Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 bikes, powermeter for sale (other stuff too)

Options
  • 08-06-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm pricing these aggressively and don't intend to haggle. Items located in Newry/Donabate. Really looking for collection only.

For info I'm 5 10, so i'll describe how the bike fits me for comparative purposes.

I'll do 4 separate posts below for each bike and then other stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Trek 6500 26in hardtail mtb with 100mm of travel. Bought new at the end of 2010. Has never seen mad amounts of use. It is 3x9 with deore xt rear mech, deore levers, slx chainset. It is running a 2.4 continental x king up front and 2.25 on-one smorgasbord in the rear. SPDs included.

Thrown into the deal will be a rigid carbon fork, new unused unfitted chainrings (32 and 22t), new unused unfitted bb, two spare tubes. And a 32t on one singlespeed ring. Just found the original bontrager 2.25 tires. Nice and lightweigh in comparison to the heavy duty ones I currently have shod on the bike.

Bike is in good condition, gears and brakes work well but I think the chainrings need replaced at this stage. Plenty of life in the bb and no chain stretch to speak of. No play in the wheels but I know that there is some pitting in the bearings.

I crashed it a year ago and broke the avid brake lever. It was replaced by a cheapish clarks hydraulic lever and piston. Reach and shape of the lever is very similar to the avid lever on the other side of the bars.

Fork was serviced a few years ago by greenbikes in Newry. Hasn't seen much use since.

A great bike to get started mtbing or use as a winter bike on the trails (particularly with rigid fork). I feel I am at the upper range of size for this bike and would say it fits people from 5 6 to 5 10.

€350

Focus Mares CX bike. I feel this bike is just within my size range. I'd say 5 9 to 6 2 would fit on it.

I've set this bike up a bit unique but it is my preferred set up for cyclocross. It is a single ring set up for mud clearance but uses two chainguards so that the chain never comes off. 11-28 cassette.

Also it is a ShimErgo set up. I use 10 speed campagnolo veloce levers with a shimano ultegra derailleur. This works perfectly but you must use an 8 speed cassette. The wider spaces in the cassette also mean better gear functioning as there is less mud building up in it.

I have a lightweight and supple clement pdx 33mm front clincher tire with latex inner tube. Honestly reckon its performance is as good as my fancy tubs. On the rear I've got a 31mm vittoria clincer. The narrow rear really improves tire clearance.

The brakes are semi hydraulic TRP spyres. Easy to maintain because they are cable actuated but you get the benefit of the hydraulic pistons so they compress and release evenly on both sides of the rotor.

Ultegra 6600 172.5mm chainset 130 bcd. SPDs included.

Will throw in a practically unused veloce front derailleur.

Price €650

Can include a compact shimano chainset 46/34 for an additional €25

Turbo and turbo bike

My old Felt f75 frame paired with an old steel 26in fork. This bike can only be used on the turbo as it has no headset or brakes.

Shimano tiagra 3x9 levers. Rubber on one of the hoods is slightly ripped.
    Tiagra rear derailleur
    105 front derailluer
    105 53/39 chainset
    Shimano pedals
    Clip on tri bars

Basic cycleops mag+ trainer. COmes with remote shifter to adjust the resistance while sitting on the bike.

Two things in the picture will not be included. The bar end shifter and no seat post. A saddle will be provided.

One thing to note is because I've paired triple shifters with a double chainset, you must be sensitive changing to the big ring. It works fine for turboing, but would be a pain in the arse on the road.

Also included is a polar power meter proxy computer. It measures power by proxying from chain speed. I got it second hand here and never spent much time setting it up as I bought a power meter soon after to transfer between bikes. Needs new batteries though.

€150

Garmin vector 2 dual sided power pedals.

Bought new in August 2017. Haven't been used since August 2018.

€500

Commuting 26in dynamo wheelset. Vuelta Quatro rims on a deore rear hub and shimano DH-3N31 front dynamo hub. (135mm rear to be clear). Wheels are true, bearings in great condition and very little wear on the rims.

Comes with schwalbe marathon 1.75 mounted on the rear and schwalbe city jet 1.5 on the front. I'd be changing the front soon if I were still using these.

Will include 2 unused schwalbe marathon 1.5 tires and two spare tubes, along with a new unused schwalbe city jet 1.5. Also included is an axa front headlight. 25 lux I believe. It is currectly wired to a b&m sidewall dynamo, so I guess that is included as well.

€150

• Advertisement

Front tubular cx wheel and tub. It is an old mavic tubular rim mounted to a shiny unbranded hub. FMB supermud tubular stuck on.

Honestly, wheel is true and bearings are great but it is a good bit heavier than my race wheels. The tub has been used for many seasons and I just felt it was starting to lose a little grip. Glen Kinning talks about it here and how to prolong the life out of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JojdYto-jU

If you're dipping you're toe in cyclocross and have a cantilever bike, buy this wheel. You'll be amazed at how low you can run the pressure and increase the grip in comparison to clinchers. €40

Brand new unused, unmounted FMB supermud tubular. €40

Tacx rollers. These work great but are a little noisy. There is a clacking noise that comes from the bearings and this seems to be a fairly common occurance when I googled it. Does not affect the performance or functioning, but will not give you the silent treatment if that's what you need for indoor training. €75

Vision draft legal clip on tri bars. New and unused. Great for draft legal triathlon or for your local club TT as they are designed for you not to adjust your road bike position. €40
    https://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m7b511s422p45787/Vision_Team_TT_Mini_Clip-On_Bars/RS_GB/120724?gclid=CjwKEAjwue3nBRCCyrqY0c7bw2wSJACSlmGZKuARQ8y1d2aiEsWnCOtBH0mUKEnwUD8RWHkeBbk-WxoCVinw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Euppy wrote: »
    Trek 6500 26in hardtail mtb with 100mm of travel. Bought new at the end of 2010. Has never seen mad amounts of use. It is 3x9 with deore xt rear mech, deore levers, slx chainset. It is running a 2.4 continental x king up front and 2.25 on-one smorgasbord in the rear. SPDs included.

