Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Day & Night Meter

• 13-10-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello
    I used to have night storage heaters but I replaced them this year with electric heaters that I don't use at night, should I change the day and night meter to a standard meter and if so how do I go about doing this and the cost please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Lo_La,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you changed to a standard 24-hour meter, you would be paying a lower rate per unit than the day rate of the day/night meter. You would also be paying a lower daily standing charge. The ESB Networks cost to exchange day/night meter to standard though is approximately €195 (no matter which billing company).

If you wish to proceed, just telephone Electric Ireland's Customer Service team on 1850 372 372 to send the service order request for you.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement