Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 19:56   #6166
Sardonicat

Con job, lying, buck passing trades men. You fitted it in the first place. You are the reason it's not been done properly. I'm in no mood, so good luck with me tomorrow. I almost feel sorrow for you, dealing with me in the frame of mind I'm in currently. Almost...

Last edited by Sardonicat; Yesterday at 20:19.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:21   #6167
pinkyeye

Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:29   #6168
Jenna James

I have difficulty with portion control
Yesterday, 21:38   #6169
PsychoPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna James View Post
I have difficulty with portion control
According to the pizza box it serves four people, so I'm eating for four people. I buy "share" bags of sweets because there is a miserable amount in normal bags
Yesterday, 22:04   #6170
Gervais08

Not trivial but watching The Hunger - Story of the Famine and I’m angry and sad.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 22:58   #6171
Antares35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkyeye View Post
Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!
Ah this! Boots feckin did that to me during lockdown, kept sending emails telling me to buy their stuff, and when I went onto their webpage, literally everything was sold out. At one stage there was a queue to even get onto the site (where they had nothing).

A related TA is the absolute selfishness of other women who were also pregnant at the time panic buying bulk amounts of maternity supplies, formula etc. from boots. There wasn't a thing to be got, even maternity pads. They had to limit the number of boxes of formula per customer. I just couldn't bulk buy stuff like that thinking about leaving someone else short.

Was in Lidl getting formula and we usually have two boxes - one on the go and a spare so we don't have to run out late at night. So, doing the shopping we'd get two. This particular time there were two boxes left, and I couldn't bring myself to take the second last and the last one so came home with one!
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 23:24   #6172
siblers

People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.
Yesterday, 23:26   #6173
Surreptitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by siblers View Post
People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.
There's something very British about it.
(4) thanks from:
Yesterday, 23:32   #6174
the purple tin

I've heard sly used a bit here.
You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 00:08   #6175
Surreptitious

I need a week away, maybe on the Moon where people don't take any notice, just hang out with some irregular rocks instead.
(3) thanks from:
Today, 00:09   #6176
Surreptitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
I've heard sly used a bit here.
You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.
Another one is 'sneaky'. I'm having a sneaky kebab. No your face is covered in sauces and it's all over your togs. Feck all sneaky about it
(3) thanks from:
Today, 00:18   #6177
lainey_d_123

Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.
(2) thanks from:
Today, 00:25   #6178
leffesem

Following on from 'cheeky' , 'sly' , and 'sneaky' ; my TA is when some bird (it's always a bird - but the way things are going that's subject to change ) comes out with I've been a good girl, cos she's managed to eat less than what she normally does; or summit healthy... or a combo of both..

At a loss as to how eating little, or healthy makes a person think that they've been good And they usually sound perky and chipper when they trod that line out; which ups the TA factor a few notches more than what it would've been were it uttered matter-of-factedly
(2) thanks from:
Today, 00:28   #6179
Surreptitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey_d_123 View Post
Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.
Come to the Moon with me. It'll be cool. Probably freezing even

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion