Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beyond burgers

• 01-05-2021 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can buy Beyond Burgers?

They were in Tesco but are not in stock since Brexit.

I went to Iceland Tallaght and Lidl and none there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Xlaxeo wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can buy Beyond Burgers?

They were in Tesco but are not in stock since Brexit.

I went to Iceland Tallaght and Lidl and none there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Herself got them today. I don’t remember the last time I’ve had them to be honest. When I speak to her, I’ll let you know.

Edit - “evergreen”

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

Is this Evergreen in Galway? They don't seem to have locations in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Can't find them in Cork anywhere either. No sign of them when searching online shopping for Tesco and Super Valu. Should have stocked up :(

Xlaxeo wrote: »
    Is this Evergreen in Galway? They don't seem to have locations in Dublin

I sent you a pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just everygreen and kildare farm foods that I know of atm. Nowhere around dublin seems to have any. Those places also have the sausages and mince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I usually just wack a can of chickpeas and guava beans in the food processor, make them into patties and they do be just as good and a million times cheaper

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I usually just wack a can of chickpeas and guava beans in the food processor, make them into patties and they do be just as good and a million times cheaper

I don't think that will give the beefy/meaty taste some are looking for :)

Burgers were never something I really ate so not something I've been trying to replicate but have found a few recipes making them with beans so might give one like yours a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

I was cooking for a vegetarian a while ago and heard they were good and I actually got them in my local Supervalu so it's worth trying there.
    Gotta say they are really lovely alright, I was well impressed.
    I know you didn't ask about this but Linda McCartney ones are easier got if you're stuck, they're on sale everywhere or buy the veggie mince and then add your own onions and seasoning/spices and form the burgers yourself if you find hers a bit bland, could be worth a shot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Her burgers are really great and much cheaper, very "meaty".

Especially the “pulled pork” burger. Half the price.

• Advertisement

Not suitable for Vegans however last time I checked, not vegan myself but the missus is.

The Denny burgers aren't bad, but not as nice as the beyond.

Vivera range also gone from Tesco.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Not suitable for Vegans however last time I checked, not vegan myself but the missus is.

The Denny burgers aren't to bad, but not as nice as the beyond.

There are two types, one has mozzarella in the middle and that is vegetarian, the other is a regular burger and that is vegan (says vegetarian on it though). 2 for €2.29 or something like that.

Vivera were very popular at Tesco, always sold out but they still removed them, don't know what was up with that.

The Denny burgers aren't bad, but not as nice as the beyond.

https://lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/our-food/vegan-range/

The vegetarian 1/4 pounder & pulled pork 1/4 pounder are “vegan approved”

There are two types, one has mozzarella in the middle and that is vegetarian, the other is a regular burger and that is vegan (says vegetarian on it though). 2 for €2.29 or something like that.

Vivera were very popular at Tesco, always sold out but they still removed them, don't know what was up with that.

Ah O.K., they only ever have the mozzarella ones in our nearest supervalu and tesco.

Did try the pulled pork but personally wasn't a fan, but that's the same with actual pulled pork.

As for Vivera, not sure if it's just in the republic that they stopped selling their range in or if they also stopped in the north, but they are still selling the range in the rest of the U.K.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    https://lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/our-food/vegan-range/

The vegetarian 1/4 pounder & pulled pork 1/4 pounder are “vegan approved”

Thanks, do like the sausage rolls and sfc alternatives, but have seen none of the other range locally.

Thanks, do like the sausage rolls and sfc alternatives, but have seen none of the other range locally.

If you have an evergreen near you they might have them?

If you have an evergreen near you they might have them?

Aren't they only in Galway or am I thinking of a different crowd?

Aren't they only in Galway or am I thinking of a different crowd?

Sorry, just looked it up there you’re right. I would of thought they were nationwide.

You can travel wherever you want today, sure drive to Galway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I find anything from Linda McCartney gives me incredible gas for at least 24h afterwards.

Thanks to the poster above with the chickpea pattie recipe, they sound quality.

• Advertisement

Thanks to the poster above with the chickpea pattie recipe, they sound quality.

Similar one here https://avirtualvegan.com/zesty-black-bean-burgers-2/
    I haven't made it yet myself but I intend to :)

Oh also if anyboyd you has a business acc, or you can just make one, wholesalers in dublin would sell them.

Sorry, just looked it up there you’re right. I would of thought they were nationwide.

No problem, they are good and it's a pity that they aren't stores outside Galway.
    You can travel wherever you want today, sure drive to Galway. :)

Her cousins can courier them over :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Back in stock in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi Xlaxeo. Maybe SuperValu?

The BB are excellent. Also v. high in protein. :-)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement