Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If 7/7 was a false flag...

• 17-04-2019 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Did it bring the UK one stop closer to the "totalitarian/surveillance state regime" that people like David Icke, John Hill, Alex Jones claim?

I'm just looking at it objectively (yes even for a conspiracy), and looking at for the motives rather than the details of the events. Assuming it was orchestrated by MI5, are UK citizens much more surveilled than before 2005? Has there been legislation passed that would not have been passed prior to the attacks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Did it bring the UK one stop closer to the "totalitarian/surveillance state regime" that people like David Icke, John Hill, Alex Jones claim?

I'm just looking at it objectively (yes even for a conspiracy), and looking at for the motives rather than the details of the events. Assuming it was orchestrated by MI5, are UK citizens much more surveilled than before 2005? Has there been legislation passed that would not have been passed prior to the attacks?

Is there any evidence M15 are behind it? I watched the events at the time and did not find it suspicious. Since 9/11 and events after it, young Sunni Muslims have gotten radicalised to attack the west. There no need to look at a bigger picture behind it all. If you want to know the real conspiracy its who funded and supports these movements to spiral out of control. Syria and Yemen is a perfect example of the double standards in the west. West was supporting Jihadists in the fight against Assad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is there any evidence M15 are behind it?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Always hear about it but never got the whole "false flags to pass more surveillance laws" spiel. Why would 4 or 5 year politicians apparently want more surveillance for nefarious means? do they spend their evenings yearning to read intercepted emails from their constituents?

It's so much hassle for such a weak motive that doesn't really benefit any of them as politicians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Always hear about it but never got the whole "false flags to pass more surveillance laws" spiel. Why would 4 or 5 year politicians apparently want more surveillance for nefarious means? do they spend their evenings yearning to read intercepted emails from their constituents?

It's so much hassle for such a weak motive that doesn't really benefit any of them as politicians

Are they doing it for themselves?

Are they doing it for themselves?

Representing the views of their constituents. London had 4 attacks in one year, security was/is pretty high on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Sorry for the necro but anyone around here watched 7/7 Ripple Effect yet to even question whether it was an inside job or not? Thought this is a "conspiracy" board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Greyfoot wrote: »
    Sorry for the necro but anyone around here watched 7/7 Ripple Effect yet to even question whether it was an inside job or not? Thought this is a "conspiracy" board?

I saw it a few times. The most interesting things I guess were
    a) The train that was first purported to have been bombed was actually cancelled!
    b) The bombs looked like they blew upward.
    c) Peter Power. wtf, just very very coincidental
    d) And the story about the guys having been shot down at Canary Wharf.

But there was nothing conclusive for me. Not in the same way as there is with 9/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

People often to point to this guy.

They highlight the similarities between the 9\11 and the 7\7 attacks. This is in the sense that on 9\11 there were also a number of exercises that were similar to what actually happened on the day.

They highlight the similarities between the 9\11 and the 7\7 attacks. This is in the sense that on 9\11 there were also a number of exercises that were similar to what actually happened on the day.

Exercises happen all the time. That's what security and anti-terrorist forces do, they drill and train.

It's a coincidence unless the following questions are addressed

1) What the coincidence is in terms of an alternative sequences of events

2) What that alternative sequence of events actually is (and what supports it)

Exercises happen all the time. That's what security and anti-terrorist forces do, they drill and train.

It's a coincidence unless the following questions are addressed

1) What the coincidence is in terms of an alternative sequences of events

2) What that alternative sequence of events actually is (and what supports it)

But its exactly the same thing at exactly the same time.

Does that represent a massive coincidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lets assume thats actually the case.
    Why did the people behind the conspiracy do it?
    What benefit does it give them thats worth the fact that doing so could (and apparently did) give the game away?

King Mob wrote: »
    Lets assume thats actually the case.
    Why did the people behind the conspiracy do it?
    What benefit does it give them thats worth the fact that doing so could (and apparently did) give the game away?

Have you actually watched 7/7 ripple effect? If did so your question is kinda moot. If did not then go ahead and as advised in it, draw your own conclusion.

Have you actually watched 7/7 ripple effect? If did so your question is kinda moot. If did not then go ahead and as advised in it, draw your own conclusion.

Or the question can be answered directly and clearly?

I have not watched the documentary, and I don't think there would be much point.
    Always, when it's claimed that a question is answered in the documentary, with no information about where and when, it means that the question isn't answered at all.

If you could perhaps outline the answer to my question given in the documentary, it might seem more worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Big foot did it?

One`s opinion on the subject or any other for that matter is just that, an opinion. I am not here to discuss my own regarding who and why did it, your own question if there is sincere curiosity behind it will and can be answered if you look for said answers. Take nothing at face value, do not generalize and avoid confirmation bias. Use your own logic and sense of truth and you`ll find what you are really looking for. Regarding your question I can only direct you once again to the documentary and suggest to watch it, as far as I remember it is less than 60 minutes long. And again do not take anything at face value from it, form your own truth or stick to one you already have. Even more so if you find the film untrue or fake.

King Mob wrote: »
    Or the question can be answered directly and clearly?

I have not watched the documentary, and I don't think there would be much point.
    Always, when it's claimed that a question is answered in the documentary, with no information about where and when, it means that the question isn't answered at all.

If you could perhaps outline the answer to my question given in the documentary, it might seem more worthwhile.

One`s opinion on the subject or any other for that matter is just that, an opinion. I am not here to discuss my own regarding who and why did it, .
    If you arent interested in discussion, why post?
    Regarding your question I can only direct you once again to the documentary and suggest to watch it, as far as I remember it is less than 60 minutes long.
    Experience tells me that my question is not answered by the documentary.
    Whenever one of my questions is responded to with "its in this hour long rambling terrible youtube video" it has always been a waste of time to check.
    I'm will to be shown to be wrong
    The question I asked was pretty direct and simple and easy to answer.
    And if the answer was in the video it would be trivial to paraphrase it.

You may want to check the details of the drill

A coincidence yup. But massive? Visor's job was to run drill simulations in companies. They happened to be doing one in an office one day that was similar to the actual attack.

You may want to check the details of the drill

A coincidence yup. But massive? Visor's job was to run drill simulations in companies. They happened to be doing one in an office one day that was similar to the actual attack.

I believe that in the grand scheme of things that a coincidence like this is a big coincidence. It doesn't seem like a minor footnote or a small detail to me.

I don't think there's anything weird in this assertion.

I believe that in the grand scheme of things that a coincidence like this is a big coincidence. It doesn't seem like a minor footnote or a small detail to me.

I don't think there's anything weird in this assertion.

It is a coincidence, so it doesn't even qualify as minor detail. It qualifies as completely irrelevant to the attacks themselves.

Advertisement