Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GMail Problems - No Standard View!

Options
  • 08-11-2017 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

My gmail has recently changed from Standard View to HTML Basic View - it seems to have changed of its own accord. And now I am unable to get the Standard View.
    The Standard View is far superior and I want it back.
    What has happened to my GMail appears to have happened to others also.
    Does anyone have a "fix" for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bmc58

Hi Benedict,

Signe in,go into "Preferences" on the home page and there should be an option to switch from HTML to Advanced.I presume you are talking about Eir.Hpoe this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Benedict

Help much appreciated - but haven't cracked it yet. Re BMC 58, don't know what Eir.Hpoe is!

I'm using Windows 10 and wife running Windows 7 and same thing happened to her. Some bright spark at Windows HQ decided switching people from Standard View to Basic was a great idea - but he never asked us!

Above suggestions gratefully received but don't seem to work.

When I log on to GMail, the bottom of the page briefly shows Standard and HTML Basic. The Basic is in highlighted blue and the Standard doesn't respond to a click.

I'm using Firefox - read on various sites that using different browser can allow a change back to Standard View - but it doesn't seem to.

Advertisement