Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dead cow with newborn calf

Options
  • 28-03-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi all,

lost a cow 3 days ago after calving. have been giving calf beastings from a nearby dairy since and calf in good nick. thinking of my options now..have i any other options other than going back again to the dairy farmer for more milk? unfortunately this is my first calf and arrived premature so wont have another calf for a month approx. waiting for tag to arrive so selling is out at the moment. any tips are welcome!! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

omu wrote: »
    hi all,

lost a cow 3 days ago after calving. have been giving calf beastings from a nearby dairy since and calf in good nick. thinking of my options now..have i any other options other than going back again to the dairy farmer for more milk? unfortunately this is my first calf and arrived premature so wont have another calf for a month approx. waiting for tag to arrive so selling is out at the moment. any tips are welcome!! thanks

Milk replacer will be good enough now, here's some information on rearing calves on milkreplacer
    http://agritech.ie/milk-replacer-feeding-guidelines/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Did you get sorted?

Advertisement