Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Norway Spruce per ton

Options
  • 17-05-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to advise me on going rate per ton for a thinning of Norway Spruce?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Alot of other factors to consider to give you an accurate answer.
    The tree size, age, harvesting cost, distance to market, is it first, second or third thinning,

The delivered and roadside prices would be the same as Sitka spruce with the exception of stakes, very few places will accept Norway stakes nowadays.
    Pallet roadside is about, €50 - 54ish I think, pulp is about €27 - €29 less harvesting costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

30 years planted and two thinnings done. Now due a third thinning. Not sure what's what yet. Am trying to get up to speed. Has fallen my way to look at this so appreciate the advice.
    How big a cost is it in replanting after a clear fell on say a 30 acre plantation...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

The costs of the job would differ from site to site, it would be hard to tell what your return would be from it without looking at it.

Some jobs I previously replanted in the last few months came to approximately €650 to €700 per acre. That included the cultivation, plants, planting and a small management cost for keeping an eye on the place going forward. Maintenance afterwards will be variable but per acre might only come to €200 possibly, again it's hard to guess without looking.

Advertisement