Thrown into the deal will be a rigid carbon fork, new unused unfitted chainrings (32 and 22t), new unused unfitted bb, two spare tubes. And a 32t on one singlespeed ring. Just found the original bontrager 2.25 tires. Nice and lightweigh in comparison to the heavy duty ones I currently have shod on the bike.

Bike is in good condition, gears and brakes work well but I think the chainrings need replaced at this stage. Plenty of life in the bb and no chain stretch to speak of. No play in the wheels but I know that there is some pitting in the bearings.

I crashed it a year ago and broke the avid brake lever. It was replaced by a cheapish clarks hydraulic lever and piston. Reach and shape of the lever is very similar to the avid lever on the other side of the bars.

Fork was serviced a few years ago by greenbikes in Newry. Hasn't seen much use since.

A great bike to get started mtbing or use as a winter bike on the trails (particularly with rigid fork). I feel I am at the upper range of size for this bike and would say it fits people from 5 6 to 5 10.

€350

Would you sell the rigid fork separately?

Would you sell the rigid fork separately?

I'll leave it a week and see if someone is interested in the whole package. I'm trying to get rid of all this stuff in big chunks. But if after a week no interest in everything, I'd consider it.

What would you offer for it?

I'll leave it a week and see if someone is interested in the whole package. I'm trying to get rid of all this stuff in big chunks. But if after a week no interest in everything, I'd consider it.

What would you offer for it?

That sounds fair.

Put your price on it at end of week if lot doesn't sell and we will go from there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I'd like the tri bars as long as they are 30.6mm?

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    I'd like the tri bars as long as they are 30.6mm?

They are 31.8mm. What is called oversize, but this is probably standard at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

They are 31.8mm. What is called oversize, but this is probably standard at this stage.

Thats what I said

(just spelled it wrong ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm interested in the rigid carbon forks, if you decide to split that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Turbo and turbo bike

My old Felt f75 frame paired with an old steel 26in fork. This bike can only be used on the turbo as it has no headset or brakes.

Shimano tiagra 3x9 levers. Rubber on one of the hoods is slightly ripped.
    Tiagra rear derailleur
    105 front derailluer
    105 53/39 chainset
    Shimano pedals
    Clip on tri bars

Basic cycleops mag+ trainer. COmes with remote shifter to adjust the resistance while sitting on the bike.

Two things in the picture will not be included. The bar end shifter and no seat post. A saddle will be provided.

One thing to note is because I've paired triple shifters with a double chainset, you must be sensitive changing to the big ring. It works fine for turboing, but would be a pain in the arse on the road.

Also included is a polar power meter proxy computer. It measures power by proxying from chain speed. I got it second hand here and never spent much time setting it up as I bought a power meter soon after to transfer between bikes. Needs new batteries though.

€150

What size is the frame?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm interested in the rigid carbon forks, if you decide to split that lot.

Ok noted. Will update in a week's time if no interest in the bundle.

What size is the frame?

I'd say I'm close to the limit on it. I'd say it suits 5 7 up to 5 11

RobFowl wrote: »
    Thats what I said

(just spelled it wrong ;) )

Will send a pm

Garmin vector 2 dual sided power pedals.

Bought new in August 2017. Haven't been used since August 2018.

€500

So I think I have these priced too aggressively. Lowering price to €425

That sounds fair.

Put your price on it at end of week if lot doesn't sell and we will go from there

I think €50 for rigid carbon fork is fair.

I think €50 for rigid carbon fork is fair.

It does sound fair but I've decided to strip bike and scrap the beyond use bits.

GLWS

• Advertisement

The mountain bike is no longer available. Brother in law is taking it.

Any interest in other items?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

where are you located? Id take the front wheel with tub

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Is the rigid carbon fork still available?

where are you located? Id take the front wheel with tub

Donabate/Newry. I don't mind taking a wheel into Dublin city centre.

Is the rigid carbon fork still available?

It is indeed.

All still available but I'm out of the country for the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TOTAL CYCLEPATH

Focus Mares CX bike. I feel this bike is just within my size range. I'd say 5 9 to 6 2 would fit on it.

I've set this bike up a bit unique but it is my preferred set up for cyclocross. It is a single ring set up for mud clearance but uses two chainguards so that the chain never comes off. 11-28 cassette.

Also it is a ShimErgo set up. I use 10 speed campagnolo veloce levers with a shimano ultegra derailleur. This works perfectly but you must use an 8 speed cassette. The wider spaces in the cassette also mean better gear functioning as there is less mud building up in it.

I have a lightweight and supple clement pdx 33mm front clincher tire with latex inner tube. Honestly reckon its performance is as good as my fancy tubs. On the rear I've got a 31mm vittoria clincer. The narrow rear really improves tire clearance.

The brakes are semi hydraulic TRP spyres. Easy to maintain because they are cable actuated but you get the benefit of the hydraulic pistons so they compress and release evenly on both sides of the rotor.

Ultegra 6600 172.5mm chainset 130 bcd. SPDs included.

Will throw in a practically unused veloce front derailleur.

Price €650

Can include a compact shimano chainset 46/34 for an additional €25

Hi, would you have any interest in selling the frame and fork on its own?

Advertisement