price and eventually someone got them for €75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 hohohoman

Galaxy Bud? :D You should try Sabbat wireless earphones....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Are the Jabra Elite Sport good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073S9QQXH/

Seems to be down quite a bit today ... only downside I can see is the fitness tracking doesn't integrate into Google Fit, which would be my main fitness tracking solution at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Short answer is Yes, but long answer is No. They sound pretty good (though not maybe as good as other upper end units) and are incredibly secure in the ear, particularly when running etc. They will not budge at all.

My gripe is that they keep breaking. I have them for 2 years now, and have had to have them replaced, one or both ear pods every 4-6 months. Same pattern, one side loses volume for a few days, then stops altogether. They have just gone again last Friday, so i have to call Jabra support again. Who are very good, they simply replace them without quibble. Would i recommend them to someone ? Without the unreliability, Yes, but the constant failures must make them a No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I was badly in need of a pair of wireless earphones for running. Couldnt hold out for an amazon delivery and avoided Currys based on my recent experiences with DPD.
    Opted for a pair of the Creative outliers air from Power City. Ordered yesterday afternoon, delivered this morning!
    https://powercity.ie/product/92647
    First impression, they feel comfortable and secure in the ear. Looking forward to taking them for a test run.

Advertisement