Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Whats the deal with charging & battery life? It comes charged so im not sure what i do to preserve battery life. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Tinie wrote: »
    Everytime I got to the app store on the touchpad it says "This action could not be completed. Please try again later".

Any ideas?

Also is there a thread for general touchpad discussion or is this it?

Did you click the link in the mail you got from HPWeb OS ? Somethings wont work until you validate - personal experience :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Did any body here get their hands on a Pre3? This may be of interest:
    EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    I just wondering about which service provider would give us the best deal for our brand new unlocked smartphones... We're gonna need a decent amount internet gigs, especially for those who also have a Touchpad and tether them to use the Pre3 as a mobile hotspot. I have about 1gig a month as is and in 20 months I've only busted that a couple of times but, like I said, if we use the thing as a mobile hotspot, we might find ourselves drinking up a lot more than that! Anybody any ideas?

I'm thinking it might be possible to do a deal with them if we have a large enough number of people interested, we may possibly be able to have some say in the terms we get... Anybody interested in pooling their purchasing power to this end?

P.s. Maybe this should be in it's own thread...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anywhere you can read on the best tips to get the best battery life and any guides on what the best apps are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Anywhere you can read on the best tips to get the best battery life and any guides on what the best apps are?

I wouldn't be worried about battery life this early on, where are planning on taking it?

http://www.webosroundup.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

as far as i know you just let it run dead completely the first time you get it , then charge it to 100% and let it go dead again, and repeat this pattern! Isnt that the general accepted pattern to maximise battery?

I wouldn't be worried about battery life this early on, where are planning on taking it?

http://www.webosroundup.com/
    Well whenever I get like a phone or ipod, I always try to get the best battery life from it, as I often forget to charge things for a few days on end.

Cheers for the link though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I have one waiting for me at home, cannot wait to pick it up. From looking at the videos and the preware, i dont think i'll even bother with any android ports.

Touchplayer, plays almost all video formats. I tried with a couple of HD files but it struggled...

http://www.precentral.net/touchplayer

This is excellent, map your 50gb Box.net account as a network drive on your PC -

http://www.precentral.net/map-box-net-network-drive-your-computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Where do you enter in the promo code? I cant find it.

Not sure, I don't have mine with me.

This was in the comments -

EDIT: Sorry, US only.

Its USA Only it seems :(

Its USA Only it seems :(

Ah ****e. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭rocky

Does Android have 'proper' multitasking yet? If not, I won't bother porting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    Did any body here get their hands on a Pre3? This may be of interest:

Meteor do 10 GB for €15, more than you will ever need.

On topic: anyone got a working link for the Kindle IPK?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Motjida

rocky wrote: »
    Does Android have 'proper' multitasking yet? If not, I won't bother porting...

Android has been sporting proper multitasking since birth

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Does anyone know how to connect to a wifi network with a proxy server if I select the network and turn off auto IP settings it still doesn't come up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭rocky

Motjida wrote: »
    Android has been sporting proper multitasking since birth

Nope, when you switch between tabs on Android, the video playing is stopped

rocky wrote: »
    Nope, when you switch between tabs on Android, the video playing is stopped

Yeah, I haven't seen multi tasking at this level on any mobile OS.

At least the browser on Android isn't a piece of crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 brian23456

Anyone know where to get the touchstone at a decent price. I know Argos have it a half price but you cant reserve it. Not sure if its worth going to shop or not. Amazon still looking for full price and ebay not much better?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

brian23456 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get the touchstone at a decent price. I know Argos have it a half price but you cant reserve it. Not sure if its worth going to shop or not. Amazon still looking for full price and ebay not much better?
    I'm looking for one of these as well. Tried Argos in Stephens Green yesterday but no joy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

XDA have a TouchPad Accessories forum up, some nice 3rd party cases and stuff being linked.

Just got my HP case from Elara. Not massively impressed to be honest. I guess I didn't realize what pain in the ass it would be to fold over a cover every time I wanted to use it. The propping up works fairly well, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Having problems installing preware, java keeps saying

Error: could not load file/URL Specified C:\Users\win7us~1\AppData\Local\Temp\javaws18

Using win7 64bit, the file is there alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Anyone know how to get kindle?
    I got pReader but it messed up the books I put onto it with € signs everywhere!!

Advertisement