Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Millem wrote: »
    Yes I think I might buy cheapest one on ebay and try it out when my passes are up! I might email now tv and ask them too

Be prepared to lose your money when the Irish box refuses the UK Pass.

Probability: 99.99%

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

MOD Edit. Against charter. I know you were giving them away but maybe take it to bargain alerts or something instead of spamming this thread with a large post like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

amorgan wrote:
    I'm thinking of picking up a now tv box and buying the mayweather/mcgregor ppv on it this weekend. Has anyone any experience with using the box office stuff? I use iptv or streams normally and the ppv stuff isn't necessarily reliable. Is this much better?

I ordered it this evening, first time to try boxoffice, but I have watched live tv stations and sports before,worked fine.
    So hopefully box office will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Was in argos castlecourt in Belfast on Wednesday and picked up a half price now tv box with 4 months kid pass for £12.49, the half price entertainment boxes were all sold out. When you consider that the kids pass is £2.99 pm plus I bought a 3 month entertainment pass for £15.

Just finished watching the McGregor Mayweather fight on Sky Boxoffice, Now TV box, perfect quality, great entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Just finished watching the McGregor Mayweather fight on Sky Boxoffice, Now TV box, perfect quality, great entertainment

i know it's a few days post fight, but i'd like to echo this. had a few people over, streamed it all on the now tv wirelessly with the box office, perfect hd without a glitch. very reassuring for any future events!

Now TV on PS4 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Xbox One and LG Smart TVs too: http://www.nowtv.com/ie/about/devices

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Adding device support for the ROI box is a positive development, if they get around to supporting Apple TV I might look at their offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Anyone else have to log in each time they use the box? Is there a way it can be kept logged in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I have a nowtv box that i connect to my TV. I was watching a box set up until a few days ago and now it says it's not available in my region? What happened there?

Got an email offering me sky sports for20£ pm for two months .

Had it before and was nt impressed with the picture quality

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kooga wrote: »
    Got an email offering me sky sports for20£ pm for two months .

Had it before and was nt impressed with the picture quality

how long ago?

I think the picture quality is excellent

lawred2 wrote: »
    how long ago?

I think the picture quality is excellent
    Got it on the 6th of august and had it till last month - found it hard to watch

Got it on the 6th of august and had it till last month - found it hard to watch

what's your broadband connection? It downgrades the quality if your connection is poor to average.

Depends on how your tv handles 720p as well. Maybe there's an upscaling issue.

I'm not overly fussy but I still like decent quality. But I don't need to see 4K or 1080i

Good to see the app finally available on PS4 but it needs an update.
    When launched the word 'beta' is shown next to the Nowtv logo. I watched about 20 mins of one show and then suddenly got an error. Internet connection was fine and when I reloaded the app it would not resume the episode from where I left off but instead started again from the beginning. I hope they get this sorted as I am getting tired of using the mobile app all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EZ26

Hi, I'd like to cancel my account, I don't use the service and I don't feel comfortable to keep my credit card there without a reason. How can I do that?

Thanks

Good to see the app finally available on PS4 but it needs an update. When launched the word 'beta' is shown next to the Nowtv logo. I watched about 20 mins of one show and then suddenly got an error. Internet connection was fine and when I reloaded the app it would not resume the episode from where I left off but instead started again from the beginning. I hope they get this sorted as I am getting tired of using the mobile app all the time.

Watching the walking dead on the ps4
    Working perfect for me at the moment

Got an email from now tv with a Black Friday deal uk

12 month entertainment and cinema £99

Went onto the Irish site Black Friday deal entertainment pass 1/2 price for three months - their genorsity for the Irish market holds no bounds! What a beautiful company- you'd die for them!

Got an email from now tv with a Black Friday deal uk

12 month entertainment and cinema £99

Went onto the Irish site Black Friday deal entertainment pass 1/2 price for three months - their genorsity for the Irish market holds no bounds! What a beautiful company- you'd die for them!

Got excited there for a second but then I saw it was new customers only

• Advertisement

Applies to all customers in the uk

Applies to all customers in the uk

My account is a UK one.. I'll figure it out either way. Is it a voucher code that can be activated at any time?

My account is a UK one.. I'll figure it out either way. Is it a voucher code that can be activated at any time?

I know what you are saying the restriction is that you must have less than 30 days on your account - you can avail of the offer up to Nov 30th

I have to wait till then as my pass expires Dec 28th

It's a one off payment and starts when your current pass expires

kooga wrote:

Ye I got the three month deal at 7.50 a couple of days ago by chance, as I wanted to watch a certain boxset.

I don't think any other deals on offer.

I find the problem with the email is when you click on it you are brought to the sterling priced deals.

Hard to find the Irish deals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Ye I got the three month deal at 7.50 a couple of days ago by chance, as I wanted to watch a certain boxset.

How did you get it? When I click on the link it takes me to the sign-up page for new customers, which I'm not.

The T&Cs say the offer's available to existing customers but I can't figure out how.

if you have more than 30 days on an existing pass you cant get it

I know what you are saying the restriction is that you must have less than 30 days on your account - you can avail of the offer up to Nov 30th

I have to wait till then as my pass expires Dec 28th

It's a one off payment and starts when your current pass expires

I just logged into my UK account... I have passes paid up until Feb and they are still offering me the deal for £99. No mention of 30 days anywhere.

I just logged into my UK account... I have passes paid up until Feb and they are still offering me the deal for £99. No mention of 30 days anywhere.

have you proceeded to buy the pass?

have you proceeded to buy the pass?

not as of yet... I like to procrastinate

edit: and access denied. Yeah I see the restrictions now.

• Advertisement

NuMarvel wrote:
    How did you get it? When I click on the link it takes me to the sign-up page for new customers, which I'm not.

It was a fluke, I had cancelled now tv a while back, just clicked on the entertainment boxsets as I wanted to subscribe again through my roko now tv box.
    Was just given this offer for three months.

Advertisement