Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LG TV Magic Remote and Vodafone TV STB

• 26-11-2020 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I recently purchased an LG OLED55CX5LB TV. It's remote allows you go control various set boxes. Unfortunately Vodafone is not listed as an option, whereas eir and Sky is listed. Has anyone found way to control the STB with this remote?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Antoinejh wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently purchased an LG OLED55CX5LB TV. It's remote allows you go control various set boxes. Unfortunately Vodafone is not listed as an option, whereas eir and Sky is listed. Has anyone found way to control the STB with this remote?

Thanks

I've the same issue. If you do a search for Vodafone it'll find Vodafone and Vodafone Iceland (weirdly). You have to keep trying at the next page as it seems try about 15 different predefined models until it says it can't find the correct one and then gives you the option to manually enter the model. The one I have is assis vib2262 V2. It actually finds the vib2262 but even after confirmation it doesn't work. So frustrating. I've read on lg website that the magic remote will only control other devices with magic remotes and not standard .(https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/how-to-setup-universal-control-on-your-magic-remote-CT10000018-20150539692863). So my conclusion is we're goosed. Did you come to the same conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Antoinejh

Hi Aidan,

Yeah we're goosed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MichaelWatt

Aidan, I was just wondering if you resolved the issue with the LG Magic Remote and the Vodafone STB? I have the same issue that it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Aidan, I was just wondering if you resolved the issue with the LG Magic Remote and the Vodafone STB? I have the same issue that it won't work.

Hi Michael,
    Unfortunately not. It's just not possible as that are 2 totally different technologies as far as I cud conclude. I searched all over and got no joy. Only option is to upgrade set top box I think. Just for reference this is a good link for using magic remote for universal remote

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/how-to-
    setup-universal-control-on-your-magic-remote-CT10000018-20150539692863

It's from 2019 so specific to previous version of remote but still helpful
    Aidan

Advertisement