Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society-Palmerstown-21st July-12:40pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Have a great day lads, raging I'm missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Have a great day lads, raging I'm missing this one.

Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    Me too :(

me three

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Alanm

Will post the timesheet tonight lads. Plenty of spaces if anyone is looking in on the forum. :)

Hey captain, can you squeeze another in? Our plans for the weekend have just been changed and late permission granted!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Alanm wrote: »
    Will post the timesheet tonight lads. Plenty of spaces if anyone is looking in on the forum. :)

Hey captain, can you squeeze another in? Our plans for the weekend have just been changed and late permission granted!
    Hi Alan, yes plenty of spaces I will update the time sheet there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

After Alanm's display at the Atlantic Coast the previous week, I suggest giving him 1st prize now to save time :pac:

RoadRunner wrote: »

After Alanm's display at the Atlantic Coast the previous week, I suggest giving him 1st prize now to save time :pac:
    Do I need to notify the handicap secretary:)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Just give him the same handicap as Doublecross! :D

12:40-Ballyk-Break80-Emurphalot
    12:50-Woodyg-Doublecross-Timgolfer
    1:00-Benny79-Macker1-Davo19-Alanm
    1:10-Paulos-Post punk-Tigerwood1-BrianRossiter

Lads there’s a society in front of us so otherwise it would have been a 2 ball and all 3’s after that. We’ll keep the pace up as usual like the last few outings:)

ballyk wrote: »

Just give him the same handicap as Doublecross! :D
    Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Alanm

RoadRunner wrote: »

You've clearly forgotten my awesome 7 pts on front 9 in rosses?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Coming back from injury hopefully i be able to complete the 18 holes;).
    dos'nt feel like just under five years since i last tee it up here with fixit, seve , scubapro. Hitting the driver straight is the key i remember to scoring well around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Tiger for the win!!

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Coming back from injury hopefully i be able to complete the 18 holes;).
    dos'nt feel like just under five years since i last tee it up here with fixit, seve , scubapro. Hitting the driver straight is the key i remember to scoring well around here.

Some memory. I can't remember who I played with that day but I'm certain that scubapro was not one of them.

benny79 wrote: »
    Tiger for the win!!
    Second that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Seve OB wrote: »
    Some memory. I can't remember who I played with that day but I'm certain that scubapro was not one of them.

It was losing out on that lovely colour tv your picked up that stamped it on my memory, it toke me nearly four years to get over that :D.
    Definitely fixit was part of fourball ( i remember him doing a ian poulter from the middle of the par 5 six hole). It could of being charlie instead of scubapro.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    It was losing out on that lovely colour tv your picked up that stamped it on my memory, it toke me nearly four years to get over that :D.
    Definitely fixit was part of fourball ( i remember him doing a ian poulter from the middle of the par 5 six hole). It could of being charlie instead of scubapro.

No you have (as Christy says in his Rose song) a memory like a supergrass. Remembering things that never even happened at all :D

I looked it up, I played that day with kkeliher, dwd and holeinone.

Good luck today lads. Raging I can't be there. Still down in Mount Juliet with the family, heading home after lunch. As close as I got to a game of golf was the fabulous kids club here who bring the young ones down to the range for a golf lesson, so we snuck a look

1st Timgolfer 35 points
    2nd-Macker1-33points
    3rd-Emurphalot-31points
    Longest drive Doublecross
    Nearest the pin Benny79
    2’s pot won by Alan m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Well done lads.

• Advertisement

1st Timgolfer 35 points
    2nd-Macker1-33points
    3rd-Emurphalot-31points
    Longest drive Doublecross
    Nearest the pin Benny79
    2’s pot won by Alan m
    I have the prizes kept for the lads who had to head away

Very enjoyable round in Palmerstown. It’s a great course and they have done a great job to keep the fairways in the heat.
    I had 2 scratches on 10 and 12 (I think), topped a lot of irons and 3 woods probably 6 or 7 times which hasn’t happened in a long time and ended up killing any chance of a score. I also found a bunker on most of the holes but that’s easy enough the amount of them in the course. The highlights would be having 3 birdie chances close enough which shows signs of improvement just to get it all to click together....... it was a 5 hour round but didn’t feel that slow going around.
    Talk to ye in Moyvalley lads , going to hit the range the next few weeks to try get the breakthrough this year :)
    PP

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Sad to miss this one so close to home, but I was out of town. Will be at the next!

Advertisement