Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

25-07-2016, 22:43   #16
pinkypinky

Yup

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...n_id=(1408347)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2016, 23:33   #17
Natonstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
Any chance the wrong age is on the marriage cert? Here's a James Ruddy, b. 1952, Mother's surname Gaughan:
Name James Ruddy
Event Type Birth
Event Date Jan - Mar 1952
Event Place Belmullet, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year Jan - Mar 1952
Registration District Belmullet
Mother's Maiden Name Gaughan
Volume Number 4
Page Number 50

I actually got the birth cert for the above person sent out to me from the Roscommon office, the one difference is that that person's middle name is james PATRICK Ruddy, and my own birth cert says Paul, now I'm not 100% sure but is it even possible for him to have put a different middle name down?

Obviously if that is the same person his marriage cert is out by 10 years, but the cert I have has been handwritten so you never know

In terms of privacy, everything I've posted here, or that anyone else has posted here can be found online, this is strictly for my own family research, I am not in contact with my father, and I haven't been my entire life, I am simply trying to trace my roots on that side of the family as my tree is really lop-sided at the moment

Last edited by Natonstan; 25-07-2016 at 23:36. Reason: middle name, not surname
25-07-2016, 23:41   #18
Hermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natonstan View Post
...I am simply trying to trace my roots on that side of the family as my tree is really lop-sided at the moment
As an adopted person searching for my past I can relate to that.
Thanks from:
26-07-2016, 00:56   #19
Natonstan

I've managed to find out his mothers maiden name may be Carey, and this person here is my dads older brother: *modsnip*

Still no record on there for James himself...

Last edited by pinkypinky; 26-07-2016 at 09:14.
26-07-2016, 09:16   #20
pinkypinky

Mod note:
We're getting into more people who are still alive now, and I'm going to close the thread.

One final point: if you get the civil certificate for your parents marriage in 1990, it should name all four of your grandparents on it, including the grandmothers' maiden names. This information has been standard on civil certs since the mid 1960s.
(4) thanks from:
Thread Closed