Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Tom Map Corrections

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ultwen wrote: »
    Correction Type : Add Roundabout
    City : Nth county Dublin
    Road Name: R 132
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 29.572 W6 deg 11.746
    Description: There is now a roundabout here, whick allows a right turn onto R126 when heading north. there is also a left turn into a new development

Hi ultwen ,
    Is this the location of the roundabout?
    Is the new estate to the left.
    Nothing shows on street view either.
    r132gv.gif

r132dv.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Correction Type : unblock road
    City : nth county Dublin
    Road Name : Chapel farm grove
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 31.365. W6 deg 10.167

Chapel farm grove is not a dead end it joins to chapel farm avenue
    Report sent.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Hi koolkid

Yes that is the location of the new roundabout

As for the left turn, there is one off the new roundabout but its blocked until whatever is being built inside is finished.
    It looks like a commercial development

hope this helps

Correction Type : one way street
    City : Kilkee County Clare
    Road Name:Corry Lane
    Co Ordinates : N52 deg 40.659 W9 deg 38.805
    Description: Corry lane is one way only ,Traffic from Circular Road cannot enter Corry Lane
    Corrected via mapshare. Please do likewise.
    Correction Type : Block Road
    Road Name: Chapel Farm Square
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 31.320. W6 deg 10.198
    Description: There are now bollards placed at the end of this road to prevent vehicle access to or from Chapel Farm Road.
    To gain access to Chapel Farm Fquare from Chapel Farm Road you now must come via Chapel Farm Drive
    Report sent. Thank you

Correction Type : Block Road
    Road Name: Chapel Farm Avenue
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 31.473. W6 deg 10.269
    Description: There are now bollards on Chapel farm avenue just before the junction of chapel farm wood and chapel farn park

• Advertisement

Hi Ultwen,
    Just to clarify this one
    cfarmavedv.gif
    Are the bollards where marked in red?
    If I am driving from the right of that point is there no access to Chapel Farm Wood, Chapel Farm Park or the rest of Chapel Farm Avenue?

koolkid wrote: »
    Hi Ultwen,
    Just to clarify this one
    cfarmavedv.gif
    Are the bollards where marked in red?
    If I am driving from the right of that point is there no access to Chapel Farm Wood, Chapel Farm Park or the rest of Chapel Farm Avenue?

Hi koolkid

Where you have the red mark is correct.
    If your driving on Chapel farm wood and you come to the junction you can go left on c.f. avenue or straight on c.f. park , but you can no longer go right on to c.f .avenue

If you look on google street view you will be able to see the bollards,
    hope this makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Correction Type : Turn restriction
    City : Dublin city
    Road Name: James Joyce Bridge
    Co Ordinates: [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]53.346882,-6.282506[/FONT]
    Description: There is no right turn onto Ellis Quay from the James Joyce Bridge as you drive northwards towards Blackhall Place

Co Ordinates: [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]53.346882,-6.282506[/FONT]
    Description: There is no right turn onto Ellis Quay from the James Joyce Bridge as you drive northwards towards Blackhall Place

Hi Qualitymark ,

Tom Tom on the iphone call this bridge Blackhall place bridge
    The name will have to be changed as well

thanks

Hi Qualitymark ,

Tom Tom on the iphone call this bridge Blackhall place bridge
    The name will have to be changed as well

thanks

It's also called Blackhall Place Bridge on Google Maps - like "Harold's Crossroad" (should be Harold's Cross Road), it's one of those mistakes that's rather suspiciously shared across maps by various publishers.

I wonder if they all have the Samuel Beckett Bridge wrong as well.

• Advertisement

Hi koolkid

Where you have the red mark is correct.
    If your driving on Chapel farm wood and you come to the junction you can go left on c.f. avenue or straight on c.f. park , but you can no longer go right on to c.f .avenue

If you look on google street view you will be able to see the bollards,
    hope this makes sense

Thanks.
    Report sent.

Corrected via MapShare. Please do likewise.

Corrected via MapShare. Please do likewise.

koolkid, I've given up on MapShare, since the corrections don't seem to be changed by TomTom. Maybe they wait for a significant number of people to make the correction or something, but the corrections I've put in haven't been used.

Mapshare is based on volume. That's one of the reasons I started this thread.
    I have also changed it as a trusted source.If it doesn't appear as a patch I will chase it up.

Mapshare is based on volume. That's one of the reasons I started this thread.
    I have also changed it as a trusted source.If it doesn't appear as a patch I will chase it up.

Okeydoke, I'll add both the northwards right-hand turn from James Joyce Bridge and the wrongly-named Harold's Cross Road tomorrow so.

Right, have done that.

Incidentally, it would be a good idea to change the wording of "Is the highlighted section correct" in the dialogue used for changing street names to "Is the highlighted section the one you wish to change". As it is, it leads to a confusing loop: "Is it correct? No! That's why I want to change it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

There are 2 new stretches of road on this route that are not updated on the latest maps. How can I can report them on mapshare?

Not easily done via Mapshare.
    If you post some detail here with some map shots I will send a detailed report to TomTom .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Koolkid, was out in Crosshaven in Cork yesterday and when I wanted to plot a route from there to Kinsale it started by taking me up Haye's Hill and then telling me to take a left at the top of the hill on Middle Road however arrows painted on the road seem to indicate this would be going the wrong way on a one way street. There were no signposts that I saw saying you could or couldnt go left only the arrow painted on the road.

