Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Of Canada have a new album on the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Tuned in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I've just found out my headphones are broken.......arse!

hey ho here we go

Wow ! ! Really liking this :)

For those who missed it . . . . . http://pitchfork.com/news/50702-listen-boards-of-canada-reach-for-the-dead/

This track is so good , Im really looking forward to getting the cd in the post now ,

• Advertisement

The hairs are a standing on the back of my neck. Sooo good, and this is just the begininig.

The hairs are a standing on the back of my neck. Sooo good, and this is just the begininig.

Agreed :D

And now we have a video

This is all happening so fast:D

Clouds, rectangles and suns, oh my!

• Advertisement

boc_lead.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That new track is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

interesting breakbeats towards the end - have they done that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Holy fookin sh1t! how bloody good is the new track? been constantly playing it for about an hour now.

New track available to to download from bleep now :)

loyatemu wrote: »
    interesting breakbeats towards the end - have they done that before?

XYZ of the Peel Session's is possibly the most similar. Although the new track is lot calmer.

Track by track review from The Quietus
    "Spoilers alert"
    http://thequietus.com/articles/12364-boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest-review

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Holding off listening to the track until the album is released.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Holding off listening to the track until the album is released.

Nope...gave in

No more listening to that track for me untill I have the album, which most likely will be tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

No more listening to that track for me untill I have the album, which most likely will be tomorrow night.

How? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I love your name! ;)

Ok, so that didn't work out. I was fairly sure it was going to be leaked but I was wrong.

So next BOC event is taking place tonight in a abandoned warter park somewhere in the Californian desert. It going to kick of at midnight Irish time.
    Will it be another video or dare I say it....a gig?

@nocoverart:I know:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

Does anyone know the actual release date for the album?

If i go to the boards of canada website it says the 7th of June:

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

But everywhere else says the 10th of June for Europe and the 11th for the U.S?

I've pre-ordered the album on bleep btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

June 7th Ireland. our release date is always the friday before the UK's

if you ordered from bleep it might not be sent until the UK release date though.

I heard the first three tracks on a video of the listening party in the desert. sounds amazing.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

June 7th Ireland. our release date is always the friday before the UK's

if you ordered from bleep it might not be sent until the UK release date though.

I heard the first three tracks on a video of the listening party in the desert. sounds amazing.

Yeah that is the case with Bleep... I've been caught out before, most recently with the latest Autechre - I had preordered the vinyl when it was first announced... I remember walking into Tower on the Friday of the Irish release and there it was in all it's glory - mine didn't arrive till the feckin following Wednesday! I did obviously have the pleasure of the WAV download from Bleep once I preordered - are they doing that with the new BoC?

Hopefully they will, they have done for previous releases. Have the boards of Canada album pre ordered myself

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Pre-ordered from Bleep, will download a good quality leak if it happens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Album live stream kicking off in a matter of seconds: http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

• Advertisement

I listened to the full album steam last night and I have got to say that it's one hell of an album. I was moaning (quietly to myself) about the album only lasting a bit more than an hour but it's such a complex and dense album, if it lasted any longer it might hurt.
    I need to listen to it again, right now, goddammit!

Advertisement