Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on renting in Dublin

• 12-08-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend have been sharing an apartment with 2 single guys for the past few years, but we are now looking at getting our own place. We have lived on the South side of the county since we moved to Dublin.

We both recently got good jobs: me around the Harcourt St. area and her in the Sandyford Ind Estate so our obvious number 1 concern is living in an area accessible to both within a reasonable time. The second concern is price. We have a joint net salary of €4k per month. What would be considered a reasonable amount to spend on rent out of this? Bearing in mind that we would like to start saving towards a deposit with a view to getting a mortgage in the next 2-3 years. We don't want to be throwing away money either. Not looking for much, a 1 or 2 bed apartment with a parking space would be perfect.

Can anyone recommend locations that would suit our needs? Not necessarily any particular houses/apartments, but just general areas to look at? Everywhere in the South of the county just seems to be that little bit too expensive.

Comments

Advertisement