If you look below on google maps, and just go forward one step then pan to the left you should be able to see the road markings. Seems to be a bit of an odd road in that it does appear to be a two way road a bit further back the road on the left. Also, if you follow Middle Road in the direction of the arrows you'll see at the end where it meets Lower Road there is "No Entry" markings for people trying to get on at that point which would seem to also indicate its a one way road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=crosshaven,+ireland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.489543,72.421875&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Crosshaven,+County+Cork,+Ireland&ll=51.802813,-8.297336&spn=0,0.00221&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.802718,-8.297228&panoid=bc8RClGZtVWA9YcfhV1wRQ&cbp=12,314.7,,0,31.64

Hope thats somewhat clear :D

Looking at map v860
    middleroaddv.png
    it appears
    Middle Road from Church Road to Haye's Hill is 2 way & Middle Road from Haye's Hill to Lower Road is one way Northbound.
    Are you saying all Middle Road should be one way Northbound

• Advertisement

No, not the entire road but the one-way starts slightly before the junction with Haye's Hill so crucially it means you cant make a left when you come up the hill. I tried to mark it on the attached image but basically it seems the tt maps see the oneway starting at the green line but in reality it starts closer to the red line.

143836.png

OK I gothcha now.
    Ill get a report done up for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 helvete

anyone notice that there is no J12 on the M50, has this been reported too? also i think it was mentioned here in regards to the speed limit on the M50 in sections is 120 on the maps but 100 on the road and there looks to be in the future a speedtrap near J12 northbound

M50 J12 Is Ballycullen Road
    It is showing here on map v860
    m50j12dv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9 helvete

ok so on my unit, it does not show M50 J12, like it does for others, and doesn't show the connecting roads to it, unless i zoom right in, so maybe thats why i'm missing it, cheers koolkid!!

also one correction to report:

Correction Type : Roundabout Missing
    City : West County Dublin
    Road Name: Ballycoolin Road
    Co Ordinates: 53.403993,-6.358767
    Description: Roundabout is missing, is a permanent change

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Hi Koolkid,

Not sure if these are any use... I don't have a gps device yet so these may be inaccurate, however going by the routeplanner online (not sure if it is exact match to the GPS software) I have noticed some fixes for Ballina, Co. Mayo. Please see attachments.

From red squares to red squares I have identified the new one way system in place in town the last few months.

Bridges.jpeg
    • On the bridges, they reversed the one way system so you will see the route is now going clockwise.
    • On Pearse street, from the middle of town until nearly down to Walsh street, this is made one way from the entrance to the car park beside Penny's to the middle of town.
    • From the middle of the town, to Barrett Street is now one way going towards the bridges.
    • On hill street you go up the hill now instead of down the hill, casement street you can only go towards bury street and O'Rahilly street you go down to the middle of the town instead of up.
    Molloy Terrace.jpeg
    • There is a crossroads at the top of water lane
    • There is a road that goes from here up to the Foxford road (left at crossroads if coming up from Barrett Street) which has always been there. They have reversed the one way now so you go from the cross roads up to the Foxford road. (not on maps)
    • The new road that goes from crossroads as above, straight through the junction though to the Foxford road is a two way road (not on map either)
    • Water lane is a one way from Barrett street up to the cross road
    • Molloy Terrace is now a one way from the junction after you turn off the Foxford road down to Water lane.

If you need more detail, let me know and I'll see if I can improve screenshots, etc. This was very quickly put together so may not make too much sense and may be quite messy :-)

EDIT:The have just made the section between the green squares on bridges.jpg two way again...

Not so much a correction as an addition but theres a carpark by Grand Canal Square that doesnt seem to be in the TomTom database. Was looking for parking for a nearby hotel and it wasnt listing this carpark at all.

http://www.q-park.ie/tabid/425/qparkParkingLocatorvw3443/parkingDetail/ParkingID/1880/language/en-US/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Housing estate where i live is missing.Loads of people complained to me that they can't find estate simply because it is not on the map.Estate was build 7 years ago,never been put on satnav maps.and its rather big.About 60 houses.Its located in Bunclody,Co.Wexford

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n527/mandzhalas/oldforest1.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n527/mandzhalas/oldforest2.jpg

oldforest1.png

oldforest2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

gebbel wrote: »
    There are 2 new stretches of road on this route that are not updated on the latest maps. How can I can report them on mapshare?

Ok I might be able to help here, there are three sections of road between Mullingar and Delvin on the N52 which I have tried to report several times, but in all three cases it is new road with new junctions so I cannot seem to do it from my device.

1: Rathconnell Area: The first of a two phase realignment which was opened last year and can be seen clearly on the OS map as proposed. There is a new T junction and link road to the old section.

5466534305_f90ea966dc.jpg
    Rathconnell by mickeyboymel, on Flickr
    TOMTOM Route Start Finish Here

2. Cloughan Macetown Realignment opened 4 years ago and again shown in white on the OS Map, together with new T Junction and link road onto old section.

5467130100_cf705bac88.jpg
    Cloughan by mickeyboymel, on Flickr

TomTom Route Start Finish HERE

3. Billistown Realignment opened at least 8 to 9 years ago and never updated on any map, again shown in white and displaying the complete redesign of the crossroads (Caddagh).

5466530189_34031dba59.jpg
    Billistown by mickeyboymel, on Flickr

TOMTOM Route Start Finish Points HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

R400 Lynn Road Mullingar - New Offset Roundabout: It goes nowhere but is considerably offset from the line of the road especially when approaching from the south.

Also in the image the area marked Ushnagh Court appears on the maps as Lynn Road even though it is a gated community and also, and the internal roadway is not complete as it only shows the upper loop on the map.

5467260892_544c1323b2.jpg
    Lynn Road by mickeyboymel, on Flickr

TOMTOM Approx Location Here

Advertisement