Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indoor go karting hits Limerick!

Options
  • 26-05-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

read on the paper today that Limerick is to have "one of the finest indoor go karting facility in europe".

its to open in the delta retail park, page 8 of the Limerick chronical.

lets hope its not too expensive!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Indoor Karting Returns to Limerick.

It used be in a building which WAS across the road from the old O'Mara Motors on the Ennis Road.

It used to be fun but the track was very small and the guys were far too touchy. They didn't like teenagers using them as dodgems. I could never understand why. :rolleyes:

An indoor version of Kartworld in Cork would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

fantastic news

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Woo something that isnt cinema/pub to do. Bout time, hope its affordable and opens late, serious lack of things to do in the evenings in this town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

krudler wrote: »
    Woo something that isnt cinema/pub to do. Bout time, hope its affordable and opens late, serious lack of things to do in the evenings in this town.

Hope they serve Beer - My drink driving is gone very rusty.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

more fun things like this should be set up in Limerick where there are huge abandoned retail outlets in the retail parks, maybe another unigolf/quasar/activity place

• Advertisement

dave 27 wrote: »
    more fun things like this should be set up in Limerick where there are huge abandoned retail outlets in the retail parks, maybe another unigolf/quasar/activity place

I'd love to combine Quad-Biking and Paintball topped off with many varied alcohol promotions.......

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Drunk paintball, that'd be awesome.

I must go paintballing this summer actually, never been, time to put everything I've learned playing Call of Duty into practical use :D

I must go paintballing this summer actually, never been, time to put everything I've learned playing Call of Duty into practical use :D

Nope - drunken Paintballing on your Quad-Bike as you speed over ramps - All the time trying to concentrate your mind, focus your aim, end your Foes and beat the queues at the Bar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

I've always hoped somebody would set up a proper American style bowling alley in Limerick, complete with a bar and food etc. It would go down a treat I reckon.

Dont charge too much for a game- encourage people to stay longer. Keep the scumbags out. I think one of those abandoned warehouses like the unigolf have would be perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've always hoped somebody would set up a proper American style bowling alley in Limerick, complete with a bar and food etc. It would go down a treat I reckon.

Dont charge too much for a game- encourage people to stay longer. Keep the scumbags out. I think one of those abandoned warehouses like the unigolf have would be perfect for it.

Maybe you should get those wheels on the bus sorted and you could have a tidy little venture for yourself - I think you would attract the pro-am bowlers that play over on ennis road too.

Was in one like you mentioned in america, was great, food was lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Which one is the delta retail park....the abandoned one near the parkway?? (tkmaxx etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Which one is the delta retail park....the abandoned one near the parkway?? (tkmaxx etc)

No the one where Soundstore is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

its on the ballysimon road on your right hand side as far as i know..

This is great news and its opening mid june.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I was just saying to someone the other day that the old (newish) dell plant would make a fantastic indoor go-karting track!! Probably not the type of business they would want for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Is this the small track out the back of the kids play centre? I was there last week and it looked almost ready.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I was just saying to someone the other day that the old (newish) dell plant would make a fantastic indoor go-karting track!! Probably not the type of business they would want for it though.

That would be a BIG BIG Track. Never going to happen though.

Firefox11 wrote: »

Myself and my co-workers used to race these around one of the Dell Plants years ago - Good times, used to drive one to the Coffee machines, Jacks and into the Canteen right to your table when it was suitably quiet (on the night shift, early mornings etc.)

pallet_end.jpg

Raiser wrote: »
    Myself and my co-workers used to race these around one of the Dell Plants years ago - Good times, used to drive one to the Coffee machines, Jacks and into the Canteen right to your table when it was suitably quiet (on the night shift, early mornings etc.)

When I worked in EMF1 in 1998 we have a wodden electric pallet truck which was called the bone shaker. It was extremely fast and one guy who had just started took her out for a spin. He tried to take a corner too fast and lost control. It hit the wall(IIRC) and it exploded into bits of wood and metal.

Hilarious. :D We scattered and he was nabbed. DBL :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

you cant use your thumper just because someone is camping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

This is actually going to be a really good track. It's a company expanding from Dublin called Kylemore Karting:

http://www.kylemore-karting.com/temp/index.php

It won't be ready for another couple of months but promises to be a good track!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Sounds fun

Sounds fun

Not for girls. You have Sex and the City and we have Karting.

Get your own FAD! :mad:

Berty wrote: »
    Not for girls. You have Sex and the City and we have Karting.

Get your own FAD! :mad:

You can f**k right off with that nonsense :)
    I suppose I should go fold some laundry...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Looks great judging by that website above. Badly needed in Limerick, seriously nothin to do in/around the city.

You can f**k right off with that nonsense :)
    I suppose I should go fold some laundry...

Will the chain from the sink reach or do you need a man to lift that big basket full of laundry over to you? :D

Berty wrote: »
    Will the chain from the sink reach or do you need a man to lift that big basket full of laundry over to you? :D

Oh Berty, how thin is that ice you skate on :)
    And not all feckin women love Sex and the City you know -God forbid we might break that floral mould and want to give karting a go! The gals would probably whop your ass too ya know (And that's not me saying that, it's just a fact... ;))

samichesdv7.jpg

Im still joking by the way before you start driving the streets looking for my house to kill me with a rolling pin.

633743687626191010-Resistance.jpg

Whatevs Berty :pac:

Touché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I passed it the other day and thought i was seeing things when it looked like the track was in the air but apparently the track will rise up and be on a number of levels. More like a roller coaster.

Its up behind Fine wines party store and the car wash

Advertisement