Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Data Centres Location

• 14-08-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everybody,

As part of a research project I am working on at the moment I am trying to figure out exact locations of Amazon Data Centres in Ireland.

I know there are some in South Dublin, Blanchardstown and Clonshaugh but I would like to get actual addresses of them.

Also, according to this article in Silicon Republic 'Amazon has a number of centres in Dublin, details of which are closely guarded'

I am wondering does this mean there are other centres in Dublin and if so where are they?

Any advice, insights etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hofstadter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hofstadter

Hi everybody,

Just giving this a bump as still tying to find an answer!

Thanks.,

Hofstadter

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Amazon will keep the location of their data centers very closely guarded for obvious security reasons but perhaps your best bet on this is to try and reach out to them and see if they would provide you with an "acceptable" address.

By that I mean an address that are happy to share. Highly unlikely but I don't think you will have many other options unless someone on here has the knowledge you need! :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks Willy!

Yeah, I'll give Amazon a try (for what it is worth) just to see what they say...I guess I'm hoping some one here might have more specific info which they'd be happy to share on the QT :)

Thanks Spocker,

Yes they are busy out in Tallaght alright. Also I think they have one in Blanchardstown and clonshaugh industrial estate. I guess these ones are reasonably 'well known' (mentioned in newspaper articles etc)....I'm wondering if they have more completely off the radar though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are more than the public know about and you won't be told. I'm friendly with some of their staff, one working on DCs, and they'll mention their existence but nothing more. Treated like state secrets.

Hey Ed E,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I assumed there were more, I wonder if staff can't disclose them (Contractual)?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

A recent wikileak shows most/all of the DC locations - https://wikileaks.org/amazon-atlas/map/

Thanks Tomtata!

Yeah, I saw this a few weeks ago, it's from 2015 but I've since found the others :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Surely all data centres would require planning permission and lots of electricity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Why are you just looking for Amazon DCs. What about Microsoft, Google and Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Surely all data centres would require planning permission and lots of electricity?

Of course they do, but just because there's a Datacenter there doesn't mean they have any Amazon hardware in them.

From a look at that map most of those (if not all) are colocations which means it's a facility owned by a Datacenter company which rents rack space and services to whoever wants.

Amazon may or may not use some of that.

To the OP you might find this site useful :

https://www.datacenters.com/providers/amazon-aws

Advertisement