Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good family films

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm of the opinion deadpool is more family friendly than infinity war. :p
    FYI; “Once Upon a Deadpool” is a PG-13 version :pac:

=-=

I don't have kids, but the following are all feel good non-violent films

The Secret Life of Pets 1 & 2
    How to Train Your Dragon (all of them)
    Trolls
    The Polar Express (although more of an xmas movie)

Also, consider the "Scooby-Doo" cartoon films - seriously, there are load of these! They are mostly straight-to-DVD releases, at least once a year.

• "home" is one of the best animated movies I have watched with the kids in recent years. Perfectly voiced by Sheldon from Big Bang Theory too. Somehow it rarely gets mentioned on threads like this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭fits

Wall-E is another great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Thought "Zootropolis" and "Wreck it Ralph" were two of the better animation films in the last few years. Good family entertainment.

They will love Ralph breaks the internet if they like wreck it ralph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Big
    Splash
    The Toy
    ET
    Turner and Hooch
    Brewster’s billions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Brave lovely film with a strong female lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Why not get them into a box set? Friend of mine does that and they do one or two episodes depending on the length of the show. They are watching The Little House on the Prarie on youtube atm and it is an astonishing hit -boys and girls (&on yourtube so free!) And its incredible the family leasons,hearttugging stories,fun and heartwarming stories it has. Plus you get into the characters -and get into the whole thing!I'm invited often and its anazing to see modern kids enjoy it so.much and talk about how things were back then etc. The same stories are still relevnt today - wanting pets, having to do chores/homework, family time and scenarios, running wild outdoora, illness and health, annoying friends and how to deal with them etc.

The other big box set hit with the kids (aged 4 -9) was All Creatures Great and Small - surprisingly!!! The daily troals of a vet practice in yorkshire! Dogs,ducks,cows pooing on people - wonky old 1920's cars - all kind of fun. It was a long running series for years on the BBC and you can get it n libraries on Golden Discs. Might be worth consideration as well as any of the Brown Bag Films and shorts.

Advertisement