Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-10-2020, 22:12   #1
Thestart

Spotify or phone hacked/ controlled.

My wife thinks that someone is affecting the playlist on Spotify of friends she follows. She looked at a friends account and it had a certain artist and song that was recently listened too, she called the person and they said that they didn’t listen too it. I think it’s a software glitch but she thinks it’s a ex who has hacked her phone and is messing with other peoples playlists!!! Is it possible that someone can or would do this? She thinks they are messing at her Pinterest account and changing people who she is following or who followed her.

Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Thestart; 23-10-2020 at 22:17.
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 22:16   #2
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestart View Post
My wife thinks that someone is affecting the playlist on Spotify of friends she follows. She looked at a friends account and it had a certain artist and song that was recently listened too, she called the person and they said that they didn’t listen too it. I think it’s a software glitch but she thinks it’s a ex who has hacked her phone and is messing with other peoples playlists!!! Is it possible that someone can or would do this? She thinks they are messing at her Pinterest account and changing people who she is following or who she has followed.

Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or maybe your wife's friend was too embarrassed to admit they liked the artist/song?

Obvious thing to do here by your wife's friend is to reset all passwords.
23-10-2020, 22:21   #3
Thestart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonelovin'dude View Post
Or maybe your wife's friend was too embarrassed to admit they liked the artist/song?

Obvious thing to do here by your wife's friend is to reset all passwords.
Thanks for reply, she already did this but still thinks someone has access to her phone and can see the change!
24-10-2020, 11:24   #4
pah

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had installed spotify on my PlayStation and logged in with a one time user code linked to my account which is through facebook. Not long after this my account was hacked ( not sure how ) I would open spotify and find latino/spanish/south american music playing. I would put on my own stuff and it would keep switching back.

I signed out of everywhere through the website changed my password and enabled 2fa on my Facebook account. Didn't happen again
24-10-2020, 11:27   #5
pah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestart View Post
Thanks for reply, she already did this but still thinks someone has access to her phone and can see the change!
As above, how does she access spotify? It can be through FB twitter Google or direct login. Sign out of all devices through the spotify account in browser enable 2fa on your sign in method.
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 11:29   #6
Ciano35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pah View Post
This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had installed spotify on my PlayStation and logged in with a one time user code linked to my account which is through facebook. Not long after this my account was hacked ( not sure how ) I would open spotify and find latino/spanish/south american music playing. I would put on my own stuff and it would keep switching back.

I signed out of everywhere through the website changed my password and enabled 2fa on my Facebook account. Didn't happen again
Yep mine got hacked before too. Same story, weird songs being played when logging in and I could see a phone listed in the devices that I didn't recognise. Signing out of everywhere and changing the password sorted it.
24-10-2020, 11:32   #7
TheChizler

If you've multiple devices linked to these services other people with access to these devices could be inadvertently using the account.

https://support.spotify.com/ie/artic...to-my-account/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion