Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CaptainD

Has anybody else experienced this since Thursday? Entertainment watch live still works perfectly but the catch-up/box sets are now "not available to your region" with the same message as itv encore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

CaptainD wrote: »
    Has anybody else experienced this since Thursday? Entertainment watch live still works perfectly but the catch-up/box sets are now "not available to your region" with the same message as itv encore. :(

Yeah looks like UK subs are closed here now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Schwanz wrote: »
    Yeah looks like UK subs are closed here now

I notice when I log in to my (UK) account now, I get redirected to the .ie site. I cannot order any stuff in £'s. I get the Irish rip-off prices. So now I have Sky News live and Youtube to entertain me.

Can a UK Box be used here with a new Irish acount?

I've tried and I get logged in but then get a "account error"

Wondering if it's a software issue on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Does the channel four online player still work ok

• Advertisement

Can't access the service on a uk box with an irish login.

Anyone conquered this yet or is it impossible?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

This is the second warning I have had to give about discussing circumventing regional restrictions.

For those new to this forum, it has been banned for the past sixteen years here.

I do not want to have to close a second Now TV thread because people keep ignoring this, so I will start giving people 48 hour bans without further warning if this is ignored again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is a 'Now TV Ireland' app on the Android Play Store, the comments are very negative, they are along the lines of what's been discussed here - people with UK subscriptions being cut off because they live in Ireland and being expected to pay way over the odds when you compare the prices in each country.

Edit: Lest there be any confusion here and in the light of the mod warning above, I am not questioning the right of NOW TV to cut-off people living in Ireland who have UK subscriptions, it's the price hike they expect them to pay for an inferior service that I'm highlighting as unacceptable.

My attitude is that we simply need to boycott this attempted rip-off and make them see sense. Even with the high prices, no support for Chromecast means that you can only watch it on a tablet or mobile phone unless you buy their Irish box which (like the subscription) is way above the UK price.

Sample reviews...
    I was using Nowtv with my UK account but now live in Ireland I had no issue using my account until NOWTV ireland was introduced and blocked my UK account. This is a ploy to make me pay more money.
    Sky overcharging Irish customers for content again. Terrible app with no Chromecast support. Also no android tv app. All so you buy a now tv box from the Irish site, which is again far more expensive than the UK.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowtv.ie&hl=en

I just need to ask a question about the NOW TV box @ICDG.

I have 3 boxes bought in the UK and my account from there has ceased. I now have an Irish account legally bought here. So no discussion of circumventing regional restrictions as requested will be in the question.

I just need to know can my new account be played on one of the boxes - or do I require a new box bought here with maybe new software specifically for us here in Ireland.

Can anyone answer this as it would save a good few bob??- 75 euro in fact.

No malice in the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

[QUOTE=Schwanz;103695889
    I just need to know can my new account be played on one of the boxes - or do I require a new box bought here with maybe new software specifically for us here in Ireland.

.[/QUOTE]

I am not a NowTv Ireland customer, but I have heard from other NowTv ireland customers that the UK nowtv box will not work with Now tv Ireland.
    New box required at €25

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    I am not a NowTv Ireland customer, but I have heard from other NowTv ireland customers that the UK nowtv box will not work with Now tv Ireland.
    New box required at €25

Thanks for that, time for me to pull the plug on the Irish service then.

CaptainD wrote: »

This issue has been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

For and Boardies that live in Northern Ireland

Yesterday I picked up in Argos in Castlecourt a now tv box with a three month entertainment pass for £14.99 plus after setting up my box in Belfast at my address I availed of the free 14 day trail for sky sports.

so for £14.99 I am all set for season 7 of game of thrones and the two remaining lions tests.

duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kooga wrote: »
    For and Boardies that live in Northern Ireland

Yesterday I picked up in Argos in Castlecourt a now tv box with a three month entertainment pass for £14.99 plus after setting up my box in Belfast at my address I availed of the free 14 day trail for sky sports.

so for £14.99 I am all set for season 7 of game of thrones and the two remaining lions tests.

Yea i would buy my passes from Argos as you usually get 3 months of entertainment for £15 saving you £6.

I did have the movies at £25 for 3 months saving £5 and cancelled it, as I was cancelling they offered me 6 months at £3.99 a month for the movies.

So i would check Argos Ireland they might be the same for the Irish subs

or a 5 month pass in currys for £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oh must look at currys then as Argos stopped doing the 5 month passes

Until NOW TV in Ireland supports Chromecast and/or Apple TV (both are supported for UK customers), I am not touching it.

Forcing you to buy a Now TV box for €25 when you already have kit that would work with Now TV in the UK is a total rip-off.

Boycott.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Can I put a Now Tv app on my Roku 3 or Apple Tv?

Can't find any clear info online...

Edit, got onto chat with Now Tv, I need to buy a box. Seems crazy when i have a Roku which is Now Tv as far as I've been told

gizmo81 wrote: »

If you have a UK Apple login, you can get Now TV on Apple TV but whether they (Now TV) will let you login using an Irish userid is another question.

UK users of Now TV can use Apple TV and/or Chromecast.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Crazy sh1t. I hate this 'Paddy Tax' culture.

coylemj wrote: »
    If you have a UK Apple login, you can get Now TV on Apple TV but whether they (Now TV) will let you login using an Irish userid is another question.

UK users of Now TV can use Apple TV and/or Chromecast.

gizmo81 wrote: »

Can't find any clear info online...

Edit, got onto chat with Now Tv, I need to buy a box. Seems crazy when i have a Roku which is Now Tv as far as I've been told

Open a UK roku a/c and a UK nowtv a/c and your good to go. Uk Roku accounts much better than Irish one. UK nowtv a/c much better value.

Just going to update my uk experience of now tv in the uk

Did some goggling on uk retention deals when you go to cancel so I tried it.

I am on a three month free entertainment pass so went to cancel and was advised to give the reason too expensive so my cancellation goes through and will take effect at the end of September so in the interim I can keep watching. No entertainment retention deal but I was offered sky cinema free for 1 month took the offer.

So I decided to put through my sky cinema cancellation as I didn't want to pay £9.99 a month and I was offered cinema for £3.99 a month for 4 months so took the offer. Works out at 5 months cinema at £3.19 pm average

the uk entertainment pass is going up to £7.99 pm from mide august

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was looking into the trial because their site says I can watch now tv on a games console.

Their site confirms this but I can't find their app in the xbox 360 store.
    Can anyone confirm if it can be watched on a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I might sign up for the free trial next Sunday so I can 3 episodes of the new series of game of thrones. Can i cancel the day the free trial expires and not get charged €15 Or do they take €15 out once the trial finishes either way???

I got the app on my Android Tv through Aptiode market and sideload

Was looking into the trial because their site says I can watch now tv on a games console.

Their site confirms this but I can't find their app in the xbox 360 store.
    Can anyone confirm if it can be watched on a console?

UK: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and P4.

Here, none of them.

UK supported devices

ROI supported devices

UK: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and P4.

Here, none of them.

UK supported devices

ROI supported devices

That's a disappointment. I assumed that I was reading the native information.

Giving the trial a whirl on my tablet and I'm finding the quality very poor. Netflix working flawlessly by contrast.

That's a disappointment. I assumed that I was reading the native information.

Giving the trial a whirl on my tablet and I'm finding the quality very poor. Netflix working flawlessly by contrast.

Then may I suggest that you do not sign up at the end of the trial and if they ask why, let them know that their service is crap. And while you're at it, please take the time to remind them that they don't support the same devices that work in the UK and forcing Irish people to buy an overpriced Roku box to watch it on a real TV (because Apple TV and Chromecast are not supported here) is a complete rip-off.

• Advertisement

Then may I suggest that you do not sign up at the end of the trial and if they ask why, let them know that their service is crap. And while you're at it, please take the time to remind them that they don't support the same devices that work in the UK and forcing Irish people to buy an overpriced Roku box to watch it on a real TV (because Apple TV and Chromecast are not supported here) is a complete rip-off.

You read my mind

Advertisement