Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows Phone / Windows 8 App recommendations

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

If anyone is interested in getting a wickr app for windows phone, please submit your interest.

Got this in reply to my query...

"Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, we are currently working on a Windows phone version but have no official timeline. The more users contact us about this request the higher priority it will receive with our development team.

If you would like to know when this feature becomes available, please let us know and we will keep you updated.

Thanks for contacting us and please let us know how else we may improve the app for you.

Warmest regards,

Wickr International Consumer Support Division
    Web: www.wickr.com/wickr-support
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/mywickr
    Twitter: @mywickr

Wickr
    San Francisco, CA"

Really like that Translator app!
    Strange no Greek though?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

Have this a few weeks now and device is okay, I bought it to see if I use something like this and got it on the amazon deal so good price. It a good device for fitness, I like the sleep tracker. My issue is how often I have to charge it after 24 hours use I am below 40% so means I need to charge it every day but I say this would be the same similar devices, should of bought a second charging cable.

Also anyone using the band1 with windows10 from the insider program, I don't get notifications on the band and assume as it because I have windows10, just want to check I haven't missed some configuration

kleefarr wrote: »
    Really like that Translator app!
    Strange no Greek though?

I see there is Greek listed.
    Very impressive app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Garmin Connect Mobile FINALLY!!! :) Not showing up in store for me yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Does anyone remember the website/app that microsoft had that let you check what similar apps where available on windows phone?
    So if you wanted an app that wasn't available it gave you recommendations of similar apps that where available.
    Thought I seen it on this thread but couldn't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

wilser wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the website/app that microsoft had that let you check what similar apps where available on windows phone?
    So if you wanted an app that wasn't available it gave you recommendations of similar apps that where available.
    Thought I seen it on this thread but couldn't find it
    They had an app "Where's My App?" That used to suggest alternatives for certain apps. I dont think it is curated any more as many of the apps recommended appear to be out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

That's the one. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Davy wrote: »

This is now available from the Windows App Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Virgin Ireland now have their "Virgin TV Anywhere Ireland" app available in the App Store (for Windows 10) - works streaming live TV to my phone and pretty quick to display the guide and box sets.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/virgin-tv-anywhere-ireland/9n9q5d7rfp32

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hailo hasn't got a Windows app, BUT they merged with MyTaxi which does, and the integration now seems to be complete, so you can use MyTaxi now. Hailo was the one common app I really missed, so it's great to see that gap filled unintentionally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Three Plus app has been updated to the same level as iOS and Android (added the badges functionality, etc) and is now working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macdavi

Bus Nearby is no longer available from the Windows Store. Anyone know how to get it? Or can it be transferred from an older phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Macdavi wrote: »
    Bus Nearby is no longer available from the Windows Store. Anyone know how to get it? Or can it be transferred from an older phone?

I doubt it, on account of there being no support anymore

Pity! An excellent app, working well. Seems a shame that if you lose or damage your phone, you lose the app as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Beagslife

Try Journey Planner from the NTA.

You might also be able to use the updated Maps by getting Directions and then selecting Bus. I'm out of Ireland at the moment so not sure if it works there.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Macdavi wrote: »
    Pity! An excellent app, working well. Seems a shame that if you lose or damage your phone, you lose the app as well.

I think you are missing the bigger picture. That Windows Phone is effectively dead. If you lose your phone, you will find it very hard to get another one.

Shame because it had great ideas.

Yes, I know, but still plenty of 2nd hand ones on the market for fans as people rush to Android.

Advertisement