Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a busier environment a psychiatric admissions unit or a primary school classr

• 13-04-2018 1:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have a friend who is a qualified primary school teacher and she is hoping to quite it and pursue psychiatric nursing (my mom is a psychiatry nurse).
    We had a discussion on what is a busier environment last night. She reckons you cannot get busier then a classroom full of kids, my mother says a psychiatric unit is so unpredictable, and dealing with doctors etc on a regular basis makes it's non stop. My friend thinks shes leaving a busy environment to go into a more relaxed environment which is what she wants!
    Opinions on this please as I, as a shop assistant always considered nursing and teaching and may look at both options in a few years.
    Thanks

Advertisement