Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a DIY Divorce Service

• 14-06-2019 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a good DIY Divorce service for me? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Do not even think of it, get a Solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

Stanford wrote:
    Do not even think of it, get a Solicitor

Really, are they a no go?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Im in the middle of one........not a good idea unless there will be consent from the other party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

If both parties are in agreement then they are a great service. I used DIY divorce based in Bray.

However you can't use these services if there are any issues - property, children etc.

You can also get all the forms from the court website and do it yourself. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Dovies wrote: »
    If both parties are in agreement then they are a great service. I used DIY divorce based in Bray.

However you can't use these services if there are any issues - property, children etc.

You can also get all the forms from the court website and do it yourself. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

If both sides are in agreement, and there is a separation agreement in place then of course you can use these services!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

Thanks folks, should have said agreement is there for it but im the one instigating it..seperated awhile and all issues sorted and signed off on at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

Pop into your local court house and explain you want to do your divorce yourself. They will give you samples of all paperwork, order they are served etc. It is a very simple process and no need to spend €500+ on someone doing it for you. It will cost you around €50 between commissioner of oaths and postage.

***This only works if both are in complete agreement and a separation agreement already in place

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tbone86

So I have started down this road myself.

We are on good terms and working together "divorce by consent"

No children, no property, no shared assets, no pensions. The respondent is in another country which might make it complicated, we are on good

We never made a separation agreement is there any point in making one now?

Spoke to a solicitor, he said the only issue we might have is that the respondent is abroad.

Tbone86 wrote: »
    So I have started down this road myself.

We are on good terms and working together "divorce by consent"

No children, no property, no shared assets, no pensions. The respondent is in another country which might make it complicated, we are on good

We never made a separation agreement is there any point in making one now?

Spoke to a solicitor, he said the only issue we might have is that the respondent is abroad.

We didn't have a separation agreement and other party was also overseas. As long as you have an address to send the documents too (registered) and they were guaranteed to return them there should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Solicitors quote €5k +. Daylight robbery if you ask me.

I'm going ahead with the lady in Bray. Nothing major to report for far.

• Advertisement

We didn't have a separation agreement and other party was also overseas. As long as you have an address to send the documents too (registered) and they were guaranteed to return them there should be no problem.

Thanks for the info, you situation sounds very similar to mine.

I read this quote below online. Note I recently retuned to ireland having lived abroad for 3 years.

"You can’t get an Irish divorce unless at least one spouse is domiciled in the Republic or has lived in the country for a year before bringing proceedings."

Does this mean I have to have lived here 1 year continually right up until applying or over any period.

Thanks

boombang wrote: »

Funny you say that just got my first quote and it was 5k:(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

boombang wrote: »

Can you pm her details. I started paperwork myself in March but got caught up with lockdown home schooling etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

nicrob08 wrote: »
    Can you pm her details. I started paperwork myself in March but got caught up with lockdown home schooling etc.

Google DIY divorce Bray, Cathy comes up straight away.

Feel free to DM me if you want to compare notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

I used these guys 2 years ago

http://www.easydivorce.ie/

Absolutely fantastic could not recommend highly

Ask to speak to Ruth she’s beyond brilliant

Very flexible in payment terms too

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

Hi I'm only starting down the divorce road. Has anyone used divorce Ireland from wicklow?
    http://www.divorceireland.ie/

Hey mate, my court appearance is coming up for permission to serve outside
    the state(ex parte). What is the process and what can I expect?

Any info tips are greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

Tbone86 wrote: »
    Hey mate, my court appearance is coming up for permission to serve outside
    the state(ex parte). What is the process and what can I expect?

Any info tips are greatly appreciated
    Hi how do you know you have to get permission to serve the papers outside Ireland. I sent in my paperwork last week got it back today stamped and signed. My ex is in the UK but I didn't get a date to apply for permission to serve. Totally confused. I asked the DIY people I've paid for help and they said ring Phoneix House or go ahead and post them.. Whatever I think best 🀷*♀️

I just posted mine out of state. Had to go registered and had to provide post office receipt to prove I had sent them.

Advertisement